Slavia fan reaction from their social media platforms

Slightly disapointing so far, not on par with stick the haggis in the bum hole or whatever it was.

Leicester’s failure to score an away goal likely played a large part in how both teams would approach the second leg. We’re good enough to score away which could determine how the home tie plays out.
Yes, scoring away in Europe is often the key to controlling a tie.
Not always, but it can have a huge influence on tactics and approach.
Leicester's 0-0 became their undoing as soon as they gave away a goal at home.

All the talk of mooses made it feel like the intro to a monty python film and I couldn't take it seriously after that!

"amazing playable opponent, they get it on the bagpipes"

"This season is supposed to be just one big ride, im excited, the best gift for the coach, he wanted them so let them try! Well, the custodians will buy lasso and hunt bikers nicely with them at training, that little colombian fool will be useful for us"

Some of the translations are amazing! :D

As far as "Moose" goes, It translates to Czech as "Los".

I got an email from my friend today saying "Super Los!"

So, I think it means "tie" or "draw".

That is true. I think spurs grossly underestimated Antwerp.

Sparta destroyed the vermin and slavia are are better than Sparta.
Slavia also got pumped 4-1 v Mjytalland in the champions league qualifiers and 3-1 v Hapoel Beer Sheva in their first europa league match this season. They aren’t that good, Leicester underestimated them and played shite. Stevie G and the coaches will be well prepared for this.

Will be a very hard tie.

The fact they won away in Leicester who are top 3 in England is sufficient warning.

Stevie G will do his homework as usual on them and have the players well prepared.

Agree Dave.

Very good team & a 50/50 tie.

I just hope we do ourselves justice in the tie, and will accept the result.

No big name? Only Man Utd and Ajax had a bigger average attendance than us 2019/20. And what’s with the moose ha?

Slavia also got pumped 4-1 v Mjytalland in the champions league qualifiers and 3-1 v Hapoel Beer Sheva in their first europa league match this season. They aren’t that good, Leicester underestimated them and played shite. Stevie G and the coaches will be well prepared for this.
You are misinformed.
They are a good team.

I agree Stevie G will be well prepared for them.

I had absolutely no expectations in Europe after Pedro's disaster in Luxembourg - that almost ruined me - every game we have played I have expected a gubbing. I have been totally overwhelmed by how well Stevie G has guided our players in progressing in Europe over the past three seasons with every win leaving me on a super high.

Last night though I was - and still am - absolutely buzzing about the result/performance and our progress.

I am trying not to let myself get carried away mate - we have a great chance of making it to the Quarter finals of the Europa League........a few years ago that seemed like an eternity away.

I know Slavia have had a couple of poor results but they have had some great results too and I can't forget how Sparta destroyed the vermin.

I am trying to keep the heid here mate.

Should be a cracking tie. Think we have every right to be confident. I actually went to see them play Spurs in the Uefa cup at the old white heart lane the night we put Panathinaikos out the season we reached the final.

Last edited:
Comments of the players and coach on teh official website:

A hard test ahead​

DNES, KLUB
UEL draw reactions from players and the Boss.
Another club from Great Britain is waiting for Slavia in the UEFA Europa League. After beating Leicester City, the Red-whites will face Rangers FC from Scotland. Steven Gerrard’s men haven’t lost a single game in Scottish Premiership and Europa League this season and are 18 points clear on top of the league table which makes them possibly one of the most difficult teams to be drawn against in this stage of the UEL.

Nicolae Stanciu, midfielder​

“Rangers are good team; it will be an important game for us and a hard test. I only regret that no fans will be allowed at the stadium again. There would be a great atmosphere at Eden and in Glasgow too.”

David Zima, defender​

"I expect similar games as those against Leicester. There is a great gap between Rangers and other clubs in the league table, so it will be difficult, and I hope also equal tie. I haven’t been watching the Scottish Premiership much, I can’t say much about the quality of the competition but being 18 points clear on top of it deserves a huge respect.”

Lukáš Provod, midfielder​

“It is not Man United, and I wished for Man United. But Rangers are terrific team too. We will travel to the Great Britain again, which is always a special occasion, so it is still a great draw for me.”

Jan Kuchta, forward​

“We are happy because we will meet another big club. But we want to have it off and we will see if it will be enough. We want to progress to the next round; it is as simple as this.”

Jindřich Trpišovský, manager​

“I am delighted, of course, to play against a Scottish club. Rangers, Steven Gerrard, Ibrox, great history. I wished to be drawn against them, not only because we haven’t been to Scotland so far.”

