Sky sports news

I stopped watching after they got rid of Kirsty Gallacher and Natalie Sawyer.. Although, Hayley McQueen is a delight on the eyes

It’s horrific to watch these days in all honesty.It was always my default background channel if I was browsing FF,Twitter,the internet etc but now it’s jusy constant political,BLM,pride nonsense.

I realise these issues can overlap into sport and I’ve no problem with campaigns and the odd political piece but it’s went well beyond the pale now to the extent they attempt to shoe-horn this stuff into absolutely everything.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if they replaced Jeff Steling with Owen Jones next season..

It is so dumbed down and woke it's not worth bothering with now.Surely they must see the viewing figures and realise something is wrong now

The show fell on it's arse years ago same repetitive crap repeated every hour add in the odd interview/cricket update and boom rinse and repeat.

There was no exclusives with it I mean you can get all your sports updates elsewhere instantly and quicker.

Axing certain female presenters and ditching the main Soccer Saturday panel was effectively the last straw for many.

It's shite now back in the day I never had it off.

Here's one that was never cleared up the sudden and questionable axing of Natalie Sawyer why ?

Something sinister about the whole affair.

Here's one that was never cleared up the sudden and questionable axing of Natalie Sawyer why ?

Something sinister about the whole affair.
Apparently she wanted to do more presenting of football games outwith her role at SSN plus she was looking more money but her contract was up so for Sky it was an easy way out for them to bin her.

Outwith her natural charms Natalie is a decent presenter and she does the breakfast show at the weekends on talksport.

You misread my post mate.

I have no idea who the guy is and no idea why his opinion on football matters.

Thank god I don't pay Sky for the pleasure to listen to no marks talk about football.
I wasnt having a ho mate, agree with everything you say.

When sky came about, these guys jumped on the bandwagon just to further their profiles. These celebrity types didnt want to know about football until it became trendy. Even more ridiculous that they're now meant to be experts.

When it was in its hey day 10 plus years ago when Sky Sports News said something was a done deal it was.

I used to watch it most nights when there was nothing on but it deteriorated into dealing with rumours, transfer deadline day nonesense and non stories

I’ve not watched it in years now. Binned Sky and the sports channels where the reason, only had them for it and they are shite now.

I pay for other services online and use VPN’s for all games.

I also hate them for destroying Planet Football.

I don't care if a person is gay,Black or both,when I turn it to the sports channel to get away from that crap and away from politics,it seems a hundred times worse,that if you're not banging those particular drums that your odd,or out of touch. All I want is sports news,no politics or agendas and it gets to a point where it's just so sickeningly PC that it goes back to the proper news channels.

The problem isn’t sky sports news but sky sports in general

ridiculous amount of adverts

Seemingly ever declining rights to sports

Presenters and reporters continuously downgraded

Sky Sports News has become a bit of a joke in recent years, probably because people would rather listen to sports podcasts than the same stories being told time and again over a 24 hour period, so they most likely don't need to be paying what they used to pay "experienced" presenters. However, when it come to the sports rights, I just think they have chosen to focus on the stuff that people regularly watch and makes money through advertising, like football and golf.

Kate Abdo presents boxing for one of the American channels ( Dazn ? ) and she is still a joy to watch

Haven't watched it in over a year but if it is anything like the BBC Euros coverage it won't be missed. All of the new presenters are absolute garbage, there for predictable reasons.

Their goose was cooked when streaming US/Bein coverage for free became easier than putting the telly on.

It is so dumbed down and woke it's not worth bothering with now.Surely they must see the viewing figures and realise something is wrong now
There's actually an opportunity in the market for someone like GB news to start their own sports show and take over.
Whether they'll think it's worth the hassle and investment with online fan led media becoming so popular however is another matter.

Back