Sky Sports - Rangers agree fee for Colak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colak gave us more problems than most last season and we played some top teams.

He scored a double and worked his balls off for a team down to 10 men and looked a right handful.

If he can do that to Goldson and Balogun then he will be a very good spfl striker imo.

Folk need to get over the old school view of being close to 30 means you are over the hill.

If he was 32/33 aye, maybe you’d have a point but the way football has changed now with sports science it will be more and more common for peaks in careers to be around 28-32 and retirement age closer to 38

Was watching Peter crouch podcast going through his final Stoke contract. Had some special clause in it because he was 37 and past "normal footballers retirement age of 35"

Folk need to get over the old school view of being close to 30 means you are over the hill.

If he was 32/33 aye, maybe you’d have a point but the way football has changed now with sports science it will be more and more common for peaks in careers to be around 28-32 and retirement age closer to 38
Fair enough. However this guy has no pedigree. The de'Boers and Butch did have it.

Means he’s 28, imo.

Pink boots. Means he’s a gay imo

GettyImages-1237073656-scaled.jpg

Colak gave us more problems than most last season and we played some top teams.

He scored a double and worked his balls off for a team down to 10 men and looked a right handful.

If he can do that to Goldson and Balogun then he will be a very good spfl striker imo.
I think this sums it up perfectly.

We played plenty teams later on in Europe and he looked as good as any of the other 'danger men'.

I don't understand the signing squad player thinking.
Colak surely will be coming here with the attitude that tells him he can be the number 1 striker.
If not, then pass on him.
We play one CF currently, and if Morelos was sold you'd expect him to be replaced. Colak profiles similar to Itten and seems to be his replacement.

We play one CF currently, and if Morelos was sold you'd expect him to be replaced. Colak profiles similar to Itten and seems to be his replacement.
He’s clearly Itten’s replacement in the squad. It looks like we’ve basically spent the money we got for the Swiss on Colak.

I'd imagine he'll be signed up next week.

The video I posted earlier in the thread with the Swedish journalist makes him sound like the type of striker we need and sorely lacked last season, especially when he says he is the type to score goals against teams playing a low block.

I have a large collection of butt-plugs.

Seems like an intelligent hard working guy that appreciates the chance he has been given. I think if we get the deal signed he will be on the pitch every week. Some he will start others he will finish. Five subs now will see much more rotation of the forwards and midfield than ever before.

Saw pictures of Colack earlier with no top on people will be surprised he’s mussely like a brick outhouse I think ideal for our game clearly looks after himself

Saw pictures of Colack earlier with no top on people will be surprised he’s mussely like a brick outhouse I think ideal for our game clearly looks after himself

The Swedish journalist in the video earlier in the thread said he has a 'body like a Greek god'.

Definitely one for the ladies

I don't get the excitement either tbh, but you have to view him as an Itten replacement and possibly a better goalscorer.
I think, if we get him in, he will prove to be more than that.

He looks a more clinical finisher than Itten, granted that's only on viewing his goals.

I just have a feeling in my gut that he would turn out to be a very good signing, of course, I could be wrong,

That's if we ever get him in the door.

I think, if we get him in, he will prove to be more than that.

He looks a more clinical finisher than Itten, granted that's only on viewing his goals.

I just have a feeling in my gut that he would turn out to be a very good signing, of course, I could be wrong,

That's if we ever get him in the door.
Yeh, he can be an Itten replacement and do that job far better than Itten did though. Itten wasn't trusted to come on for Morelos for example, almost ever. Itten failed to offer much of an aerial threat and didn't tempt the manager to go with two up front. Colak might do all those things.

Only reason it's hard to be sure is that his good seasons have been in leagues of a similar or worse level than the one Itten had a great season in, and so far the steps up a level haven't worked out.

Yeh, he can be an Itten replacement and do that job far better than Itten did though. Itten wasn't trusted to come on for Morelos for example, almost ever. Itten failed to offer much of an aerial threat and didn't tempt the manager to go with two up front. Colak might do all those things.

Only reason it's hard to be sure is that his good seasons have been in leagues of a similar or worse level than the one Itten had a great season in, and so far the steps up a level haven't worked out.
Not sure if he's played anywhere at a worse level than the Swiss league, but that's subjective, you make some fair points though.

I just fancy him to do well for us, if we ever get the deal over the line.

Sometimes well often the forum goes through a BBC phase of repeat, repeat and repeat?

The guy isn't even here yet and some have him over the hill already have we learned nothing after Lundstram scenario of our making?

How can it be deviated from if it’s never actually done?

Stop looking for an argument where there isn’t one to be had.

The ‘blueprint’ as mentioned in the initial post you quoted has been mentioned numerous times by board members and Ross Wilson. They haven’t been able to implement it thus far which is unfortunate. Did COVID help? Nope. Does a static market help. Nope. But it’s a key pillar in us being dynamic in the market and ultimately becoming self sufficient so it really needs to happen or we are in trouble both on and off the park.

I’m not concerned in us signing Čolak. I actually like the signing but I’m more concerned on the lack of players coming in on a permanent basis who would fit the ‘player trading model’. Where are the next Joe Aribo’s or Calvin Bassey’s? This is supposed to be our model so how do we do it with no players being brought in to develop? The football department is completely stagnant at first team level and has been for two windows.
There can't/ won't be an Aribo, Kamars or a Bassey each close season though. When you think about it, you in need to find them for free or next to feck all. Sign them. Play them for 2, 3 years and improve them. Then sell them at the right time....And you need to be able to do that without dropping the quality and level of your team that needs to try and win competitions at home and in Europe. It's not as easy in reality to implement as it seems on paper.

We need to kick it of at some point though - 100% agree on that.

The top goalscorer in La Liga was 32, Bundesliga 33, Serie A 32, joint top in EPL were 30 and 29. Ligue 1 a younger player topped the scoring charts but second place was a 32 year old.

Have seen quite similar trends in recent years, experience is becoming valuable in the strikers role and the lifespan of a striker is extending beyond just what was their peak years previously.

The top goalscorer in La Liga was 32, Bundesliga 33, Serie A 32, joint top in EPL were 30 and 29. Ligue 1 a younger player topped the scoring charts but second place was a 32 year old.

Have seen quite similar trends in recent years, experience is becoming valuable in the strikers role and the lifespan of a striker is extending beyond just what was their peak years previously.
Aye but he is 29 mate.

PAOK have sourced a replacement, this any closer?
Saw them linked with a right winger rather than a replacement for Colak.

That said, I don't think its sourcing a replacement for Colak that's the hold-up, I think they simply want to appease their fans by announcing his departure and the arrival of a new player (any new player) at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back