Small club Galatasaray pumped again

TN8

4-2 off some mob I've never even heard of, leaving them down in 13th place and only 6 points above the relegation zone. Remember Fenerbahce in a relegation battle a couple of seasons ago as well. Even now, them and Besiktas are 6th and 7th respectively.

What's happened to these clubs, where has it gone wrong for them? Have a few smaller provincial clubs had big money investment and caught up to them?

Remember going into a kebab shop in London, years ago, and got talking to the guy that was serving. My only knowledge of Turkish football was Souness and Galatasaray. So im pissed and chatting away and talking about Galatasaray and asked if he was a fan. The knife was holding got slammed into a chopping board and he glared at me and simply said Fenerbahce. Ok big man theres your cash, thanks for the doner...taxi!
Went back in the next night and he just rolled his eyes and laughed.

What’s the back story with the small club chat?

I saw a whole bunch of tweets a while ago, back and forth between our fans and theirs. Then saw one of theirs reply to the Sands announcement tweet.

They seem like a bunch of crackpots, who spend their day obsessing about their club. Fair play to the tinpot fuckers

Remember going into a kebab shop in London, years ago, and got talking to the guy that was serving. My only knowledge of Turkish football was Souness and Galatasaray. So im pissed and chatting away and talking about Galatasaray and asked if he was a fan. The knife was holding got slammed into a chopping board and he glared at me and simply said Fenerbahce. Ok big man theres your cash, thanks for the doner...taxi!
I wouldn’t have touched that kebab. :))

Classic top 4 Turkish club, bring in players that were big names, pay them mental wages, qualify for the champions league groups and get absolutely horsed. Rinse and repeat. See besiktas this season.

My barber is a mad Galatasary fan. Said best fan base he has came across is Glasgow Rangers. Also said he lost all his money, as he got into gambling debt whilst out with Tugay, who he said was a notorious gambler
Do many Iranians support Galatasary. :p:))

Patter is absolutely hilarious on Twitter and they bite like mad hahaha.

The best night ever on kerryfail was when he started tweeting all of their comments after we beat them in the EL

Work with a Turkish firm. Talking to a lad today who was at the Antalyaspor v Fener match yesterday, said Ozil is a disgrace and just strolls around. Said League is awful these days as they are all skint.

Be some trip for you all next season in CL, Trabzonspor away!

Last edited:
We visit Alanya in Turkey and last time we were there they were promoted. Absolutely mental wit hundreds of cars parading through the streets flags out the sunroofs and horns blaring. Lovely orange top as well. Alanyasbor loyal.

Can't have been the guy I thought was going to kill me in a kebab shop in Isleworth, he was a Galatasaray fan.

Had a Rangers top on, guy comes charging out, knife in hand screaming "GLASGOW RANGERS TUGAY"

I never went back the next night.

Work with a Turkish firm. Talking to a lad today who was at the Antalyaspor v Fener match yesterday, said Ozil is a disgrace and just strolls around. Said League is awful these days as they are all skint.

Be some trip for you all next season in CL, Trabzonspor away!

That is an away trip to the Black Sea some of my Turkish Fener fanatics say is one that strikes fear into them which means it must be bad ))

Classic top 4 Turkish club, bring in players that were big names, pay them mental wages, qualify for the champions league groups and get absolutely horsed. Rinse and repeat. See besiktas this season.

They reached the quarters a while back.

file.jpg

Their greatest ever GIRUY moment was done by a Rangers legend.

I'm sure there used to be a guy that posted on the old FF boards everytime we played a Turkish team.
Think he was called Gate 19 or something like that, used to post that we would all be getting done in when we went over to play them.

Lost at home today to the runaway leaders Trabzonspor. Currently 15th, 6 points above the relegation zone.

Back