Slaven Bilic Interested in the Celtic Job

I couldn’t care less
We are on a sound base with a good squad and plenty young guns ready to step up to the plate
I’m confident going forward and have no fears

I disagree. I’m desperate for them to mess this appointment up. Another Mowbray will do me nicely.

Rafa Benitez is apparently on something like £80k a week. Even if he left Newcastle, he'd have a host of clubs in Italy and Spain, and even England, that would be willing to pay him similar. I don't see how Celtic can afford him.

Bilic doesn't have the best record at club level and would be a huge risk for them. His wages probably wouldn't be cheap either.

I hope they appoint Lennon, I have a feeling they'll look around and then realise they have no time and have to appoint him, but in all honesty if they do appoint a foreigner, it might be an even bigger risk.

They got incredibly lucky with Rodgers last time around, I can't see that happening again. We've seen first hand last season how hard it is to find a decent manager, even with months to do so. Celtic have around 2 months until the CL qualifiers, and would want new signings in the door weeks before that.

If its Davie Moyes he will do a decent job for them certainly better than Neil Lennon..They will be harder to beat , however they will be much more of a defensive team and their support will not take to that .It would not be long before there was tension between him and the support.

You just know Bilic would go full mentally challenged shellick man if he went there

The pumping they took on Sunday from us, coupled with the news report today will ( I would think), put off any potential ‘decent ‘ managers looking in. In fact, you could add players to that as-well.

Agent Moyes at the ready.....the Establishment will ensure that lot get nailed from the inside ;).....it’s his only chance to make his family proud!

Genuinely believe they will be thinking along those lines and therefore not want to give it to no one with a Rangers background.

I’d be happy with that.

Some yahoos are convinced they’re getting Benitez, which I find absolutely hilarious.

Would prefer Lennon got it but this wouldn't worry me.

Any realistic choice will be worse than Rodgers and that's a win in my books

They are fucked next season. #55 is coming home

Don’t really agree with that. Rogers was a half decent coach but didn’t exactly elevate Celtic. He got them playing exactly as they should be given their resources - well ahead of most of Scotland but a bit shit in Europe and challenged by a half decent Aberdeen and us at the start of our resurgence. Many many coaches could do the same job.

Rogers was shit in the transfer market. Really appallingly bad. They are still playing with Deila’s side. TLBR is a much worse human being even than Rogers and sows discontent wherever he is which limits him severely as a coach. But he is better than Rogers at transfers, at least at the cheap end of the market.

If they got a half decent coach who was also competent at transfers then they would be better off than they have been recently.

Still think Gerrard will have the measure of them though.
I'd disagree with this. He won them 100 % of the trophies he entered domestically and qualified for the CL twice as well as the europa league knockouts. Pretty much, the only way is down for them. Which is nice.

Given the recent other news about this mob tonight I’d doubt any top notch coach would touch them with a barge pole. Neil Lennon though could maybe be had for a price.
Ironic that our biggest summer signing might be that knob for them.

Latest text going about;

Just been told Rafael Benitez will sign 3 year deal after cup final superb
To say standards have slipped since Lenny took charge would be an understatement, by all accounts Jack Nayler (Head of Sports Science) has been appalled by the way Lenny has treated the philosophy that was in place, so much so that Nayler and Lennon don't even correspond with each other anymore. I think Nayler will be heading to Leicester anyway come the Summer right enough.

Players are now having a multitude of off days like they weren't having before, even on the days after a match all the players would be at Lennoxtown, with the players that started the match having a recovery session whilst the other squad players would train well. This week, after the victory against Aberdeen, Lennon let the players choose between heading to Dublin for a piss up, or having a few days somewhere of their choosing, so after a three day piss up, the players were all told to turn up to Lennoxtown on Wednesday morning for a half day training session, before going to Stevie Chalmers funeral. Full training then commenced on Thursday and Friday, no fucking wonder we were jaded as %^*& in the game.

Can anyone confirm the training part?

Latest text going about;

To say standards have slipped since Lenny took charge would be an understatement, by all accounts Jack Nayler (Head of Sports Science) has been appalled by the way Lenny has treated the philosophy that was in place, so much so that Nayler and Lennon don't even correspond with each other anymore. I think Nayler will be heading to Leicester anyway come the Summer right enough.

