SLO statement on police removing items from supporters at the stadium.

We've known for years that the Spanish police are bassas. Just about every time we have played in Spain there are complaints about how heavy handed they are.

UEFA don't care. UEFA is a club for the national FA bigwigs and Spain is an important country in that regard. That's why they get finals. Neither do they give much of a shit about individual clubs. Rangers and Frankfurt can complain until we are blue in the face but nothing will happen.

The idea that our SLO - or Frankfurt's for that matter - could have done anything substantive in Seville is fantasy. The Spanish police don't care and UEFA don't care.

I'm still curious, however, as to how Frankfurt got their TIFO into the ground but we weren't allowed to.

On the walk up to the stadium and in the area leading up to the security cordon, them Spanish cunts were dying for it to kick off, having lived in Spain once upon a time and having dealings with both Police Municipal and Guardia Civil, I can say that both are a shower of liberty taking scum, they have no respect for age, gender, pensioners, disabled, you name it, if it goes off around them everyones getting it.

Can people not track the earphones and see if they are getting used ? I seen the Ukrainians saying they done that with the ones the Russians stole.

Being honest, I’m surprised that UEFA actually allowed power banks in the first place due to their weight as they could easily be used as missiles.

To actually allow them and then confiscate them is indefensible. Absolute no excuse with Air Pods, absolutely nothing wrong with them and expensive.

Fair play to the bears there as I’d probably have been the only fan to get arrested if it had been me :))

We've known for years that the Spanish police are bassas. Just about every time we have played in Spain there are complaints about how heavy handed they are.

UEFA don't care. UEFA is a club for the national FA bigwigs and Spain is an important country in that regard. That's why they get finals. Neither do they give much of a shit about individual clubs. Rangers and Frankfurt can complain until we are blue in the face but nothing will happen.

The idea that our SLO - or Frankfurt's for that matter - could have done anything substantive in Seville is fantasy. The Spanish police don't care and UEFA don't care.

I'm still curious, however, as to how Frankfurt got their TIFO into the ground but we weren't allowed to.
They had plastic sticks on their flags as opposed to our bamboo, is the official line.

Being honest, I’m surprised that UEFA actually allowed power banks in the first place due to their weight as they could easily be used as missiles.

To actually allow them and then confiscate them is indefensible. Absolute no excuse with Air Pods, absolutely nothing wrong with them and expensive.

Fair play to the bears there as I’d probably have been the only fan to get arrested if it had been me :))

If you are wanting to take anything in to use as a missile, an old phone would be heavier and less expensive than many powerbanks.

An old £10 Nokia from the Barras is traceable :) highly unlikely.
And how many people have an old Nokia phone at the football? :))

At the end of the day the subject is power banks and my Anker one is a fair weight. If some cunt hits you with one of them square on the nut - you might not even feel it after the first second.

I said to the robocop binning my goods that they cost a fortune and he just grabbed them out my hands and binned them.

Most aggressive power hungry wanks I've ever encountered.

Even when I was clearly struggling and in depserate need of water it was an aggressive response, almost as if get to f*ck out our road.
Sounds like the prick that dumped my powerbank, threatened to throw my passport in the bin and had a good search of my wallet!

Union Jack was taking from me as I was in the Neutral end power bank and inhaler also taking when I complained threatened to take my passport was also smacked in the leg with a batton just before extra time for complaining about not having water for sale because I didn’t want to drink out of a bogging toilet.

Spanish scum

I must have been lucky I specifically chose a woman who was actually smiling at our fans when searching bags. She didn’t even look at mine. Held it open for her she made the pretence of looking gave me a fist pump and waved me through which is just as well as i had nuraphone ear buds that cost over £200 and I’d have been getting if they’d taken them off me lol.

On the walk up to the stadium and in the area leading up to the security cordon, them Spanish cunts were dying for it to kick off, having lived in Spain once upon a time and having dealings with both Police Municipal and Guardia Civil, I can say that both are a shower of liberty taking scum, they have no respect for age, gender, pensioners, disabled, you name it, if it goes off around them everyones getting it.
They have learned it all down the years from Franco's facists.

It was the inconsistency that really confused me.
My mate had powerbank binned, and I was ok to go in with mines - same guy searching.

Poor lad in front argued and his whole bag was flung away, which had passport inside!

My mate had powerbank binned, and I was ok to go in with mines - same guy searching.

