Sky: Scottish Premiership and Championship clubs asked by JRG to review procedures and protocols

Celtic boss Neil Lennon has criticised some clubs for the size of facilities during away games; Lennon said there was no social distancing at the game at Hamilton on Boxing Day while players were "crammed into a little dressing room" at St Johnstone; both clubs denied those allegations
Wednesday 20 January 2021 19:38, UK

The Joint Response Group (JRG) has asked all Scottish Premiership and Championship clubs to conduct a review of all stadium and club operational procedures and protocols.
The request comes days after Celtic manager Neil Lennon criticised some clubs for the size of facilities during certain away games.
eyJpdSI6IjA0MGRiODk2NDgyMWRlNzgxODZiZTRkNzZjMGFiNzA2MGM5YTNlMzZjOTY4YmRlZTUxMjVhZjEwMWU1YzNjY2YiLCJ3Ijo5MCwiaCI6MjAsImQiOjIuMCwiY3MiOjAsImYiOjJ9.png

Lennon said his team were "cramped in like sardines" at some matches, adding there was no social distancing at the game at Hamilton on Boxing Day while players were "crammed into a little dressing room" at St Johnstone too.

However, both those clubs denied those allegations and added they met all requirements.
Among a lengthy list of information requested, clubs are being asked to send the JRG plans of the home, away and referee's changing rooms for match days.

That includes the dimensions of each room, the position of each changing station, the position and size of screens and dividers, the position of doors and the position of ventilating windows.

Clubs have also been asked to provide the dimensions of other rooms used by players and coaches - including meeting spaces - and for stadiums using showers, clubs need to include the dimensions of the shower room, the position of shower heads, the position of drains and the position of doors and windows.

Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell has written to all 10 Scottish Championship clubs asking if they want their season to continue or if they want the league to be suspended.
All Scottish football below the top two tiers has been suspended along with the Scottish Cup due to increased cases of Covid-19 with Championship clubs contacted on Friday to see if they wish to continue with the 2020-21 campaign.
Hearts currently lead the table as they look to make an immediate return to the Scottish Premiership, with Dunfermline second and Dundee third.

A scatter gun approach designed to look like strong leadership but hitting every one in the leagues bar the scum.

I would have thought the SFA would have to sign off on protocols and periodically check them at all clubs, if not attend all games? Can't see a scenario where a club is suddenly found to have been flouting rules all season.
It could be something as easy as having the space to social distance but not enforcing it . Guess that would be a breach

Surely they already have this information at hand from the clubs in the first place.

I'd love the 11 teams in the Premiership to issue a joint statement telling the JRG and Lennon to go take a fĂşck to themselves.

Its nothing to worry about. Every team bar them are obeying all rules as evidenced by very little mass out breaks.

You will always get one or two cases

Exactly. It seems it is only the scum that are not following rules properly, every other club keeping infections to a bare minimum.

It's political cover for them to start going after TLB for his rambling nonsense.

If everyone is compliant, the bigot is getting both barrels from the Scottish Government in the near future.

The untouchables. By the way, where's Claire?
There has to be a clear out at the grossly corrupt spfl, it just cannot continue.

Surely they already have this information at hand from the clubs in the first place.

I'd love the 11 teams in the Premiership to issue a joint statement telling the JRG and Lennon to go take a fĂşck to themselves.
I like that idea, just wondering how the statement would go. B-D

Hopefully this riles up other clubs to throw their strongest team out against Celtic and go for the throat. Not like Livi needed to do that tonight but still.

Are the JRG reviewing the boozing mentally challenged players in Dubai in the Sports Bar with no social distancing or masks or the ones at the pool ?

mentally challengeds kicking up and the JRG respond

About time other clubs demanded to know what the JRG are doing about the clear Covid protocol breaches that Lennon and Kennedy have already admitted

You have to laugh. TLB moans about safety of players as dressing rooms, allegedly, not big enough but he's happy to throw his slavver covered snus bags everywhere. Clatty bastard

So what, it’s just them covering their backside. Enjoy tonight. They are not getting null and void. Fact.
To issue something like this so soon after Lennon’s outburst smacks of giving it credibility.

He should have been hit with a charge.

Maxwell wrote to Championship clubs on the basis of comments from a single manager who admitted to having mental problems because of the Covid situation. He also initially tried to dismiss Sturgeon’s not so subtle request for an inquiry into Dubai.

At the moment I don’t believe Maxwell, Mulraney and Doncaster can get football stopped but I really wouldn’t put anything past them.

Last edited:
All because of that gub Lennon , he’s been at it for years and still they are dancing to his tune. He’d cause a row in an empty hoose . A professional shit stirrer,a wrong un , can’t wait to see the back of him . Why why why do the powers that be bend over backwards for this troublemaker ?

How come the JRG are the ones to have made the covid rules, take the lead in all covid compliance and have been the ones to sanction clubs in the past. Remember the very public hallabaloo over them 'demanding answers' from Rangers over alleged incomplete tests before a DUtd game or some crap, that came to nothing and we never heard about it again?

So where are they now, when it's not made up bs?

How come now, all of a sudden, it's the SFA compliance officer that is responsible for their covid breaches? But everyone else it seems to have been the JRG?

They are going to try everything to get football stopped are they? This is really bad news for us but no unexpected from that bunch of grassing pricks.

They can null and void it all they phuckin like.

Everyone knows who the champions are and my fireworks will still be going off.

Then I'm down to George Square.

They can null and void it all they phuckin like.

Everyone knows who the champions are and my fireworks will still be going off.

Then I'm down to George Square.
Everybody knows Celtic were awarded the league by zoom call.thats why we need to win the league on the pitch.

The response is easy - No-one complained about the facilities at the time.

If the authorities want a review, it is up to them to define a standard that the clubs can use

We could do a lot worse than create a wee pr stunt of our own here, try to get a more positive spin on things. Maybe free tickets( for whenever we get back in)/ signed shirts for nhs staff or a video of players thanking key workers, fans who havent being well talking about how much the footballs kept them going. Ok it's a drop in the ocean but this and assuming our protocols are bang on makes us the good guys in the narrative.

Back