Players are now having a multitude of off days like they weren't having before, even on the days after a match all the players would be at Lennoxtown, with the players that started the match having a recovery session whilst the other squad players would train well. This week, after the victory against Aberdeen, Lennon let the players choose between heading to Dublin for a piss up, or having a few days somewhere of their choosing, so after a three day piss up, the players were all told to turn up to Lennoxtown on Wednesday morning for a half day training session, before going to Stevie Chalmers funeral. Full training then commenced on Thursday and Friday, no fucking wonder we were jaded as %^*& in the game.

I’d file this under online shite! Another good excuse I see. Just like when they all had the shits cause we contaminated their water!

Latest text going about;

That’s one helluva text message for someone to type out !

Latest text going about;

I stopped reading after the first line. Complete fantasy.

Reactions: VGM
They would have surely just given it to him by now though?
If Lennon is the man the board will be waiting for a suitable time to announce it getting your arse handed to you in and an Old Firm and then announcing him as permanant manager will go down like a lead balloon

If he takes a look at msm today he will be staying well clear of they paedo harbouring cu*ts.
The timing of this hitting the msm couldn't be worse for celtc as they look for a new manager. Which is, well, rather nice. Anyone looking at that job or being pursued by the club would have to be put off by that surely?

While Bilic wouldn't exactly install fear i think he would be a half decent appointment for an SPL club.

Rafa Benitez is on about £4m a year plus commands a pretty decent transfer budget.

Also said he will give it until 30th June to sort his future out if it's not already sorted with Newcastle. I'm sure the bheggars will want some thing done by then. Plus, they can't afford Rafa Benitez and given the current press and situation they are in, why would any man want to take on a role at a club that was at the centre of a paedophile ring?

He wanted the job when we needed a manager a year ago and we hired a managerial rookie. Says it all tbh!
If I remember correctly, he was quoted as saying something along the lines of that he would walk to Glasgow if either us or the beasts offered him a job. That was back when he was managing Croatia and was viewed as a promising young manager. Since then, he has done nothing to make me want him as our manager, so I'd be perfectly OK with him taking over from TLB.

Benitez - Excellent manager, would be a great coup for them but extremely unlikely to say the least.

Moyes - proven that he can compete at EPL level with a stuffy, hard to beat Everton side. He is on the way down, and you have to ask would he even want the job considering his background and all that is happening right now. He is a competent manager, like a better McInnes, and I would prefer if he did not get the job.

These are the only two manager named so far that I would not want them to get. Anyone else is either not good enough, or a high risk appointment.

The cup final will be a huge game on regards to their future manager. Lose and Lennon is gone, win and there is a very high chance he will remain.

Benitez - Excellent manager, would be a great coup for them but extremely unlikely to say the least.

Moyes - proven that he can compete at EPL level with a stuffy, hard to beat Everton side. He is on the way down, and you have to ask would he even want the job considering his background and all that is happening right now. He is a competent manager, like a better McInnes, and I would prefer if he did not get the job.

These are the only two manager named so far that I would not want them to get. Anyone else is either not good enough, or a high risk appointment.

The cup final will be a huge game on regards to their future manager. Lose and Lennon is gone, win and there is a very high chance he will remain.

Let's face it, Hearts have about a 1% chance of beating them! I can't understand why they would give him the job based on 'winning' the league and cup. You could've given the job to any random mutant that supports them waiting in the queue for Universal Credit, and they could probably have won both too!

They don't want Lennon in the hot seat. He'd already have the job permanently if they did. Why have the uncertainty and disruption hanging over them if they actually knew they wanted him in place permanently?

He is a fall-back option and they are keeping their options open just now to see who is available in the coming weeks when there will be moves in that market.

Frankly, I'd be very surprised by a Benitez-type appointment - but I did say the same about Rodgers to be fair.

I'd be more inclined to think Moyes from the names listed so far, but wouldn't be worried by him at all. Renowned for driving a defensive, hard-to-beat mentality into his teams which is not what they need nor will they like it.

Bilic, not a worry, can't see it being him anyway.

Latest text going about;

They will never top Operation Tango

They got 7M compo from Leicester - That would pay a decent managers contract but what about the massive transfer budget these dudes require?

Perfect fit. The guys a moon howler, way too highly strung for the Scottish game . Wouldn't last long.

Looks like a lot of money has been going on Rafa Benitez he’s odds on now.
Rafa would want 10s of millions for players. He has spent well over 100mil during his time at Newcastle and wanted more.
Cant see it. Good manager though.

Why would the settle for Billic when they have Jose Mourinho waiting in the wings desperate for the job LOL.

We all know after an extensive search popcorn teeth will be deemed the right man for the job

Back