Sky sports news

I switched it on yesteday for the first time in months when the Billy Gilmour news was breaking. I can't believe that Rob Wotton guy is still around. He's one of the worst reporters I've ever seen. He was interviewing Souness who at one point had to ask him three times to clarify his question because he was just dribbling shite.
I’ve said this for years. Rob Wotton is the worst presenter on TV, doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.

The Football Show that’s on every morning is so obviously scripted it’s embarrassing.

Who the fuk is Chelcee Grimes?

And why is she even on SSN talking about football?

Whats the point?

Just get anyone literally anyone on to talk shite for 5 minutes doesn't even matter if you have anything to do with football anymore.

That's it for me I'm done with it.

She’s a (poor) broadcaster and singer songwriter.

She’s also a female footballer whose career started off ok but fell off a cliff.

She makes her money writing for music acts essentially

I just wish they'd concentrate on sports news rather than looking at all the stories in the morning and picking one that allows political debate or social debate

apart from the new deal they've signed (which is probably the reason) I have no idea why they fill the channel with women's football as well, do they really think women are rampaging in the morning to put SSN on their Sky box? I really doubt it

Skysports has become an under invested aged platform in many ways. The app is really dated, its now lost Matchroom, and the pay per view boxing to DAZN as a subscription service other than some top rank fights majority of which no one will give a shit about.

The football is archaic, they need to change the commentators north of the border, walker and cocker are horrific. Compared to Clive and McCoist at times it was night and day behind.

Feck me, if RTV can do it sky can.

Seems to be 20 minutes of shite chat on the left of the screen with a third of the screen advertising equality blm whatever on the left, then 5 minutes of adverts it is rubbish.

I used to sit or do stuff about the house with this on all day but now after a few minutes it’s unwatchable. As it’s been said nothing else like this on so no competition or alternative makes the content even worse

Mark Wedderburn is one of the worst as every morning he has an agenda to stir something with BLM.
When Spurs appointed Ryan Mason as temp Boss he actually suggested "Is this Racist because Ledley King didn't get the Role?"
That's just part of it as many have said above. The presenters are hopeless,only their to tick a box and not based on ability or knowledge while they bring on London Bloggers and YouTubers to discuss things always with a racial undertone.
It used to be great and I'd have it on all day but its too Political now spouting Left Wing Propoganda when it should focus on Sport only

Agreed. I still love Soccer Saturday right enough, they’re generally excellent. Love when you get the occasional perfect combo of Jeff Stelling, Chris Kamara and Super Ally on it.

They got rid of the chebtastic, beautiful Natalie Sawyer, that's when it all started to go downhill!!
Bring back the Chebs oh shit think out aloud, I am so sorry I mean the wonderful talented presenter.
I am now reporting myself to the WOKE culture society and will take my appropriate retaining.

" they can silence me but I still have my imagination."

Feel a bit of a hypocrite here,because I detest sly sports and sly news,I mean really detest them,I hate their liberal right on woke slant on every news/sports story,and gave up watching both channels a long time ago.BUT their skyq system is the dogs bollocks,it really is fantastic,far superior to anything else out there,and frankly would be lost without it.

I’ve noticed it’s starting to stick its nose into things outside football ie George Ford stuff, virtue signaling it’s terrible so scared to leave a box unticked very sad to see always been my “background “ channel when kicking about the house

The people who sell sport view the majority of their customer base - the white bit - as racist and in need of re-educating.

Oh, and I want Natalie Sawyer’s jugs back
Do they report on sport any more, or just run social justice campaigns?

Dont worry, the self appointed conscience of follow follow will be along soon to call us racist for not enjoying SSN any more.

It's not really a sports channel these days and it seems to be on a 30 minute loop. There was once a time it would be on my TV all day. Can't remember the last time I had it on.
Not watched it in over a year now to be fair

Same as you

Doesn't serve the purpose it used to - i.e bringing me sports news

Think it’s fine myself. Enjoyed listening to Ryan Jack earlier.
Mark Wright isn’t terrible, has the face for tv and is an actual professional footballer.

Scotland have qualified for the Euros so there’s obviously going to be slightly cringy things on it.

People do love a whine about quite literally everything don’t they??
Seems so

Standard of something has dropped significantly. People highlight the standard of said thing they used to enjoy has dropped significantly.

And bizarrely others come on to whine about people pointing this out.

So I agree. Plenty of people on here will whine about anything these days. ;)

There was a new girl on there at the weekend who was absolutely terrible. I thought she was on work experience.
to give SSN some slack, the one on the ITV4 coverage of the Scotland game the other night sounded like she had came from CBeebies or something

even next to Brown, she was awful :D

I’ve noticed it’s starting to stick its nose into things outside football ie George Ford stuff, virtue signaling it’s terrible so scared to leave a box unticked very sad to see always been my “background “ channel when kicking about the house
Who, the England rugby union player? ;)

It has went very politically opinionated. all I really want is Sports news..
Same when I watch a sporting event

Would love a channel to come out and just focus on the sport.

Just show a football, rugby, tennis match and talk about the sporting contest.

I'm not saying those who love their agenda driven politics shouldn't still have access to that with the sport as a side show. They continue to do that on sky, BBC etc.

But for many of us, sport is entertainment, sport is an escape from daily life, sport is fun. So have just 1 channel that does sport shows just about the sport. Tell me who won, tell me who is linked and signing, have knowledgeable pros and former pros who can explain to me the tactics and why one team or player is doing what to an opponent.

And keep all the politically driven stuff on another channel for those who are more interested in that than the actual sporting contest

I don't see why they can't provide for genuine sports fans. Its a real shame we don't get that any more.

It’s nearly finished as a channel

Far too political and woke as some have said

‘we see’
‘we hear’
‘we commit’

%^*& off. Patronising pish

Skysports has become an under invested aged platform in many ways. The app is really dated, its now lost Matchroom, and the pay per view boxing to DAZN as a subscription service other than some top rank fights majority of which no one will give a shit about.

The football is archaic, they need to change the commentators north of the border, walker and cocker are horrific. Compared to Clive and McCoist at times it was night and day behind.

Feck me, if RTV can do it sky can.
Coisty and clive are the best by a country mile.

Sam matterface obviously learned his trade reading Roy of the rovers.

SSN is well past its peak now. 10-15 years ago it was an absolute powerhouse of a channel.

Now its the football equivalent of "E!" with a sprinkle of wokeyness.

It's gone the same way as Soccer AM really.
Couldn't imagine Lovejoy with the soccerettes these days.

It was essential viewing back then.

Back