Sky sports on Tierney

Read somewhere else that Arsenal were interested in a CH from St Etienne but weren’t spunking their budget as they were asking for 30m. If that’s the case, they aren’t spending 25m on Tierney.

The press bum their players up something rotten. From pretty much his first game they had Dembele labelled a £30m player. Whereas anytime Tav or Morelos are mentioned it's £8m tops.

Never seen such a boak inducing article for a player that was Injured for 6 months last season

'Why do Arsenal want Tierney?'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11747986

Napoli now interested. Tav must be worth £40m in this guys world

Whilst we’d be looking at a good fee for Tav, surely people realise Tav’s 28 soon and Tierneys just turned 22, that alone will put his value above Tav’s.

Until we start winning leagues and playing in the champions league we won’t get big money for players. Also You have to remember the current perception of rangers is one of a club who is currently on the way back from financial ruin . There is no way clubs are going to give us big money when they think we are still skint

Only ever see him when playing Vs us which must be a mere 3/4 times in the past 2 years, good going forward and has pace to defend which are all decent attributes for a modern full back. Let's not kid ourselves on however that he's poor, a dirty rebel scum bastard yes but poor player no

Until we start winning leagues and playing in the champions league we won’t get big money for players. Also You have to remember the current perception of rangers is one of a club who is currently on the way back from financial ruin . There is no way clubs are going to give us big money when they think we are still skint
Champions League the key words there, that's the Barometer used to get big English transfer fees

Really hope mummy’s boy goes him Forrest and McGregor are the scums best players.

He’s a good player who very much has age on his side. I’m not sure why people get so worked up trying to pretend otherwise.

I think people are pushing back at the extreme over exaggeration of his ability by downplaying it.

In this article alone:

– Tierney is as good as Robertson but better at defending
– He is to Celtic what Gerrard is to Liverpool, that kind of icon o_O

Saw a photo of them on their training camp today and Tierney is sitting in the dugout alongside Lemon. Injured again, I assume (or should that be 'still).

Can't wait until we are cannon fodder in the CL. That's what they are.

Tierney has played in a team that has been absolutely fucked every time they have taken to the field in the CL.

The reason and the only reason they get high valuation of players is because they have a compliant media bumming them up from all directions.

Don't let them tell you any otherwise.

if you play in the champions league, you have an extra value, it's just the way it is, the fact that you weren't very good, and teams actually targeted you,doesn't seem to have a bearing on your profile,,,now tierney is not a bad player and they will certainly be weaker without him,,but I really think he will get found out at epl level,,,with his injuries last year you can see them dying to get rid with his value still inflated,,personally I hope he fails his medical, goes back to them ;breaks down and his value will go to fu@k,,,

E
We just dont do the self promotion thing, it works for those feckers nobody can tell me otherwise. Its an area we lack in, we need our ex players to talk us up and talk our players up at every turn, we need to catch up in my opinion
Exactly. Tav is a much, much more effective full back than Tierney. We need to do more self promotion of our players and talk them up to the ridiculous levels that other mob do. Granted, they do have the Scottish media to help them with that.

He is a good player who along with McGregor and Naeneck thrived under Brendan Rodgers ,will regress rapidly once ‘Lenny’ starts throwing him and his fellow young players under the bus after bad results.

I haven't seen it mentioned, but I think the Robertson angle is really boosting Tierney's value.
Scottish left-backs who like to get forward. Not much between them according to their Scotland selection. Robertson came from a much lower level in Scotland and is excelling with Liverpool. If a player wit a like background and assumed skill set can now be worth what Robertson's supposedly worth (70m), what could Tierney be worth.

I'm not saying I agree with the viewpoint, but it wouldn't be the first-time an English team pissed away a transfer fee on a flyer.

The thing that surprises me is that Tierney's injury history is not being highlighted more.

According to talksport Arsenal only have £45 million to spend so no f..king way are they going to spend it on that CANT i bet they have probably bid 5 million.

Read somewhere else that Arsenal were interested in a CH from St Etienne but weren’t spunking their budget as they were asking for 30m. If that’s the case, they aren’t spending 25m on Tierney.
I pray to god they don’t. Tierney is worth a tenth of what Scumtc want.

Jim Duffy on radio scotland said rangers would get around 6 million for tav.that wouldn’t even come close to getting a club to the table

There is no way that wee prick is good enough to be strutting about the Emirates. Brighton or Southampton perhaps. Even that is debatable.

He’s a good player who very much has age on his side. I’m not sure why people get so worked up trying to pretend otherwise.
Most on here admit he is a good player. We just reckon he isn't worth 25 mill plus he has a rising amount of injury time to take into account.

Was it? All the stuff on Sky Sports says the usual 'Sky Sports understands' and then, importantly, says 'as reported elsewhere Arsenal have had a bid rejected'. Has anywhere reputable actually confirmed any bid? By 'reputable' I mean a source outside of Scotland.
Yep, David Ornstein, bbc. Arguably the most ITK arsenal journo there is. I was initially suspect too but that pretty much confirms it's legit.

Saw this on the Guardian football site today. I've never seen this sort of description on there before; it doesn't fit their usual style:

Unai Emery sees Tierney as an excellent fit because of his pace, energy and attack-mindedness, not to mention his capacity to play at left wing-back, too. Tierney is a solid defender, who likes to bring his team forward with his dribbling ability, and the hope at Arsenal would be that he can make the same sort of impact in the Premier League as another Scottish left-back – Liverpool’s Andrew Robertson

He got into the CL team a couple of seasons ago even though they were embarrassed repeatedly, denying he is a good player is silly mate.

Not silly at all its an honest appraisal of what I think of him, you seem to really rate him I can accept that.

That is basically a sales prospectus planted by a very friendly ally to generate interest - on what happens to be the biggest sports media platform in world football.

Clever marketing - either someone bites or his retention is hailed as a coup.

Answers the question posted yesterday about Sky's promotion of all things Celtic.

Yep, David Ornstein, bbc. Arguably the most ITK arsenal journo there is. I was initially suspect too but that pretty much confirms it's legit.

It would, I agree. I note his article also confirms he - and more importantly Arsenal - has no idea about Tierney's injury problems, with reference only to 'a hernia problem'. I hope they have a good Doctor to do their medicals LOL.

Can't wait until we are cannon fodder in the CL. That's what they are.

Tierney has played in a team that has been absolutely fucked every time they have taken to the field in the CL.

The reason and the only reason they get high valuation of players is because they have a compliant media bumming them up from all directions.

Don't let them tell you any otherwise.

Do you honestly think the owners of the clubs in England take their transfer advice from the daily record and Hugh keevins

I'm old to remember our 9 in a row title run and 10 games unbeaten in the Champions League. The Scottish tabloids had the Peasants players worth more than ours even back then.

Roger Hannah the mentally challenged lady's front bottom saying chilwell to Manu for 45 million so what's tierney worth:) moon man

Back