Slavia Prague v Rangers

Gerrard ain’t the type to tolerate a load of drunkards around the place.

Sure a couple of beers will have been consumed but most of their antics will have been down to the flow of adrenaline more than booze.

I’m sure the team will have a real hootenanny, deservedly, but it won’t be until the football business is done and dusted.

Our next three games are important for different reasons and then there is the hope for more EL football, a final league game v the tramps and a Scottish Cuo to be won.

All joking aside the team will be ready. Couple of beers on Saturday and doubt any of them will have had anything yesterday.
hahahahahahahahahhahaha

i have no doubt we will be ready for thursday and this success has given the whole squad a taste

treble time lads

All joking aside the team will be ready. Couple of beers on Saturday and doubt any of them will have had anything yesterday.
Emotional high will drain them and then there is travel. I’d have them on double training. Back to reality.

Sure a couple of beers will have been consumed but most of their antics will have been down to the flow of adrenaline more than booze.

I’m sure the team will have a real hootenanny, deservedly, but it won’t be until the football business is done and dusted.

Our next three games are important for different reasons and then there is the hope for more EL football, a final league game v the tramps and a Scottish Cuo to be won.

I seriously hope there is no "hangover" after that high of winning the league

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This has to be satire, right?

The whole team will have been wasted, Stevie probably still hanging in his bed from the day before pmsl!
I don’t think everyone was drinking yesterday

Must have been empty bottles then !

I think a lot of them were getting sprayed about, Roofe, Bassey and a few others were seen to be drinking soft drinks particularly yesterday. 3-4 beers per man isnt going to affect them. My only concern that the adrenaline release from the last 2 days might affect them more than anything. This is not a criticism but it cant be easy just to flip a switch and go again 100% mentally especially after the last 2 days events.
Looking forward to seeing training clips from today, hope the boys are really on it!

I guess you’ve not seen many of the videos regards players mate. Most of them have been spangled last two days.:D

Anyone worried this could have a touch of after the Lord Major Show? I suspect Steven will ensure not

Balogun is suspended - he got a yellow card in the last match which puts him over the threshold. Patterson will start, as he should regardless.

Aribo out for Jack if he's fit. Otherwise same team as Saturday for me. No slight on Aribo but maybe need a bit more dig against a solid attacking outfit

I guess you’ve not seen many of the videos regards players mate. Most of them have been spangled last two days.:D
It's the fans that are rat arsed mate. :D I'm not trusting their judgement.

Anyway, fcuk it. what a weekend!:)

Time to start focussing again on the tasks at hand. Getting through another round or two could boost our seeding in next seasons Champions League qualifiers, or if we go all the way we would get direct entry.

How do we see us lining up? Will Balogun come back in for Patterson? A more defensive (and experienced) back line abroad could make sense, but then Patterson does need to be trusted and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I'd expect to see Arfield back in the midfield three, along with Aribo in the front three alongside Kent and Alfie.

Only caveat would be both Jack and Roofe are back in training and could be pushing for a place - although i'd expect both to start on the bench.
Assuming roofe jack and tav are still injured its Got to be

mcgregor

Patterson goldson helander barasic

davis kamara

aribo morelos kent

could swap hagi and aribos positions

I thought there were a lot of water bottles yesterday. They were spraying champagne but most if not all were not on alcohol - and any alcohol / champagne seemed to be for the back room team.

For Thursday I think Arfield will come in to midfield - the two choices are then Patterson or Balogun and Aribo or Hagi.

I think he’ll go Patterson and Aribo.

Roofe and Jack looked a bit bevvied yesterday but that doesn't really matter as they are injured.

I may be mistaken but from the players who played on Saturday only Morelos and Goldson looked a bit bevvied yesterday maybe McGregor too, lots of the other players like Davis, Hagi, Kent, Kamara and Aribo etc. looked quite sensible and not drunk.
Video on twitter of Macgregor in the back of a motor with Ryan Jack and he can barely wave to fans outside the training ground B-)

Bookies have Slavia favourites on Thursday but us favourites to progress from the tie.

Closest tie of the Round. Think the week off for us between games could be cruicial.

Slavia are perhaps no better than the likes of Benfica, maybe even Antwerp but they are a CL level team in great form and will be a huge test. Hopefully the players have parked the party for a while and are laser focused on these two games as theyre our biggest in many years. A week in between is a great rest and prep so lets get a good result over there and bring it home to bring it home.

After this tie anything would be possible...
They are most certainly better than Antwerp.

Talking about players being blootered and hungover. Remember, "The Team That Drinks Together Wins Together". Richard Gough quote circa 1992-93. It didn't do that great team too much harm! Went on to win a proper 9 in a row.

(Only joking of course, different era).

There might be a few who are refused onti the plane!

I sincerely hope (and do expect) that they won't have overdone it to the detriment of Thursday.

I think a lot of them were getting sprayed about, Roofe, Bassey and a few others were seen to be drinking soft drinks particularly yesterday. 3-4 beers per man isnt going to affect them. My only concern that the adrenaline release from the last 2 days might affect them more than anything. This is not a criticism but it cant be easy just to flip a switch and go again 100% mentally especially after the last 2 days events.
Looking forward to seeing training clips from today, hope the boys are really on it!
Get the adrenaline thing , another way to look at it is the leagues done ,its not still in the background with a game v them to clinch it. Its gone. They know there going into the game a CL team.
Full focus no distractions.

They will be ready. Patterson will start but Balogun might come in for Helander. Slavia are quick and strong so Leon might get the nod ahead of big Fil

Back