Skrtel confirms Rangers talks(Record)

No idea what level he'd be at now but I would certainly much prefer the resources to get him were used in other areas considering how much depth we seem to have in that position now.

Get the big man in. He could easily rally the troops and give expertise to the likes of Katic etc.

%^*& it we’re going all out for 55.

In all seriousness, he’s not coming as Helander is signing.

From DR

Martin Skrtel confirms Rangers talks as former Liverpool star leaves Fenerbahce
The Slovakian defender has revealed his agent met with Rangers to discuss a potential move

Martin Skrtel has confirmed talks with Rangers about a proposed summer move.
But he insists no decision has been made on his future as Rangers near a deal for Swedish centre back Filip Helander.

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads

The former Liverpool defender has been a target for Steven Gerrard since his old Anfield team-mate took over at Ibrox last summer.

Record Sport exclusively revealed two weeks ago that talks were back on the table after he ran down his huge £60k-a-week contract.

A move looks unlikely now with Helander set to join in a big money deal but Skrtel admitted that talks had taken place between his agent and the club.
He told Slovakian media: "There are offers but I’m not in a hurry to choose my new team. I have some criteria and I have to be patient.

I’m wouldn’t be surprised if this is true. As long as he’s taking a dramatic cut in money I think it would be good to have an experienced CH in. His knowledge and guidance could be invaluable for Goldson and Katic.

From the report:

Helander will become Rangers' most expensive signing since Nikica Jelavic joined from Rapid Vienna in 2010.

Where did he get that from?

1. Journalist carried out some research on the facts?

2. Lifted it directly from here?

Mmmhhh let me think?

All a bit puzzling - until you consider agents, retard, silly season & truth don't exactly go together or sell newspapers

I’d rather Martin Bombscare Canning came out of retirement.

Thanks but no thanks Skrtel you had your chance last summer this train isn’t stopping now!

Oh Jesus, not again!!

Someone’s at the wind up here. If he was coning this summer, he’d be here now. That simple.

I would imagine teams talk to fucken loads of players across a summer - actual hunners but such is the changing in a transfer market the club will have moved on from a player long after the player still looks for the call etc.

players and teams will screw each other and bump each other all the time

The Record and in particular Jackson were the only outlet to go with the Skrtel story this summer.

I think they’ve run this today as a face-saver given we’re signing the super Swede

Think this is the media possibly trying to make the big swede think twice.
Oohh I myt not get much football if there’s 5 centre backs.
Raging cos the clubs giving them nothing so they’re just mischief making.
Could have completed the deal but no one knows.

A bit off topic but

I heard somebody say recently re Fenerbahce “ they certainly have money” when talking about signings(from the epl I think). It got me thinking what their TV deal is like or where they get money to splash out? I know they’re a big club But while others are being left behind, I thought they and their league would be one of them?

A bit off topic but

I heard somebody say recently re Fenerbahce “ they certainly have money” when talking about signings(from the epl I think). It got me thinking what their TV deal is like or where they get money to splash out? I know they’re a big club But while others are being left behind, I thought they and their league would be one of them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_domestic_football_league_broadcast_deals_by_country

It's the 6th biggest tv deal in world football and is worth just shy of £400m a season...

Back