Sky Bet not paying out.

gorbalsbear

Official Ticketer
sky bet had a price boost on the Coventry v QPR game, both teams to have 2 shots on target each half, apparently QPR had a shot on goal which would have been the 2nd shot which was saved and then the follow up shot (3rd) was ruled offside, I've seen on twitter others say the other bookies have paid out but sky bet not, does this sort of thing happen a lot, I don't bet a lot but seen this bet and had an account I hadn't used for ages so put £5 on the bet.

sky bet had a price boost on the Coventry v QPR game, both teams to have 2 shots on target each half, apparently QPR had a shot on goal which would have been the 2nd shot which was saved and then the follow up shot (3rd) was ruled offside, I've seen on twitter others say the other bookies have paid out but sky bet not, does this sort of thing happen a lot, I don't bet a lot but seen this bet and had an account I hadn't used for ages so put £5 on the bet.
Speak with them on chat. Would be good if you have sources to back up the claim. For example flash scores has the bet of winning.... Would be good to point out who else have paid out as well.

I had the same bet for a tenner, checked a few stats sites, all confirm
Total Shots on target Coventry 5 QPR 4 first half Coventry 2 QPR 3
Settled as a losing bet correctly.
Good Luck with today’s bets mate

They’re scum with things like this.

Price boost on a Man City CL game and I had KDB to have 2+ shots in target.

He shot from 2 corners and a free kick and they claimed that doesn’t count. However, their rules only state it won’t be classed as a shot if the keeper tips it over the bar or catches it I think it was. All occasions the keeper palmed it back into open play

I currently have an open case with IBAS on it.

Read a case recently on another forum where the bet was a striker to have 4 shots on target. He had 3 and scored too but the goal didn’t count as a shot and they refused to pay out. It might not have been Skybet though. I’m sure the player was Lewandowski.

He shot from 2 corners and a free kick and they claimed that doesn’t count. However, their rules only state it won’t be classed as a shot if the keeper tips it over the bar or catches it I think it was. All occasions the keeper palmed it back into open play

If the keeper catches it or tips it over the bar surely it's on target?

Proper shysters.
Have an open case with IBAS and hoping to take them for 1k. Should hear very soon. 12/14 weeks it takes to settle and just gone past the 12.

In all honesty, as a betting man I wouldn’t expect a shot on target from an offside position to count.
I would agree. I’m assuming the shot was flagged offside during the match? If the shot wasn’t flagged offside and Sky Bet are deeming it offside then that is wrong, they wouldn’t chop goals off for offside/handball that the officials had missed.

In all honesty, as a betting man I wouldn’t expect a shot on target from an offside position to count.

this is what happened to me.

I had Watkins 3 or more shots on target midweek at 9/1. He was on 2 and had a header saved by the keeper but was flagged offside. He also hit the woodwork which I thought would count , but thinking back it’s off target.

if it’s the shot leading up to the offside then fair enough - but an offside one I doubt it.

Is it not the first shot in the lead up to the offside shot the op is referring too?
Possibly.
Think I’d need to see the incident though.
If the first player was genuinely onside then I think Skybet are wrong, but I suspect the first shot or even both were offside.

I had the same bet, cant remember the incident but in the last minute ball had a shot that was going on target but it hit dykes around 6 yards out who was offside, shit that doesnt count as a shot on target

Possibly.
Think I’d need to see the incident though.
If the first player was genuinely onside then I think Skybet are wrong, but I suspect the first shot or even both were offside.
Aye, I had the same bet on but never seen the game.

Good luck with that, fùcking scum behaviour from the bookie.

I had one recently in which I found out blocked shots don't count, can't remember exactly what the bet was.

Guy shoots from outside the box and a defender blocks it dead centre if the goal bht that's NOT a shot on target?

I lost a big bet on corner kicks.
My winning corner was in injury time and the ref blew for time up without allowing the corner to be taken.

Apparently it’s corners taken and not corners awarded, which I think is fucking shite.
Technically he didn’t even award it, just blew for time up when it crossed the line.
Fucking gutted so I was.

That’s harsh as f@ck and also my pet hate of refs blowing for time during an attacking play.

Sky Bet are notorious for inventing their own statistics. I deleted my account with them a few years ago after a similar scam during a liverpool game.

Ball hit a shot that was going on target, but didn’t go on target as it was blocked by his own player. They are correct.

I lost a big bet on corner kicks.
My winning corner was in injury time and the ref blew for time up without allowing the corner to be taken.

