SLO statement on police removing items from supporters at the stadium.

There was a Rangers security rep at the first pat down search cordon who was telling us not to give them phone chargers as we didn’t have to. The Spanish steward tried to take my sons but the Rangers guy was fantastic and stepped in to make sure he kept it.

Got into the physical stadium, another search, no Rangers security - phone charger gone.

Fair play to the Rangers security guy though, he was geneuinely trying to help the fans.

They took my boys battery charger pack and put it in the bin , then I went through and left me in with mine … CANTS

Took my bag off me and pretty much emptied it. 2 power banks, Bluetooth pods the lot.

But when I went into my bag when i was in the stadium I noticed an envelope with 40 euros missing. I had it 5 minutes before when I tried to buy a hot dog from the shop around the corner.

Is there a possibility I lost in between the shop and security? Maybe a small chance but I doubt it.

I'm suspicious of the arsehole policeman, who emptied everything before I could even see or pass comment. Everything fired straight in a bin beside him.

Boy 2 infront of me got his charger binned. He took mines out the back, then some other police said something to him and he gave me it back, was exactly the same as the one binned. I shouted on the bear and told him, he was running back to get it, hope he didn't get into any hassle

A bunch of humourless c@nts who would much rather smack you over the head than crack a smile or explain what they were telling you to do. A women in front of me had half her handbag thrown in the bin. No conversation or explanation. The police coupled with the disgraceful conditions in the stadium should be enough for UEFA to never hold another major final in Spain.

Copper who searched me by rubbing my arse and balls whilst my 6 year old looked on seemed to enjoy himself!

Reactions: VGM
Took my power bank (even though it was recommended by UEFA) and vape off me.

Absolute pricks, genuinely hate the Spanish police.

UEFA, picking that stadium was an absolute sham. No facilities whatsoever, being handed a cup and told to drink toilet water

Seen a bit of aggro going in myself with the cops being arseholes. Luckily I was with my sister and my young son so they waved us through. That's fine waving someone with a kid through doesn't men you need to treat every adult on their own like a criminal though.

If the police have a problem with back up power packs, and they did as i waa forced to give up mine which was £70. That being the case UEFA should be using actual tickets and not the system they did where people had to make sure their phones had enough power or possibly may not have got entry

Police binned my charger & made me take my shoes off to go through the check point as well.

Taking folks AirPods? Wit?
Guy in front of me in the queue got his AirPods binned. I was shitting it as I had a set in my bag, but the police guy never spotted them.

My powerbank and small sun cream both got binned though, leaving me hardly any battery for rest of trip and cooking in the sun at the start of the game.

Great day until you got 50m from the stadium then it was the usual over policing . Got my charger thrown in the bin without so much as an apology. Stadium wasn’t fit for purpose

I didn't have anything removed but a Spanish cop took my RSC's flag, opened it out and examined it before giving it back to me.

Yet the Frankfurt fans all had flares at the start of the second half...

Editing to say that me and my mate both got in with power banks so it wasn't at every gate.

Last edited:
Beam back stadium was also a disgrace, fans made to empty out water except for really small bottles going in, probably to get you to buy some for the incredibly undermanned kiosks. 2 people to serve a que of about 75 people each. Also saw a male police man give his female college, a bottle of perfume he had confiscated, who then smelled it then stashed it.

Battery pack taken off me and binned by the police going in.
I got in with mine. Security guy asked me what’s in your pocket and showed him phone charger and he said OK, on you go.

Heard some had lighters taken from them as well, but I didn’t. Must have been your Donald Duck on who you got but all bullshit.

Back