Slaven Bilic Interested in the Celtic Job

It's going to be Moyes. Was at the Celtic game a few weeks ago then went to watch us the day after.

As much as Ashley is a fat scumbag, does anyone seriously think his ego would allow him to lose a manager to an SPFL side? It's going to be fun watching them riot when they announce Moyes instead.

Even if he is finally fed up with Ashley there’s not a chance Rafa will come to Scotland .

He’ll have his pick of other jobs in the EPL, Serie A or La Liga. I think he’s actually be a great choice for Man Utd but his Liverpool links will stop that happening .

Billic’s reputation still seems to be based off the great Croatia team he had a decade ago. He’s not had much, if any, success at club level.

Notwithstanding his personal salary, what is in it for Rafa Benitez in footballing terms to come to Scotland?

That hits the nail on the head. The answer is not much.

The best Scottish football can get is a rookie manager to learn his trade with a good chance of winning trophies and a manager formerly of a big club, looking to regroup. Benitez will not be coming to Celtic.

Ffs is there any job that bilic isn’t interested in? Is he that fckn desperate he wants to involve himself with that lot? No transfer kitty due to victims payouts. Making sense now why Brenda fcked off!

There hasn't been serious money come in at the bookies for Benitez to Celtic.

The Betfair exchange is showing a grand total of a tenner sitting on the outcome, with twelve against.

Normally if news of something has leaked, that's the first place where traders go and the odds will crash.

I honestly don’t care who the %^*& they get as long as it isn’t Benitez.

Please Newcastle announce he is staying so I can keep enjoying my life.

Even if he is finally fed up with Ashley there’s not a chance Rafa will come to Scotland .

He’ll have his pick of other jobs in the EPL, Serie A or La Liga. I think he’s actually be a great choice for Man Utd but his Liverpool links will stop that happening .

Billic’s reputation still seems to be based off the great Croatia team he had a decade ago. He’s not had much, if any, success at club level.

There have to be jobs available for him in those leagues. Right now the only premier league opening is at Brighton. In serie A its Roma, and in la liga it's likely to be Barcelona who will never in a fucking million years go near Benitez.

It's not as wildly left field as some might suggest. Benitez was happy to stick with Newcastle in the championship.

Pay him the money and he will go there.

Someone assure me their not getting Benitez?
Mate, mate, this must be the sun affecting their brains. ‘If I put my giro on it, he will come’. No he won’t Paddy, he’s one of the top dozen managers in world football, do you really think he fancies sitting in a cow shed in Dingwall this winter?

I heard a story that apparently came from Sean Maloney, that there are currently 3 on a shortlist.

Benitez, Eddie Howe and Steve Clarke.

Obviously being on the list means nothing if the target is not interested.

Benitez is reportedly on £6mil a year at Newcastle and a £5mil bonus each year they're kept in the Prem.

He has already stated he wants to go to a club that has ambitions of challenging for the Champs League but if he is to stay at Newcastle he wants promises that he will be given the resources to challenge the top 6. He's not going to give that up to manage at New Douglas Park and the Tony Macaroni arena next season.

Interviewing Howe, Clarke and Rafa. If none say yes, unsure of the order, Moyes is the fallback. Same Celtic source I have posted about previously but is relatively well connected there.

Interviewing Howe, Clarke and Rafa. If none say yes, unsure of the order, Moyes is the fallback. Same Celtic source I have posted about previously but is relatively well connected there.

I should say, of that lot, Howe worries me most. Rafa won't happen. Howe has a 50% win record and would be the move he would want to increase his profile. Clarke is a dinosaur playing one style of football to suit a clogger team and awful pitch. Moyes would be laughable.

In summary, I hope Howe doesn't get it.

I should say, of that lot, Howe worries me most. Rafa won't happen. Howe has a 50% win record and would be the move he would want to increase his profile. Clarke is a dinosaur playing one style of football to suit a clogger team and awful pitch. Moyes would be laughable.

In summary, I hope Howe doesn't get it.
Why oh why would a manager leave the top league in word football (as proven by the euro finals this season) to manage in the SPL, a 2 horse race? Only reason they got Rodgers is because he was on sabbatical - guys like Benitez and Howe are still operating at the sharp end and coming north would be a huge step down in their CVs. It will be Lennon or Moyes.

I heard a story that apparently came from Sean Maloney, that there are currently 3 on a shortlist.

Benitez, Eddie Howe and Steve Clarke.

Obviously being on the list means nothing if the target is not interested.
As in the former Celtic player, Maloney?

Just wondering how he would know, he’s working with Martinez in Belgium

As in the former Celtic player, Maloney?

Just wondering how he would know, he’s working with Martinez in Belgium

Should have been Shaun not Sean and yes the ex celtic player.

Just passing the information I was given. No idea how he would know. Would hazard a guess he has more contacts inside the game than most.

That hits the nail on the head. The answer is not much.

The best Scottish football can get is a rookie manager to learn his trade with a good chance of winning trophies and a manager formerly of a big club, looking to regroup. Benitez will not be coming to Celtic.
Many said the same about how he wouldn't want to stick around at Newcastle in the championship. And he did. Write nothing off here, they're prepared to absolutely fucking annihilate any and all budget structure to seal the next two league titles. This could be really fucking bad for us.

