Sky Sports December Advert

ThePieWasNiceAndTender

Official Ticketer
I have just seen the Sky Sports TV advert for December showing all the upcoming sports for next month, there is not 1 clip or mention of the Scottish Premiership, it obviously shows the English Prem, the EFL and even the Carabao cup!! They were so desperate as well to get the coverage removed from BT who I thought were doing an excellent job.
Is it just me or does that not really piss you off!!

They have probably got a separate one for Scotland that we will see before a Scottish game.

Calm down OP :))

If there was an Old Firm game they’d feature it.

Not sure what Scottish fixtures they have in December but outwith OF games they don’t give a toss.

Not worth getting upset about but see your point - Sky simply don’t care.

I have just seen the Sky Sports TV advert for December showing all the upcoming sports for next month, there is not 1 clip or mention of the Scottish Premiership, it obviously shows the English Prem, the EFL and even the Carabao cup!! They were so desperate as well to get the coverage removed from BT who I thought were doing an excellent job.
This or listening to Sutton and Michael Stewart.

I’d take mr blobby and sooty and sweep on punditry duties over those to.

Did notice this the other day.
Not pissed off as its expected from sky, scottish football means nothing to them, its just a cheap time/air filler.
The wish is to somehow get control of our own TV deals, but don't see that happening anytime soon!

If there was an Old Firm game they’d feature it.

Not sure what Scottish fixtures they have in December but outwith OF games they don’t give a toss.

Not worth getting upset about but see your point - Sky simply don’t care.

Women's golf, darts and cricket were also featured - yes I agree they DGAF

With the exception of Old Firm games there is very little interest in Scottish football outside our own supporters.

I live in England. When people ask me about Rangers they all know that Gerrard is our manager, but outside the real football anoraks they would struggle to name more than a couple of our players.

Were they really desperate to remove BT? if memory serves BT didn’t really want to retain the games and put in a really low offer.

Let’s stop being delusional out side scotland there is very little interest in our league
Sky understands their revenue income stream and we play a very small part in it

ve5U0Iz.gif

People in England - understandably - don't give a f.uck about Scottish football.

Some will tune in now and again for a game with us v them, if it doesn't clash with another TV game. But other than that there is no interest. It is quite rightly seen as a diddy set up.

Let’s stop being delusional out side scotland there is very little interest in our league
Sky understands their revenue income stream and we play a very small part in it

I am living in Scotland watching an advert and they dont even highlight the coverage, I obviously understand we are a small part of their offerings, but if we cant even compete to get a mention along with woman's golf, it just highlights loudly the disdain it has to its own customers

Doesn't piss me off. Ditched Sky a while ago for a full-fat RangersTV subscription and feel much better for having done so.

Don't give my hard earned to either them or BT. There are more creative ways in this world to watch our team.

we're on 3 times in December - Ross County, Dundee Hibs away and Hibs at home, the only other two games I think is Kilmarnock V the sheep on the 19th and Hamilton V scum on Boxing Day. Maybe it's because they only have one game on the channel? if the game against them had fallen in December, it would have almost certainly have got mentioned

just don't get what Sky's hardness for women's sport is though, I'd rather watch some tiddlywinks than women's golf, cricket or football. They do realise that the majority of people who pay for subscriptions to sports channels are male don't they?

Back