Slavia Prague just put out Sevilla

bilkobear

After extra time
4-3 on the night 6-5 on aggregate!

Must be a few players there that are worth a look.
Great result.

Brilliant game. I watched it.

Fabulous stuff.

Villareal also into the last 8

Inter papped out as well.

Opening up for Arsenal or Chelsea

Slavia has an excellent midfielder called Tomas Soucek. 23 year old.

Decent scoring record and now a regular for the national team.

Brilliant game. I watched it.

Fabulous stuff.

Villareal also into the last 8

Villareal that the tims said were a poor side when we drew against them home and away. Thev have went further than anyone in celtics supposedly tougher group :D

Watched their home game against Zenit in the group stage and they were comfortably better than anyone we've played this season.

After extra time
4-3 on the night 6-5 on aggregate!

Must be a few players there that are worth a look.
Great result.

Slavia are owned by a Chinese Energy company, they pay top dollar for players and on wages. I highly doubt we are luring a player away from them. Richest side in the Czech League with easy access to European Football. Including an automatic spot in the Champions League for the League Winner.

Slavia are owned by a Chinese Energy company, they pay top dollar for players and on wages. I highly doubt we are luring a player away from them. Richest side in the Czech League with easy access to European Football. Including an automatic spot in the Champions League for the League Winner.
Where is our Chinese Energy company?
Where?
;)

Slavia have a good team - and a good coach.

Could we afford any of their players? Yes, I think we could.

I am a big fan of Deli the centre half. He has a bit of class about him.

The other guy who played centre half and got the first goal - Ngadeu - was supposed to join Fulham in January but fell through. He can play centre half or in midfield.

The players are NOT highly paid. Remember a couple of years ago, they were looking for a new manager. Salary was £16-17k. I am not sure if Czech clubs stand too much in the way of a player if they receive a good opportunity.

Stadiums rarely sell out. Tickets are less than half the price of here. Yet, they have VAR?

The David Luiz lookalike is only 20. And earlier this season was playing with the Hearts superhero Vanecek.

Milan SKoda is getting on a bit now - but still offers a threat.

Czech Rep are at Wembley next week. There's 6 Slavia players in the squad.

4 weeks time I am over - derby weekend. Hopefully Slavia can win the league too.

Slavia have a good team - and a good coach.

Could we afford any of their players? Yes, I think we could.

I am a big fan of Deli the centre half. He has a bit of class about him.

The other guy who played centre half and got the first goal - Ngadeu - was supposed to join Fulham in January but fell through. He can play centre half or in midfield.

The players are NOT highly paid. Remember a couple of years ago, they were looking for a new manager. Salary was £16-17k. I am not sure if Czech clubs stand too much in the way of a player if they receive a good opportunity.

Stadiums rarely sell out. Tickets are less than half the price of here. Yet, they have VAR?

The David Luiz lookalike is only 20. And earlier this season was playing with the Hearts superhero Vanecek.

Milan SKoda is getting on a bit now - but still offers a threat.

Czech Rep are at Wembley next week. There's 6 Slavia players in the squad.

4 weeks time I am over - derby weekend. Hopefully Slavia can win the league too.

That can't be right, surely. :))

(Don't call me surely)

That can't be right, surely. :))

(Don't call me surely)
This was a couple of years ago. But, certainly, nobody would be on any more than, say, £50k per annum.

It's a different cost of living.

The last game I was at in 2017, Slavia had to win to win the league - and qualify for the Champions League. The tickets were............£10!

You can get a pint in the ground for c. £1.50

Have asked my friend just there (who works for Slavia). Some of the foreigners are on over £35k per month. Still less than here I suppose.

Last edited:
This was a couple of years ago. But, certainly, nobody would be on any more than, say, £50k per annum.

It's a different cost of living.

The last game I was at in 2017, Slavia had to win to win the league - and qualify for the Champions League. The tickets were............£10!

You can get a pint in the ground for c. £1.50

You obviously know your stuff about Czech football hopefulky Mark Allen does too.

£1.50 a pint ! I felll for that one at a Scotland game a few years back, had a few pints during the game and only found out after the game it was non alcoholic stuff , at least my night lasted longer than expected !

You obviously know your stuff about Czech football hopefulky Mark Allen does too.

£1.50 a pint ! I felll for that one at a Scotland game a few years back, had a few pints during the game and only found out after the game it was non alcoholic stuff , at least my night lasted longer than expected !

I am going in April for 9th visit. 7th Slavia game.

I don't really drink during the game tbh. Last time, when we won the league, there was too big a queue, it was 30 degrees - so I just got juice. We were comfortably winning - so knew would be celebrations after.

As for Slavia:

They are seen as the "lesser" team in Prague behind Sparta. But, at the moment, are backed by the Chinese money.

They used to be owned by our old friends ENIC. Who left them in the lurch financially.

Their most succesful ever manager was Scottish! A guy called John Madden. He played in Celtic's first ever game. Celtic played them in a friendly fairly recently (0-0).

The ground is Eden - although, it has had various sponsors names. It hosted the Chelsea-Bayern Super Cup final. Easy to get to from city centre. 22 tram.

Some players who have worn the red/white (Bilocerveny) are Rudi Skacel (3 stints), Vladimir Smicer, Patrik Berger and Karel Poborsky - although the last 2 went back to Sparta.

The club anthem is a fine wee tune.......Slavia Bilocerveny (Slavia white and red).

I went to my first game on my 30th birthday/3rd trip to Prague. Been a fan ever since.

Although there are no links with Rangers, I have worn a Gers top to a few games. I know of an old FF poster who has a season ticket there too. And, the last game I went to, Tore Andre Flo's cousin came on as a sub. Per Egil Flo.

A wee video from the club.

Worth a watch. Nice celebrations at the end - including the manager with a microphone.....

Latest posts

Back