Sky Bet not paying out.

Simple answer to that is “I didn’t place my bet with Opta”

They will all say who they settle off to be fair in their rules. Think we use whoscored.com who are Opta anyway.

I have only ever had one bet on this crap, shots on target in a Premier League match one night - hated it, just too many variables.

Read a case recently on another forum where the bet was a striker to have 4 shots on target. He had 3 and scored too but the goal didn’t count as a shot and they refused to pay out. It might not have been Skybet though. I’m sure the player was Lewandowski.
Wtf?! They wouldn’t count a goal as a shot on target?!

So was that free kick there from Digne on target in the Everton match? Hit the bar following a deflection, was on target till the deflection?

What it wasn’t target before the deflection? That to me is a shot on target if a defender stops it.
But when it reaches the ‘target’ it’s hit the bar, which isn’t on target.

Perhaps the wording is wrong but IMO nothing wrong with bookies not paying out on it. I’ve lost bets through it and never been annoyed.

But when it reaches the ‘target’ it’s hit the bar, which isn’t on target.

Perhaps the wording is wrong but IMO nothing wrong with bookies not paying out on it. I’ve lost bets through it and never been annoyed.

That is irrelevant to me, shot is on target and it’s been stopped - I would expect that to count as a shot on target.

Load of shit to me, been betting 25 years and worked in game for 18 now - amazes me people bet on it, worse bet I’ve came across.

That is irrelevant to me, shot is on target and it’s been stopped - I would expect that to count as a shot on target.

Load of shit to me, been betting 25 years and worked in game for 18 now - amazes me people bet on it, worse bet I’ve came across.
Fair play, to me it's fairly reasonable mate. Shot could be rising, could be curling and you can't quantify it being 'on target' unless the keeper saves it or it goes in.

Those betting on it know this.

Don’t think they count things like defenders blocking it on the six years line etc.

Very rarely touch this type of bet but my mate only places these type of bets and heard him moaning a few times. Europa league final he felt Lukakus og should have counted the muppet :))

Don’t think they count things like defenders blocking it on the six years line etc.

Very rarely touch this type of bet but my mate only places these type of bets and heard him moaning a few times. Europa league final he felt Lukakus og should have counted the muppet :))

I have read through it before in rules both for betting myself and paying people out and just all too variable for me. Know a lad who works at Opta and he hates all that, they stick the juniors on for counting it apparently! They are popular bets like, see some great arguments on Twitter - all the young ones seem to do them to me.

Fair play, to me it's fairly reasonable mate. Shot could be rising, could be curling and you can't quantify it being 'on target' unless the keeper saves it or it goes in.

Those betting on it know this.

That’s the thing though, you are presuming people only bet on target - you can also bet under and they give it as on target when a shots going wide yet the keeper makes a save. I’ve seen this for an Ibas case for over £1000. Not worth the hassle, too many variables and potential arguments.

That’s the thing though, you are presuming people only bet on target - you can also bet under and they give it as on target when a shots going wide yet the keeper makes a save. I’ve seen this for an Ibas case for over £1000.
I will be honest mate I never considered that. Seems a daft market when you put it that way.

Proper shysters.
Have an open case with IBAS and hoping to take them for 1k. Should hear very soon. 12/14 weeks it takes to settle and just gone past the 12.
Got an IBAS claim open too because they fucked their term and conditions up about a season being called early. Only 30 quid just doing it because I know the flack any IBAS claim gets them

I simply don’t believe that’s true.
It was on a Millwall fans forum. I’m only passing on what I read but the guy seemed genuinely bemused and angry. It was on a thread with loads of gripes about bookies. I think the bookie may have been Bet365 but I can’t really remember. There was also another horror story on it and I’m racking my brains to recall it. I’ll try to find the thread.

I’ve found it. They refused to pay out due to a slight deflection on the shot. The guy was taking it to the Betting Ajudication Service. The other howler was Paddy Power not paying out a knockout on the Whyte/Povetkin fight which they later backed down on.

I’ve found it. They refused to pay out due to a slight deflection on the shot. The guy was taking it to the Betting Ajudication Service. The other howler was Paddy Power not paying out a knockout on the Whyte/Povetkin fight which they later backed down on.

Which match was it?

Paddy Power one was a funny one, could see both sides but ultimately thought they were in the right.

Won't have been that mate, he scored with a header that went straight in. Doesn't matter anyway, would have had a look if you knew.
I think it’s probably been one of the shots on target have been a deflection rather than the goal he scored.

SO4nTen.gif

Got an IBAS claim open too because they fucked their term and conditions up about a season being called early. Only 30 quid just doing it because I know the flack any IBAS claim gets them

Please keep me posted mate.
My dispute is exactly the same.
I've quoted their pre-season 'outright league winners' terms. It's as clear as day to me.

Just hoping it goes my way

sky bet had a price boost on the Coventry v QPR game, both teams to have 2 shots on target each half, apparently QPR had a shot on goal which would have been the 2nd shot which was saved and then the follow up shot (3rd) was ruled offside, I've seen on twitter others say the other bookies have paid out but sky bet not, does this sort of thing happen a lot, I don't bet a lot but seen this bet and had an account I hadn't used for ages so put £5 on the bet.
Was it the same guy who hit both these shots who was offside? Because if he’s offside neither count and the bets not up unfortunately. Technically the play stops from when he’s offside so those shots aren’t in play.

If the feeling is that they are always trying to screw people on the overs, is the best approach not to bet on the unders?

Was always a Skybet fan, but their odds have become increasingly unfriendly.
3-2 Rangers was a usual bet on mine, and they were always top 3 for best odds.
Today they are 22/1 got 33s on Betfair.:mad:
Bastards they are.:eek:
Still took my free £5 bet on the Chelsea v Liverpool game.:cool:

Since I started the thread to moan about sky bet, thought I share this, I don't bet often and if I do it's one or two pound on football, I decided I wasn't going to use the site again and was going to delete the app, seen someone give a tip on a horse on twitter, before going to delete the app I opened it and a £10 free bet was sitting so decided to put it on the twitter tip (I seriously know nothing about horse racing) anyway just checked and horse won, got £30 for my £10 free bet

Back