Slavia Prague

They can’t believe a team from their glorious PL is being rightfully beaten by what they’d consider cannon fodder.

Reactions: TNT
I had the misfortune of having to listen the first half on Radio Scotland. No commentary just Dick Gordon, Michael Stewart, Charlie Adam and Peter Lovenkrands commenting on what they saw in the TV.

One of the nuggets from Stewart was that of the English teams we would want to avoid Leicester & United. He then said of those two the harder tie would be Brenda's team.

As per usual, he's called this spectacularly wrong.

I only caught about 15 minutes of that game but Slavia looked a decent outfit fighting for everything.

gut feeling was to avoid them

Slavia, in some ways like Rangers are a team who have players who can rotate without affecting the team too much.

The coach is very attack minded. They like to press.

They haven't really missed Soucek or Coufal have they.

Simon Deli (who we were linked with prior to signing Helander) is back there on loan too.

They have produced some great players.

Smicer, Patrik Berger, Poborsky, Rudi Skacel...........Although Berger and Poborsky went back to Sparta.

Prague derby is mental. First one I went to, I wondered why there was a fire engine outside. :)

I went to my first game in 2005. Been a fan since.

Hearts keeper Zdenek "Bobby" Zlamal got the name Bobby from an old Slavia keeper called Frantisek Zlamal - who was nicknamed Bobby as he looked a bit like Bobby Charlton.

However...............they have a stand at Eden named after their longest serving manager. His name was John William "Jake" Madden - and he played in Celtic's first ever game.

That's what happens when you are too arrogant to take the competition seriously.

That's also what happens when your 2nd string are bang average.

Slavia, in some ways like Rangers are a team who have players who can rotate without affecting the team too much.

The coach is very attack minded. They like to press.

They haven't really missed Soucek or Coufal have they.

Simon Deli (who we were linked with prior to signing Helander) is back there on loan too.

They have produced some great players.

Smicer, Patrik Berger, Poborsky, Rudi Skacel...........Although Berger and Poborsky went back to Sparta.

Prague derby is mental. First one I went to, I wondered why there was a fire engine outside. :)

I went to my first game in 2005. Been a fan since.

Hearts keeper Zdenek "Bobby" Zlamal got the name Bobby from an old Slavia keeper called Frantisek Zlamal - who was nicknamed Bobby as he looked a bit like Bobby Charlton.

However...............they have a stand at Eden named after their longest serving manager. His name was John William "Jake" Madden - and he played in Celtic's first ever game.
For Celtic?

The Slavia team fully deserve their win, would I want them in the draw, if I had to choose I think there are other teams we can deal with better than Slavia.

For Celtic?
Yes.

I have met a fellow FFer at a couple of games too. He had/has a season ticket for Slavia.

Not a "special relationship" you would hear much about from Timothy.

I have worn a Rangers shirt to a few games - with no hassle.

When my friend worked in the club shop, she asked me once "What is a strip?" as they had people asking about strips.............Hearts fans when Skacel was there. :)

Back