Skudamore of English Premiership needs a leg-up

it's obscene he is getting £5m bonus when he leaves. It is obscene they are asking each EPL club to contribute £250k towards it but.....
I am no sexist but the lady taking over has worked for the Discovery TV Channel, Channel 5 and MTV what are her football credentials - crazy

Weird that it's the dosh thats been asked for as theres only so much you can do with it

What a job getting the funds in though! - leading a growth into the billion bracket

It’s obscene but he’s certainly contributed in making a lot of people very wealthy and they’ll consider that the equivalent of sticking a fiver in a work card.

Perhaps as a wealthy man himself he should suggest they put it towards lowering some ticket prices to allow people to attend who he’s helped price out of the game.

19 years he’s made a good living, probably had about £5m in expenses already.
Giving him another £5m from clubs over and above his pension package is it really required.

You'd probably find £250k doon the back of the couches in the directors suite at all the EPL clubs.....

But to be fair he has made a huge difference to many clubs ...take Bournemouth / Huddersfield / Burnley and the likes ridiculous amounts they receive....

Now that he's going I wonder if super woman might see the benefit of us being invited given our fan base etc

And if Scotland was run by a proper 3rd tier government Paedo FC would be closed down...only 1 option to invite us!

He was not paid min wage while employed....disgusting
Basic salary was £2.5m a year. True he got loads of dosh into EPL. Recently on Talksport (Fat Al's early show) Simon Jordan was saying since around 2003 teams in EPL had promised/agreed a certain amount per season to give back to grass roots football. To date they have not contributed a brass razoo - It would have amounted to a nine figure sum (over 100m)

Imagine if they all did that and put the 5 million quid back into grassroots football.

19 years he’s made a good living, probably had about £5m in expenses already.
Giving him another £5m from clubs over and above his pension package is it really required.

He gets £2.5 million per year. Now let's say over the course of his tenure his average salary was "only" £1 million PA, he has still made nearly £20 million and probably has made plenty more with side ventures which were helped by his position.

Like I said, obscene!

Taking away the fact he's more than well paid enough for his job considering the boost in tv revenue he's generated for the EPL not sure a small 250k contribution is that bad to owners of each club from their point of view.As a monkey in the wrench we as a club should look to at least speak to him for info,suggestions to grow the brand or as a replacement for that twat Doncaster

it's obscene he is getting £5m bonus when he leaves. It is obscene they are asking each EPL club to contribute £250k towards it but.....
I am no sexist but the lady taking over has worked for the Discovery TV Channel, Channel 5 and MTV what are her football credentials - crazy
They missed a trick, she should have been black/Asian and gay or transgender to tick all the boxes in this PC world. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with anyone male, female ,trans, black, white, yellow or orange with blue spots getting the job if they have the credentials but, as Bluebearjim above said, I don't see where hers are.
As to Scudamores 5 mill, not for me, but when you see how much bang average players get nowadays, I suppose I can see where the figure is coming from.

Back