Poor lad in front argued and his whole bag was flung away, which had passport inside!
Absolutely agree with you re the inconsistency.
Everything that was in my bag was allowed into the stadium, including my small power bank and sun cream, although I never had any water with me.

I was allowed in with three small power banks (I'd carried them all for our group of seven), and sun cream in a 100ml bottle. I seen a Frankfurt fan next to me being searched, he had a small tub of what looked like tobacco pouches (I'm guessing). The police took a look inside and binned the lid, but let him in with the tub and pouches, the two of us looked at each other and just shook our heads, none of it made any sense, or showed any consistency. Individual police were making it up as they went along.

They binned my miniature sun creme, my miniature hairbrush, a borrowed power bank, a miniature deodorant, but the worst was they tried to bin prescription medication and only for me pleading for common sense did they let me keep it, bloody idiots.

Interesting to read that UEFA have no direct fan grievance procedure, one of the questions the credit card company ask me in regards to the chargeback was "Had I made contact with the company to try and resolve the issue", the fact they don't have a route to do that should only strengthen any case.

I said to the robocop binning my goods that they cost a fortune and he just grabbed them out my hands and binned them.

Most aggressive power hungry wanks I've ever encountered.

Even when I was clearly struggling and in depserate need of water it was an aggressive response, almost as if get to f*ck out our road.
I told him I needed it to charge my phone as was only on 30%, was planning on just leaving it on charge whilst the game was on. Even got up the post from Rangers saying they were allowed which seemed to anger him more.

Copper didn't like this, binned it and took me to one side for a full body search. At one point told me I wasn't getting in the ground if I didn't hand it over. Spoke to two guys from Rangers who were just sat about saying they couldn't help.

At least he let me keep the cable, thanks for that...

They binned my miniature sun creme, my miniature hairbrush, a borrowed power bank, a miniature deodorant, but the worst was they tried to bin prescription medication and only for me pleading for common sense did they let me keep it, bloody idiots.

They binned my BP pills & Pregabalin.

Luckily I had taken some earlier as a precaution & had more of them on the bus up at the other Stadium - Which is a tale all on its own, what a treck back in Upper 20⁰ heat.

They binned my BP pills & Pregabalin.

Luckily I had taken some earlier as a precaution & had more of them on the bus up at the other Stadium - Which is a tale all on its own, what a treck back in Upper 20⁰ heat.
so thats why you were not hyper :D

Has anyone tried to claim their holiday insurance for the loss of their ear buds or powerbanks?

I know most insurances will ask for a police report. Don't know how easy it would be to get a report a week later and the vast majority of fans now home.

Mass requests for a report if possible would take up quite a bit of their time.

Union Jack was taking from me as I was in the Neutral end power bank and inhaler also taking when I complained threatened to take my passport was also smacked in the leg with a batton just before extra time for complaining about not having water for sale because I didn’t want to drink out of a bogging toilet.

Spanish scum
I've read they took inhalers and also epipens, this is medication how can they excuse taking those things away? Bloody disgraceful

Last edited:
The club could have sent someone down to where the bins were and kept the items that were being tossed in the bin so that people could have claimed them later. Not one rangers official anywhere near the rangers end is staggering. I would guarantee it wouldn’t have been the same at the Frankfurt end
Aye Rangers are gonna cart tens of bins bags fullnof power banks back to Ibrox and have an open day to come and collect them.
Ffs have a word with yourself

Interesting to read that UEFA have no direct fan grievance procedure, one of the questions the credit card company ask me in regards to the chargeback was "Had I made contact with the company to try and resolve the issue", the fact they don't have a route to do that should only strengthen any case.
Raise a complaint with FSE through their feedback form.

Aye Rangers are gonna cart tens of bins bags fullnof power banks back to Ibrox and have an open day to come and collect them.
Ffs have a word with yourself

I wasnt suggesting to take them back to glasgow, merely to arrange an area for items to be stored until after the game. A bit of leadership was all that was required. Instead they were nowhere to be seen as items were being tossed into a bin. A wee bit of a pre planning with organised secure storage like leipzig would have helped massively.

I told him I needed it to charge my phone as was only on 30%, was planning on just leaving it on charge whilst the game was on. Even got up the post from Rangers saying they were allowed which seemed to anger him more.

Copper didn't like this, binned it and took me to one side for a full body search. At one point told me I wasn't getting in the ground if I didn't hand it over. Spoke to two guys from Rangers who were just sat about saying they couldn't help.

