Sky Sports - Rangers agree fee for Colak

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we need now is a quality right winger to get the ball to him in the box.

I know Tav can do that, but now's the time for someone else to share that load.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the RW is more of a Solbakken type, who can come narrow & get a decent goal tally too ?

Gives Tav his chances to get forward too ?

2022-06-29-12-03-25.jpg

2022-06-29-12-13-54.jpg

Last edited:
Who is he similar in style to from our recent past? Jelavic, Prso hopefully? Or more of a Velicka type?

No idea about style. I'll leave that to the experts

I thought our model was to buy young players ?
It is.

All in the last couple of weeks...

Zak Lovelace from Millwall - "The forward will trade The Den for Ibrox this summer after months of speculation. Having made his Championship debut at the age of 15, coming off the bench against Coventry in December, Lovelace is a player who boasts real potential and his acquisition represents a smart piece of business. ROCKY MCMILLAN has seen enough young players - from those with two left feet to England internationalists - to know when a kid has the ability and the mentality to make it to the top of the game. When the chairman of Glebe FC watched Zak Lovelace, it wasn't just his physical stature that made him stand out. The striker has something special and McMillan is not surprised to see him tipped for the highest level."

Cammy Cooper from Partick Thistle - "RANGERS have secured the services of another top talent from a Championship club. Partick Thistle have confirmed that Cammy Cooper has joined the Ibrox club for an undisclosed fee."

Kieron Willox from Inverness CT - "RANGERS have signed up highly-rated Inverness star Kieron Willox. The Championship club confirmed the move this afternoon."

Lancelot Pollard from Aberdeen - "Aberdeen youngster Lancelot Pollard signs for Rangers after interest from across the border. The Europa League finalists beat Manchester United and Liverpool to the signature of Dons academy star Lancelot Pollard who was a mainstay in the U18s last season."

I think Colak will be an excellent signing for us. He seems to be a very good technical finisher but he is also good in the air and has good link up play.

He is a good age to appreciate how big an opportunity he is getting and will hopefully hit the ground running

Be interesting to see if we use him in a front 2, he takes up similar positions to Morelos so not sure they would compliment each other

Well, last time he played at Ibrox he scored two when playing for the away team when they only had ten men.

Even if not first choice for us, I would imagine he'll bang a fair few in if we have eleven on the park and he has the Ibrox crowd behind him.

If he's up to much in the air, he could fair fill his boots with our full backs swinging crosses in.

It is.

Zak Lovelace from Millwall - "The forward will trade The Den for Ibrox this summer after months of speculation. Having made his Championship debut at the age of 15, coming off the bench against Coventry in December, Lovelace is a player who boasts real potential and his acquisition represents a smart piece of business. ROCKY MCMILLAN has seen enough young players - from those with two left feet to England internationalists - to know when a kid has the ability and the mentality to make it to the top of the game. When the chairman of Glebe FC watched Zak Lovelace, it wasn't just his physical stature that made him stand out. The striker has something special and McMillan is not surprised to see him tipped for the highest level."

Cammy Cooper from Partick Thistle - "RANGERS have secured the services of another top talent from a Championship club. Partick Thistle have confirmed that Cammy Cooper has joined the Ibrox club for an undisclosed fee."

Kieron Willox from Inverness CT - "RANGERS have signed up highly-rated Inverness star Kieron Willox. The Championship club confirmed the move this afternoon."

Lancelot Pollard from Aberdeen - "Aberdeen youngster Lancelot Pollard signs for Rangers after interest from across the border. The Europa League finalists beat Manchester United and Liverpool to the signature of Dons academy star Lancelot Pollard who was a mainstay in the U18s last season."

Thanks Grommitt.

It looks like Lovelace is a striker, but what positions are the others mate ?

What we need now is a quality right winger to get the ball to him in the box.

I know Tav can do that, but now's the time for someone else to share that load.
What we need is 15-20 goal winger on the rhs who gets in the box

The boy at bodo would be perfect

It is.

I thought it was quite obvious the poster you quoted meant younger players who are signed to go straight into the first team squad

We're singing the player who essentially cost us the Champions League and Gerrard.

Think he'll be fantastic in all honesty

We’re talking about a 28 year old, not some geriatric. This myth that we’re only signing kids now is a curious one.
I know, and I think Colak will be pretty decent for us but there is concern in the fact we are adding another player with little resale value to a squad that is already the oldest in the league. You can’t win a league with a team of 21 year olds but I don’t think anyone has ever advocated for that. A blend is needed but we don’t really have many 24< players. Most of our sellable assets are very soon going to hit an age where you won’t get offers that are really worthwhile entertaining. We have to start signing the next Aribo, the next Morelos, the next Kent.

EDIT: and there is plenty time left in the window for us to do that but it’s just a concern at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back