Sky sports are a disgrace

Their coverage is really poor - aside from the antagonism towards Rangers, they are very focussed on fouls, on offsides, on dissent, on flashpoints rather than pieces of skill, great passes.

It’s little wonder that folk down south think the SPFL is a pub league when one of the main partners providing televised coverage focuses on all the negatives and ignores the positives.

I complained a few years ago to Sky regarding Walker after an unprovoked anti Rangers attack which had me fuming (we also lost which didn't help). Sky came back and basically said he is a very good co-commentator with experience of the Scottish game and he is also impartial (Impartial!!). There are definitely people above him that hate us just as much but not sure how we can target these guys?
I complained about racism by Walker against Alfie after the last Old Firm game. Got the same thing, telling me about his coaching badges or playing history. Not sure what that has to do with being a prejudiced cnut?

What's the email address for complaints m8?
Not butting on but I have complained but can’t find the complaints emails now.The only one I can find is about Michael Stewart and I got no reply.So probably the wrong email.The ones I did send about Crocker and Walker I’ve deleted.

I complained about racism by Walker against Alfie after the last Old Firm game. Got the same thing, telling me about his coaching badges or playing history. Not sure what that has to do with being a prejudiced cnut?
Yeah, the people above him are protecting him because they have the same views.

For anyone asking here is the email address to complain about anything that has been broadcasted viewerR@sky.uk
Copy in kick it out. When you look at the difference in very similar incidents with Alfie and McGregor. And also the treatment that Brown, Vigurs, Gogic etc dont receive then the only possible explanation is racism

info@kickitout.org

Last night was disgusting

I thought the referee had perfectly good views of both incidents and made the correct decisions in both cases. No clear and obvious errors there.

I agree but if everybody is clamouring for Alfredo to get sent off for his incident then McGregor should be getting the same.

Morelos is clearly looking at the ball and there is no malice intended at all. The ball was already out of play when Mcgregor decided to ragdoll Kamara to the deck and then (accidently?) stand on him which is why I think his was worse.

can just imagine some Sky employee being told "look up Wikipedia and find out his playing history"

"how can you have a go at the lad? he played and scored goals for Bolton and Ayr Utd?" :rolleyes: the easy explanation is he doesn't cost a lot to Sky for a contract and it's not as if the SPL is a concern of theirs considering they probably care more about women's netball and golf for all that PR that Comcast love so much

It's hard to defend Alfie but crocker never fucked up the whole night
Spot on. It is a red, fair doos but they never shut up about it the whole game. Not the same focus on D.McG on Kamara.
Definitely no chance of a balanced commentary with these 2 whankers. I dare say they were pandering to the 200000 tims watching and praying.
Listen to Crocker's tone at the final whistle, he is hurting badly - which is lovely.

I'd hazard a guess there was a camera on Alfie for every minute of the game and somebody in control booth letting Walker/Crocker know if he even looked the wrong way at a Hibs player. It's all they have left since their team absolutely imploded at the first sign of real competition.

So when does the beast of a compliance officer rise from her crypt?
My wife, who is usually a lot more impartial than me, thought it warranted a yellow but couldn’t believe how much they went on about it, but she thinks it over and done with, I’ve bet her that Kler will suddenly appear for the first time this year and ban Alfredo (who needs his baws booting).

walker and crocker are verging on racism.
making a mountain out of morelos "stamp" on porteous yet totally ignoring mcgregor "stamp" on kamara.
the irony of sky having a documentary with micah richards about racism in football.

Just sent this to Sky will keep all posted.

It saddens me in this day to make this complaint about Mr Crocker and Mr Walker on sky sports.
On recent Rangers vs Hibs game on 27/1/21 an incident involving Alfredo Morelos of Rangers and Porteous of Hibs took place in the first few minutes ,but instead of giving there opinion on this and moving on they both kept bringing the incident up during the whole 90 mins of the match.