At least he let me keep the cable, thanks for that...

To be fair letting us keep the cable was a saving grace as my mate went to a restaurant and asked to charge his phone there.

Otherwise we'd have never found him and been locked out our digs all night, probably missing our flight.

A whole lot of stress added on a night like that, as if the defeat wasn't enough to take, shocking.

I wasnt suggesting to take them back to glasgow, merely to arrange an area for items to be stored until after the game. A bit of leadership was all that was required. Instead they were nowhere to be seen as items were being tossed into a bin. A wee bit of a pre planning with organised secure storage like leipzig would have helped massively.
It was pre arranged thatbpower banks were allowed in. The police reneged. I'm sure they would have backed down cos a guy from Rangers told them :rolleyes:

It was pre arranged thatbpower banks were allowed in. The police reneged. I'm sure they would have backed down cos a guy from Rangers told them :rolleyes:

The goalposts changed which wasnt rangers fault but you then have to deal with the new problem and try to think of a way of helping sort it. Hiding away in the main stand wasnt the answer.

The goalposts changed which wasnt rangers fault but you then have to deal with the new problem and try to think of a way of helping sort it. Hiding away in the main stand wasnt the answer.
I believe a rep did try to intervene and was basically told to gtf by the police.
You seem to have the answers, why didn't you sort it with the local constabulary?

I was annoyed at the police that searched me but sounds like he was nowhere near the worst. Rather than just bin my power bank, he sent me away so gave me a chance to put it down my shorts and try again lol

I believe a rep did try to intervene and was basically told to gtf by the police.
You seem to have the answers, why didn't you sort it with the local constabulary?

i dont have all the answers but from where i was standing last wednesday the pre arranged security trip that rangers sent people out to spain for a week before was a complete waste of time in terms of the supporters who would be going to the stadium. They seemed to do a good job arranging fan zones and another stadium.

It was quite obvious that alot of people would be carrying luggage due to early flights yet nobody at rangers thought about trying to arrange a luggage store for people to safely store belongings.
You then had the fact we had pretty much every member of staff over there yet from what i seen there was little or no representation as fans were being kettled in the stadium then having all their belongings tossed in a bin. If ever there was a time to have visible reps on the ground this was it.

i dont have all the answers but from where i was standing last wednesday the pre arranged security trip that rangers sent people out to spain for a week before was a complete waste of time in terms of the supporters who would be going to the stadium. They seemed to do a good job arranging fan zones and another stadium.

It was quite obvious that alot of people would be carrying luggage due to early flights yet nobody at rangers thought about trying to arrange a luggage store for people to safely store belongings.
You then had the fact we had pretty much every member of staff over there yet from what i seen there was little or no representation as fans were being kettled in the stadium then having all their belongings tossed in a bin. If ever there was a time to have visible reps on the ground this was it.
You seem to be conveniently missing the pre arranged agreement that was in place. Also a backpack not no more than A4 was meant to be allowed. Whether that was case of not i don't know however, as far as I am aware the club had everything in place. That thenpolicce changed their mind isn't down to the club and again the police would have ignored any Rangers official. The club have been guilty of stuffnin the past and I've been a critic but on this occasion I don't know what else they could have done.

There were arranged storage areas with lockers dotted around which makes it all the more infuriating as could and would have used one of these if it had been made clear the list of items pre approved were in actual fact gonna be robbed off us by the authorities

You seem to be conveniently missing the pre arranged agreement that was in place. Also a backpack not no more than A4 was meant to be allowed. Whether that was case of not i don't know however, as far as I am aware the club had everything in place. That thenpolicce changed their mind isn't down to the club and again the police would have ignored any Rangers official. The club have been guilty of stuffnin the past and I've been a critic but on this occasion I don't know what else they could have done.
What happened wasn’t rangers fault. Far from it.

The city of Seville.
Seville fc
Uefa
And the ‘police’

Are all at fault

Beam back stadium was also a disgrace, fans made to empty out water except for really small bottles going in, probably to get you to buy some for the incredibly undermanned kiosks. 2 people to serve a que of about 75 people each. Also saw a male police man give his female college, a bottle of perfume he had confiscated, who then smelled it then stashed it.
My sons got their suntan cream removed

The police at our check point wanted my pal and I to put our power banks in the bin, we said no. There was a bit of talk, and after a minute or so the cops gaffer came over and allowed us through and that was the end of it.
We were in one of the “neutral” areas.

Back