Sky Sports Pick Your Combined OF Starting 11 - Sunday

That’s my line up as well. Tempting to say Roofe for Aribo but Roofe for me is a box player and is better suited when we have teams penned in.

I think this will be more open and the fact they close down with multiple players quickly, Joe has it more in his locker to take it by 2 or 3 pressing players more so than Roofe does, and that’s all it takes to beat their press and leave them wide open.

The only other option for me is going more of a 2 up top with Morelos and Roofe occupying both CB, leaving Morelos 1 on 1 with whatever CB is marking him. He would have a field day if he was on his game.

That’s my line up as well. Tempting to say Roofe for Aribo but Roofe for me is a box player and is better suited when we have teams penned in.

I think this will be more open and the fact they close down with multiple players quickly, Joe has it more in his locker to take it by 2 or 3 pressing players more so than Roofe does, and that’s all it takes to beat their press and leave them wide open.

The only other option for me is going more of a 2 up top with Morelos and Roofe occupying both CB, leaving Morelos 1 on 1 with whatever CB is marking him. He would have a field day if he was on his game.
Yeah I like the idea of having 2 v 2 vrs their CH’s but I’d go with Kent & Buf up the middle.

I think Gio will alter between both systems throughout the game.

Totally agree on Roofe.

As we have again seen recently, when the games being played in & around the box, that’s where his best talents are shown SB.

Dundee & even a very open last 20 minutes in Belgrade illustrate it.

Totally agree on Roofe.

As we have again seen recently, when the games being played in & around the box, that’s where his best talents are shown SB.

Yep. Roofe is the man to pick up any scraps from Morelos. He's been pretty direct in his last couple of appearances. Not afraid to mix it either. I feel that Aribo has been struggling and maybe needs a break.

Back 5 picks itself

——-lundstrum ——Jack———

Kamara——-Ramsay ——-kent

—————Morelos ———-

Press the %^*& out of them they will make mistakes all over the backline

Kamara is a curve ball wide right however he will be able to protect tav

Totally agree on Roofe.

Who would your line up be Grigo?

Would take Juranovic over Bassey, McGregor over Lundstram, and on current form probably have Roofe in over Aribo. Agree with the rest.

Would take Juranovic over Bassey, McGregor over Lundstram, and on current form probably have Roofe in over Aribo. Agree with the rest.
Personally I wouldn't trade Bassey - provides so many runs up the wing, never stops running. Has completely earned his spot weekly now imo. Always glad to see him starting, always get 110%

Personally I wouldn't trade Bassey - provides so many runs up the wing, never stops running. Has completely earned his spot weekly now imo. Always glad to see him starting, always get 110%
He's impressed me with how much he's improved from last season but I still think he's got a bit to go before I'll be secure about his spot in the team, feel Juranovic is a more complete player at the moment defensively.

As you say those Bassey's attitude is always spot on though, glad we've got him.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey

Jack Lundstram

Roofe Aribo Kent

Morelos

I think that’s the starting line up.
I would be more accepting of this than seeing Aribo on the right of the three, although still would prefer Ramsey to be starting.

Gio is more likely to play this though and completely dampen my morning

McGregor

Jack Kamara

Arfield Aribo Kent

Morelos.

On the basis that Lionel Messi wouldn’t be good enough for a ‘combined’ XI after donning their rag, I will go for…

Shagger
Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey
Jack
Lundstram
Arfield
Kent
Morelos
Aribo

I would be more accepting of this than seeing Aribo on the right of the three, although still would prefer Ramsey to be starting.

Gio is more likely to play this though and completely dampen my morning

McGregor

Jack Kamara

Arfield Aribo Kent

Morelos.
Lundstram will be a certain starter. He and Jack give strength and stability that the team needs.

I’ll be amazed if they don’t start.

I’d take Hatate and Kyogo btw.

Not sure where I would fit them in but they are talented, thought I would probably take Giakoumakis aswell but after having to make the effort of googling and then copying his name across there I am out.

Lundstram will be a certain starter. He and Jack give strength and stability that the team needs.

I’ll be amazed if they don’t start.
Always prepare yourself to be amazed on mornings like Sunday regarding lineups. My favourite of recent years was when Gerrard dropped Morelos for Defoe and we got beat 2-0 at Ibrox with Defoe being completely ineffective

Always prepare yourself to be amazed on mornings like Sunday regarding lineups. My favourite of recent years was when Gerrard dropped Morelos for Defoe and we got beat 2-0 at Ibrox with Defoe being completely ineffective
I think GVB knew he got it wrong in first half. Second half he changed and we were a lot stronger.

Barisic, Diallo, Kamara will not start, he needs men to stand up.

Balogun, Jack, Lundstram all have fight in them. Also See him treating it like a European game and Lundstram can slot into a 3 if required.

I think GVB knew he got it wrong in first half. Second half he changed and we were a lot stronger.

Barisic, Diallo, Kamara will not start, he needs men to stand up.

Balogun, Jack, Lundstram all have fight in them. Also See him treating it like a European game and Lundstram can slot into a 3 if required.
Hopefully. As bad as it sounds I don’t trust Gio’s judgement a lot of the time. An unfortunate thing to say but I find myself truly miffed at a lot of his substitutions during games or complete lack of in some cases

Back