This is not the first time they have singled the man out and it's now out of hand and is constant every time Morelos plays, it has to be addressed, as it is looking like ,either there bigoted, racist or whatever there reasons are it has become personal against him.

I am a Sky customer of many years and I do not pay Sky for this kind of behaviour from so called professional pundits as it does not happen in any football matches which i have watched seems to be only Rangers.

I hope you look seriously at this incident and inform me of the outcome, as if nothing done against these two after this disgraceful performance i will be cancelling my Sky subscription when it ends.

Thanks @Tailwind

------ Original Message --------
Subject: Complaint Re: Sky Scottish Football Commentators
Sent: Thursday, 28 January 2021 10:05
To: ViewerR@sky.uk
CC:

The commentators/presenters on Sky Sports Main Event for the Hibernian v Rangers game re-played the Porteous-Morelos incident frequently and repeatedly "called for a Red Card". The McGreggor-Kamara incident was almost the same, but they made no comment on the severity of McGreggor's "challenge" on Kamara. They made no comment on the Porteous challenge on Jack where on replay Porteous' both feet raised, studs showing, could clearly be seen at knee level or higher. They made no comment as to whether it was possible porteous slipped and couldn't help it, or whether the referee missed it..... only when it is a Rangers player making a challenge, do they comment.

Copy in kick it out. When you look at the difference in very similar incidents with Alfie and McGregor. And also the treatment that Brown, Vigurs, Gogic etc dont receive then the only possible explanation is racism

info@kickitout.org

Last night was disgusting
This and this again, you can only draw one conclusion, when Brown , McGregor are ignored, even if it isnt true, tell a lie often enough, you know the rest.

I can't provide his email as I work for sky but I'm currently speaking to the guy in charge of Scottish football coverage and have put the points over about double standards in the way our games coverage is handled and made it clear peoples thoughts on here and how they are alienating scotlands biggest fan base and are potentially going to lose customers.

Makes me happy knowing they will have to sit in our stadium and watch Alfie lift the league trophy the pain they will have will be a joy to think about.

walker and crocker are verging on racism.
making a mountain out of morelos "stamp" on porteous yet totally ignoring mcgregor "stamp" on kamara.
the irony of sky having a documentary with micah richards about racism in football.
I commented about the Richards racism documentary and their BLM campaign being lip service in my complaint to Ofcom/Kick it out.

Just sent this to Sky will keep all posted.

It saddens me in this day to make this complaint about Mr Crocker and Mr Walker on sky sports.
On recent Rangers vs Hibs game on 27/1/21 an incident involving Alfredo Morelos of Rangers and Porteous of Hibs took place in the first few minutes ,but instead of giving there opinion on this and moving on they both kept bringing the incident up during the whole 90 mins of the match.

This is not the first time they have singled the man out and it's now out of hand and is constant every time Morelos plays, it has to be addressed, as it is looking like ,either there bigoted, racist or whatever there reasons are it has become personal against him.

I am a Sky customer of many years and I do not pay Sky for this kind of behaviour from so called professional pundits as it does not happen in any football matches which i have watched seems to be only Rangers.

I hope you look seriously at this incident and inform me of the outcome, as if nothing done against these two after this disgraceful performance i will be cancelling my Sky subscription when it ends.
Great letter.

Well done Tommy. The more the better. It is disgusting.

Thanks @Tailwind

------ Original Message --------
Subject: Complaint Re: Sky Scottish Football Commentators
Sent: Thursday, 28 January 2021 10:05
To: ViewerR@sky.uk
CC:

The commentators/presenters on Sky Sports Main Event for the Hibernian v Rangers game re-played the Porteous-Morelos incident frequently and repeatedly "called for a Red Card". The McGreggor-Kamara incident was almost the same, but they made no comment on the severity of McGreggor's "challenge" on Kamara. They made no comment on the Porteous challenge on Jack where on replay Porteous' both feet raised, studs showing, could clearly be seen at knee level or higher. They made no comment as to whether it was possible porteous slipped and couldn't help it, or whether the referee missed it..... only when it is a Rangers player making a challenge, do they comment.
Nice one. Same as I said to Tommy, only if enough people contact them will anything change.

