Sky Sports - When Rangers nearly conquered Europe.....

We had to go for it in Marseille, but settled for a draw. My biggest regret ever when watching us.
Yes, we tried to defend the Marseille games, both at home and away, only when we went 2 down at Ibrox did we have a go, and I think we also gave them too much respect over in France.

They were some team right enough, but I'd have like to see us rough them up a bit more, and push forward a bit from the beginning.

Yes, we tried to defend the Marseille games, both at home and away, only when we went 2 down at Ibrox did we have a go, and I think we also gave them too much respect over in France.

They were some team right enough, but I'd have like to see us rough them up a bit more, and push forward a bit from the beginning.

Marseille wobbled badly after Durrant scored, and they were on the ropes. We were all screaming at the telly for us to put them to the sword. A wee bit more bravery from us and we would have won that tie.

We had to go for it in Marseille, but settled for a draw. My biggest regret ever when watching us.
When Durranty came running to the bench after scoring, if only Walter had told the team "right lads, I don't care if you lose this 5-1 now, but just go and rattle this mob!", who knows what might have happened?

Marseille wobbled badly after Durrant scored, and they were on the ropes. We were all screaming at the telly for us to put them to the sword. A wee bit more bravery from us and we would have won that tie.
This is what my brother remembers, but he was 11 at the time, watching in Kirkcaldy on BB camp in the tv room!

The only time the 2 tims on the trip got near the table tennis room next door he says!

When Durranty came running to the bench after scoring, if only Walter had told the team "right lads, I don't care if you lose this 5-1 now, but just go and rattle this mob!", who knows what might have happened?

We were gutted when it ended 1-1, as we knew we had missed out on a great chance to reach the Final. That Marseilles team were top class, despite the cheating behind the scenes, but we were as good.

As high a standard as I hold him in, I still believe Goram should have saved Bruges' equaliser at Ibrox and Sauzee's goal in France.

Lewis Capaldi hasn’t aged much

Ek8oJ3yW0AIFQ2m

McCoist should've buried several chances in the last game against CSKA but he stank the place out that night. Who knows, if we'd put a couple away word might've got through to the Marseilles team and got them edgy in their game.

That picture of Gough and McCoist at the end of the CSKA match still breaks my heart.

My favourite season as a Rangers fan, the first one I really remember only being 6 at the time.

Miko against Brugge was the goal/game that cost us as we should've won that game but he done almost an identical mistake the week before to gift hearts a goal at Ibrox.

We only drew in Brugge, but played well enough to have won.

That night in Marseille was when to take it though, Hateley's sending off against Brugge at home cost us, then there's the whole question was he always going to get sent off that night?

Not sure if we'd have scored early in the last game at home that it would've changed anything in Brugge between the other two to be honest.

McCoist should've buried several chances in the last game against CSKA but he stank the place out that night. Who knows, if we'd put a couple away word might've got through to the Marseilles team and got them edgy in their game.

Nothing was making Marseille edgy in Brugge when you look at the Belgians falling over themselves to concede that goal.

Back