Apparently it’s corners taken and not corners awarded, which I think is fucking shite.
Technically he didn’t even award it, just blew for time up when it crossed the line.
Fucking gutted so I was.

Exact same happened to me a few years back when Man City went to Arsenal. Man City player was running over to take corner and whistle went.

this annoyed the hell outta me that night, KDB clearly took a shot from the corner and he clawed it out with nobody near him, even McManaman on commentary said it was a clear attempt at scoring

I hate Skybet

I had this also, and another bet for four players (him included to have a shot on target). I wasn’t expecting them to pay out but they were so blatantly shots I thought I had a chance.

I never followed up, just came on FF and ranted.

A poster here then said his first goal scorer bet got settled as a loser because the lad scored from a corner.

Last edited:
Good luck with that, fùcking scum behaviour from the bookie.

I had one recently in which I found out blocked shots don't count, can't remember exactly what the bet was.

Guy shoots from outside the box and a defender blocks it dead centre if the goal bht that's NOT a shot on target?
Tbf mate, no they are not. They ain’t counted as shots on target in the statistics so realistically I wouldn’t expect the bookies to pay out.

Very poor firm customer service wise, amazed how big they’ve got myself but they do tend to cater for the real casual punter so it’s silly bets at poor prices that are laid.

I don’t think all this stuff should be allowed myself, too many variables to all this shots on target etc... betting. I would hate to have to deal with all that day in day out as a layer, it’s beyond me why people choose to bet on it really.

The first shot was onside, the keeper saved it, the follow up shot was ruled offside.

OP is saying Skybet never counted either shot, when the first shot was onside.

Right, apologies to the OP then as I misread that. They've certainly got a point then. I don't know what source Skybet use to result their shots on target. Could be Opta or whoscored.com.

The OP should probably determine their resulting source and see whether the player who struck the initial shot is counted by that resulting source.

Has the same bet mate. Was clearly trying to catch the keeper out at his near post with a shot direct from both corners.

What a load of crap:

Match Day Statistics
We work our hardest to make sure our stats tally with what is happening in the game. However, sometimes it’s just not possible to get this right instantly. Therefore, we would only recommend using them as a guide.

We partner with Opta to provide our stats and as Opta continually strive to make their own statistics as accurate as possible, they can sometimes go back and make amendments. So while it may appear as a shot on target on our site, this could have since changed.

I am not in favour of banning gambling but all the price boosts, free bet offers and similar promos need to be banned. It's contributing towards gambling addiction which destroys lives. Ban the TV adverts as well.

Tbf mate, no they are not. They ain’t counted as shots on target in the statistics so realistically I wouldn’t expect the bookies to pay out.
If it deflects off the defender and goes in who is credited with the goal and why?

If it deflects off the defender and goes in who is credited with the goal and why?
In your original scenario the ball hasn't reached the target, in your second it has. Also, to your second point it would depend on what direction the ball was travelling.

In your original scenario the ball hasn't reached the target, in your second it has. Also, to your second point it would depend on what direction the ball was travelling.
Novo on helicopter sunday.

It was on target, but the deflection took it by the keeper.
I should qualify that with the deflection taking it by would suddenly mean it wasn't on target. That can't be right.

I haven't read the bookies rule on it, but surely then it should be shots that reach the target?

Last edited:
Most bookies in my experience only tend to pay out on winning bets.

I've had many problems with this in the past.

They tried to do me a few years back. Real Madrid Vs CSKA Moscow. At 1-0 Moscow I put money on over x number of cards. The goalkeeper Akinfeev got booked and sent off within 30 seconds of each other and they tried not to pay out. I sent them a screenshot of the match report from.sky sports which showed Akinfeev as being yellow carded twice meaning 2 cards were shown and not the 1 card that was showing on sky bet app. They promptly paid me out

I had a tenner on the same bet mate. Pretty sure the issue was that Dykes was flagged offside for the first shot as he was directly in front of the keeper. It had just taken to the second shot for the ref to blow the whistle.

What a load of crap:

Match Day Statistics
We work our hardest to make sure our stats tally with what is happening in the game. However, sometimes it’s just not possible to get this right instantly. Therefore, we would only recommend using them as a guide.

We partner with Opta to provide our stats and as Opta continually strive to make their own statistics as accurate as possible, they can sometimes go back and make amendments. So while it may appear as a shot on target on our site, this could have since changed.
Simple answer to that is “I didn’t place my bet with Opta”

Back