Many said the same about how he wouldn't want to stick around at Newcastle in the championship. And he did. Write nothing off here, they're prepared to absolutely fucking annihilate any and all budget structure to seal the next two league titles. This could be really fucking bad for us.

Working in England, with budget and incentive to take Newcastle to the EPL is infinite in it's larger appeal than managing Celtic in the SPL I would say.

Unless they pull off the impossible they won't be getti g a new Brenda. As much a s I hate sayi g it he done a great job with them fair enough we were shite but they still achieved alot. But celtic don't have any big managers who want to rebuild their reputation except moyes but he doesn't put the fear into anyone.

At the end of the day though our squads settled and starting to play and look like a Rangers team. Once we add to that with quality they could appoint who ever they want and I'd still be confident we will be the best team in scoand next season. We are now starting to see Gerrards idea and plan of rangers working and if he gets the right players in I would expect us to make a big aim for the table and to advance further in Europe

Working in England, with budget and incentive to take Newcastle to the EPL is infinite in it's larger appeal than managing Celtic in the SPL I would say.
Take the scum to the champions league and have a shot at adding more domestic titles to your cv, or working for Ashley with no budget at all and scrapping relegation every season? What's the incentive there?

Ask yourself the question seriously without the blue tinted specs on. If the filth pay the money, Benitez will be an option for them. Suggesting otherwise is blinkered.

Same crowd that gave it the "Rodgers is shite" chat when in reality he is a competent coach, albeit a fucking weird horrible rhat lady's front bottom

Take the scum to the champions league and have a shot at adding more domestic titles to your cv, or working for Ashley with no budget at all and scrapping relegation every season? What's the incentive there?

Ask yourself the question seriously without the blue tinted specs on. If the filth pay the money, Benitez will be an option for them. Suggesting otherwise is blinkered.

Same crowd that gave it the "Rodgers is shite" chat when in reality he is a competent coach, albeit a fucking weird horrible rhat lady's front bottom

No blue tinted specs mate, never been like that. My opinion is that if given a choice between a footballing backwater or managing in the EPL then he'll take the EPL.

Scottish football is what it is, in the main, an elephants graveyard as such.

So Rafa Benitez is involving himself in an interview process for a job in the SPL?

I'll say that's utter gash.

Hey Rafa, come win the SPL - we've won it the past 8 years. Come win the treble - we've won that the past three years. Come get us in the Champions League group stages....

That's the incentive for Benitez?

Rafa Benitez won't be talking to a anyone until his position at Newcastle is sorted out. He's already said he will hang tight until 30th June.

Hey Rafa, come win the SPL - we've won it the past 8 years. Come win the treble - we've won that the past three years. Come get us in the Champions League group stages....

That's the incentive for Benitez?

Europe / Europa league

Incentive when he was in the championship? Ashley and relegation fodder?

Theres a reason hes not committed to Newcastle. We assume that names and reputations still want to come to us irrespective of what has happened to us, and rightly so. Sadly, the fucking muck still have appeal, and that is guaranteed Europe in one form or another every season.

Write nothing off. Idiocy in doing so.

Europe / Europa league

Incentive when he was in the championship? Ashley and relegation fodder?

Theres a reason hes not committed to Newcastle. We assume that names and reputations still want to come to us irrespective of what has happened to us, and rightly so. Sadly, the fucking muck still have appeal, and that is guaranteed Europe in one form or another every season.

Write nothing off. Idiocy in doing so.

The obvious incentive is the Premiership, the biggest league in the world. He's an internationally renowned manager with options that would also likely guarantee Europe.

If he's frustrated at Newcastle then it will be a whole new level at Parkhead.

The Benitez rumour is up there with 'Nike Thursday' or whatever day of the week it was called.

They would wank themselves into a frenzy over on KDS about supposed deals for big name players, that where all to be announced on the same day.

Needless to say, it never materialised.

The obvious incentive is the Premiership, the biggest league in the world. He's an internationally renowned manager with options that would also likely guarantee Europe.

If he's frustrated at Newcastle then it will be a whole new level at Parkhead.

But we are talking about premier league players coming to play for us, andre gray for example. Same rules apply. Managing muck in England vs managing muck in Scotland plus Europe - if the salary is there then why wouldn't he?

We talk of Ashley being an abhorrent pig, why the %^*& would Benitez hang about and work under him? I say again, theres a reason he hasn't committed to Newcastle yet.

If you think its madness to suggest he might come to Scotland then fair enough, that's your view. Mine is that if the cash is there to line his pockets, he will consider it. This "nae fucking chance" pish is silly though

Apparently Rafa is meeting gravy veins on Friday to discuss a budget for the transfer window, I just can’t see it. They need close to a squad overhaul, Lawwell will be watching the purse, massive wage bill just now, multiple court cases on their way, champs league group stages an absolute must, as I said, can’t see it.

I still think it will be Moyes, Ashley blamed for frustrating the Rafa deal, thanks to Lenny etc. I hope it will be Moyes as well. Howe or Rafa and I would be worried.

Back