This and this again, you can only draw one conclusion, when Brown , McGregor are ignored, even if it isnt true, tell a lie often enough, you know the rest.
The league is littered with players who play on the edge; Brown, Porteous, Gogic, Vigurs, Imrie to name a few. The only one who gets this treatment is a black Colombian who plays for Rangers. Disgusting,

I can't provide his email as I work for sky but I'm currently speaking to the guy in charge of Scottish football coverage and have put the points over about double standards in the way our games coverage is handled and made it clear peoples thoughts on here and how they are alienating scotlands biggest fan base and are potentially going to lose customers.
Outstanding work Number8. Cant be an easy thing to do when you are inside the company. I congratulate you on your stand and thank you for bringing this forward on Rangers/Morelos behalf.

Outstanding.

Hopefully being an employee they won't just try and brush it off with walkers coaching badges.
FYI, this was their original reply to me 9n Jan 4:

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding our commentators.

At Sky, we choose our co-commentators for their experience, knowledge and their ability to provide immediate insight into what is happening during games.
As a co-commentator, we ask Andy to give a fair and balanced opinion on every match we cover, and we believe he does that. It would be impossible for both sets of fans to agree with Andy on every incident, but it’s this debate and difference of opinion that makes the game so interesting.
Andy Walker is hugely experienced, having played international, European, Scottish and English football. He also holds ‘A’licensed coaching badges, meaning he is uniquely qualified to comment on the tactical aspects of the game.
Thanks for taking the time to express your views. These have been noted and passed to Sky Sports.
Once again, thanks for taking the time to contact Sky.
Kind regards

Gordon
Viewer Relations"

As I said before, your qualifications in a field have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you hold prejudiced, racist views. I could be the worlds foremost pianist, scientist or lumberjack and still be a racist, xenophobic, bigoted piece of shit.

Skill, experience or intelligence does not necessarily have anything to do with whether or not you hold prejudiced opinions. Which that pair of cnuts clearly do.

Good man Number8.

My current Sky Package is up and I can get an excellent/ cheaper VM deal through the Defence Discount Service, so I’ll be on the phone tomorrow to cancel my full Sky TV, BB & Phone package.

They’ll be be getting told the reason for my leaving is fully down to the blatantly biased reporting standards of Crocker and Wanker when a match involves Rangers FC.

you can tell them they have lost me again m8, impartial commentators I dont think so and i am fucked if i am going to pay to LISTEN to that pish.. sky cancelled 30 mins ago WATP. and good work btw

Alfie’s was no different to Darren “ you know where you’re putting your foot” McGregors’.
Nor was it anywhere near as bad as Griffiths against Hamilton .

I hope our title clincher will be at Ibrox, and broadcast by RTV only.

Fucked if I'm having my ears assaulted by the combined gurning and teeth gritted musings of that pair of yahoo fuckpigs, on what should be a hugely memorable occasion.

I still can’t believe that Sky interviewer guy thought it right to ask MacGregor about the Morelos incident but failed to take him to task about his own incident with Kamara.
Talk about balance reporting!
it is Luke to be honest, he's probably been crying all season with what he's had to witness

or is he a "Partick Thistle fan" or something? :rolleyes:

They are trying to devalue the player.
Most working in media in Scotland hate Rangers and everything we stand for.
We've no power in this shithole and they know it.

Croaker needs to go, the whole Sky commentary team for the SPL needs overhauled, he brings nothing to the actual enjoyment of the coverage say compared to the EPL experience when watched( sometimes).
Everything Scottish seems to have a massive chip on its shoulder these days, hasn’t always been like this has it?

Back