Sky Speculating that women’s coach Emma Hayes could take over from Sarri

2vvngw9.jpg
I knew someone would get there before me.
Classic Sunday night telly.

Can see Lampard getting it.

Chelsea are gonna have a rough few seasons and the only way to keep support and the fans happy is Lampard in charge. They’ll never turn against him if results are likely poor.

There's nothing to say a woman can't be a great football coach one day, I don't really buy into the theory that a woman can't gain the respect of a bunch of guys as there are plenty of male dominated workforces successfully managed by women. One of the best managers I've had in my career was a woman.

I think for her to be accepted though, she needs to follow the same path as most other young managers and work her way up through the mens game. She doesn't have the experience to manage a Championship side yet never mind a team that expects to be around the top 4 in the EPL.

We used to laugh at Americans and the way American Football was was played (analysis/ stop start etc).....’soccer’ has now totally embraced this approach to tactical preparation.

My issue with the female pundits is that the ones we have seen so far aren’t bringing anything new to the party..... and this low and high block patter is really annoying

Woman may be better at the man management side...

I can see this happening. Chelsea have gone through a lot of internal restructuring and reorganisation lately partly to distance themselves from the perception people have of their fans. Appointing a female manager would show them to be a very progressive, modern club.

It would show them to be f*cking stupid

Appointed her as the manager and the assistant manager walked away and didn’t she end up being rattled from one of the team? Christ I can’t mind at all
I wasn’t an avid watcher lol
Think I started watching it after she left although she may have comeback

It won't happen no way would a female command a dressing room full of multi millionaire footballers with big egos and it would be a disaster.

To be fair, Mourinho has failed to command dressing rooms like that for the last while, so who knows, with the backing of the management structure, the right club and the right woman, it might just work.

Back