“I saw one of their games a few weeks ago. Not only their position in the Premiership, but also their European campaign shows that they are the strongest Scottish team in years. They played great European games and they have very interesting players in the offensive.”

Should be a cracking tie. Think we have every right to be confident. I actually went to see them play Spurs in the Uefa cup at the old white heart lane the night we put Panathinaikos out the season we reached the final.
Think you may be a year out.

On 23.10.05 - I went to my first Slavia game

23.10.07 Rangers 0 Barcelona 0. (Dropped out of UCL to UEFA and got to Manchester.
Same night - Arsenal 7 Slavia 0.

I think it was the year before Slavia played Spurs.

That game, IMO, shouldn't have taken place. Both were owned by ENIC. But, as Slavia were the seeded team - Spurs would have been booted out.

(23.10 being my birthday so why it stands out).

Last edited:
He was a good moose...

photo-1572972088770-603ab6fe0f7f

Think you may be a year out.

On 23.10.05 - I went to my first Slavia game

23.10.07 Rangers 0 Barcelona 0. (Dropped out of UCL to UEFA and got to Manchester.
Same night - Arsenal 7 Slavia 0.

I think it was the year before Slavia played Spurs.

That game, IMO, shouldn't have taken place. Both were owned by ENIC. But, as Slavia were the seeded team - Spurs would have been booted out.

(23.10 being my birthday so why it stands out).

Both round of 32 2nd legs were played on 21st Feb 2008. Late Novo equaliser in the earlier kick off in Greece. Both games finished 1-1.

Slavia Prague dropped into the Uefa cup after finishing 3rd in their CL group behind Seville and Arsenal.

Reactions: TNT
I was thinking if we were going to go out then I would have preferred to go out in a more glamorous tie but I actually think we can take them.

They drew 3-3 with some local losers a few weeks back and it prevented my 200/1 acca coming in. A big silly looping header in the 6th minute injury time to lose the lead. For that I hope we fucking destroy them over both legs, polite fans or not.

Both round of 32 2nd legs were played on 21st Feb 2008. Late Novo equaliser in the earlier kick off in Greece. Both games finished 1-1.

Slavia Prague dropped into the Uefa cup after finishing 3rd in their CL group behind Seville and Arsenal.
You are correcThe Arsenal game did stick in my mind. I couldn't remember them play Spurs for what would have been a 2nd time.

As for ENIC - I think that may have had something to do with Radek Cerny being at Spursa. And ayoungster (at the time) Tomas Peckhart

Comments of the players and coach on teh official website:

A hard test ahead​

DNES, KLUB
UEL draw reactions from players and the Boss.
Another club from Great Britain is waiting for Slavia in the UEFA Europa League. After beating Leicester City, the Red-whites will face Rangers FC from Scotland. Steven Gerrard’s men haven’t lost a single game in Scottish Premiership and Europa League this season and are 18 points clear on top of the league table which makes them possibly one of the most difficult teams to be drawn against in this stage of the UEL.

Nicolae Stanciu, midfielder​

“Rangers are good team; it will be an important game for us and a hard test. I only regret that no fans will be allowed at the stadium again. There would be a great atmosphere at Eden and in Glasgow too.”

David Zima, defender​

"I expect similar games as those against Leicester. There is a great gap between Rangers and other clubs in the league table, so it will be difficult, and I hope also equal tie. I haven’t been watching the Scottish Premiership much, I can’t say much about the quality of the competition but being 18 points clear on top of it deserves a huge respect.”

Lukáš Provod, midfielder​

“It is not Man United, and I wished for Man United. But Rangers are terrific team too. We will travel to the Great Britain again, which is always a special occasion, so it is still a great draw for me.”

Jan Kuchta, forward​

“We are happy because we will meet another big club. But we want to have it off and we will see if it will be enough. We want to progress to the next round; it is as simple as this.”

Jindřich Trpišovský, manager​

“I am delighted, of course, to play against a Scottish club. Rangers, Steven Gerrard, Ibrox, great history. I wished to be drawn against them, not only because we haven’t been to Scotland so far.”

“I saw one of their games a few weeks ago. Not only their position in the Premiership, but also their European campaign shows that they are the strongest Scottish team in years. They played great European games and they have very interesting players in the offensive.”
“Not only their position in the Premiership, but also their European campaign shows that they are the strongest Scottish team in years.”

Strongest team in Scotland, in years.

B-D

Back