Small or big ideas that could improve Scottish football?

50% of every clubs tickets income of the previous year go into a pot and each club gets back an equal share of the pot.

your having a laugh, you think we should fund those that tried to destroy us. better still you think we should strengthen them so have a shot at winning something, maybe if their own supporters turned up every game and not just when they play us they might get a shot at a cup but i hope the all suffer financial lose
I'm not sure you understood the question

I'm not sure you understood the question
question was how could we improve Scottish football.

I Read your reply as we should give them half of our gate income and tv money so they can improve as a team with 10% going towards their youth system.

question was how could we improve Scottish football.

I Read your reply as we should give them half of our gate income and tv money so they can improve as a team with 10% going towards their youth system.
I didn't say we should, but doing that and forcing clubs to invest heavily in youth development would improve Scottish football surely ?

have referees actually book hammer throwers for assault players, who are actually trying to play football. The physical aspect of Scottish football is from the 50's. The football doesn't flow, due to the endless fouling.

Some sort of incentive for scoring goals, the more goals a team scores the more prize money they get at the end of the season

A rule change that forces teams to have at least 2 players in the opposition half at all times. Would rid the game of these turgid games where the smaller teams park the bus. A consequence would be that all teams would focus their training and recruitment on players who can look after the ball and therefore make the Scottish game a better, more marketable spectacle.

A good idea about mandatory gifting of seats to local schools if tickets unsold.

Only thing is, most kids would feel they’re being punished if you made them go to watch St Johnstone

Does anyone know of another top flight league in Europe who don’t use multiball and are persisting with a single ball in a game?

Multiball mould do wonders for the speed of our game and would prevent these diddy teams wasting as much time

All tickets should be sold front row first then work there way backwards this should be mandatory especially for all those diddy teams who cant fill there grounds. As it looks far more attractive in tv if it was done that way.

A set price for away fans for all games no matter what team they play.

If there are loads of unsold tickets on a friday children under 16 are then able to purchase a ticket for £5 or £10 pound with complimentary programme.

When you see Easter Road on tv now that is so much more appealing to watch with a full house than diddy clubs leaving thousands of seats unsold simply to stop bears buying them.

I’d make it rule that clubs be fined if they don’t sell their televised match tickets.

A fucking lot of things
- Two 18 team leagues, regional pyramid below that, 2 automatic promotion/relegation places, 3rd in 2nd division plays off against 3rd bottom in 1st division to see who comes up/stays in 1st division
- Multiball
- Full time refs and VAR
- No more plastic pitches
- Independent TV/streaming deal, which shows every match live OR
- TV deal which shows all derby games of all sizes in the top league, and all games between any 2 of Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs
- Squad rules enforcing certain amount of domestically-trained Under23s in matchday squad
- Rip up grassroots football and start again, use continental methods
Fair enough till you mentioned var. That ridiculous decision at Leicester yesterday,which did change the outcome makes the whole thing a farce. It's made for tv audiences and for me the paying punter must always come first.

My son attends new cumnock primary and kilmarnock have sent free family tickets for home games, think its a cracking gesture from them. Need to get rid of the dinosaurs at the top and stop having the same managers just swapping clubs every year or two

I didn't say we should, but doing that and forcing clubs to invest heavily in youth development would improve Scottish football surely ?
the thing i have noticed over the decades is that clubs do bring through youth and either us or celtc jump in buy them and they never really given a chance after that, some others do come through and end up getting a chance down south. on the money part its up to clubs to put bums in seats when we are not playing them not us or celtc to help them improve their own team or youth set up.

ten clubs kicked us when we were down and those ten clubs i hope over time suffer and i look forward hoping Dundee scum never win the championship

Scotland set is is a different matter which hopefully has a clear out soon from top to bottom which may help improve the crap on the park.

Some good ideas but im struggling with the full time refs one, what difference is more money and training going to make keeping the cards in the pocket for as long as possible and letting diddy mobs get stuck into Rangers is nothing to do with the standard. If it was Celtic would have the same problem..... they dont.

My idea is a little bonkers. It is a to have a sort of Americanised system come into effect after the regular season.

Firstly, we need to implement summer football mainly because it means we aren't competing against bigger leagues.

As Scotland clearly isn't big enough for multiple "professional" leagues, having a 16 team league seems like an ideal number of professional teams. Those 16 teams will play a 30 game season, then an even split based on league finish into two blocks of 8, after which points are reset and the two block of 8 are split into groups of 4, with teams playing home and away for an additional 6 games.

After the conclusion of the mini-leagues, the winners of the top two leagues play-off for the title, with the losers of the bottom two playing to stay in the league.

My idea is a little bonkers. It is a to have a sort of Americanised system come into effect after the regular season.

Firstly, we need to implement summer football mainly because it means we aren't competing against bigger leagues.

As Scotland clearly isn't big enough for multiple "professional" leagues, having a 16 team league seems like an ideal number of professional teams. Those 16 teams will play a 30 game season, then an even split based on league finish into two blocks of 8, after which points are reset and the two block of 8 are split into groups of 4, with teams playing home and away for an additional 6 games.

After the conclusion of the mini-leagues, the winners of the top two leagues play-off for the title, with the losers of the bottom two playing to stay in the league.
More than a little bonkers, absolute bonkers, a team could win the first 30 games in a row then have absolutely no advantage over team who only won say 20 ? insane

Does anyone know of another top flight league in Europe who don’t use multiball and are persisting with a single ball in a game?

Multiball mould do wonders for the speed of our game and would prevent these diddy teams wasting as much time

The EPL don’t use multiball

Whenever play is stopped, the match clock is also stopped.

As soon as play resumes, the match clock continues.

The incentive to time waste/feign injury disappears immediately. Match ends as soon as match clock reaches 90:00.

I know it sounds like it sounds like it's via the blue tinted specs but in all honesty - removing Celtic from Scottish football would be good for the game here in Scotland. Removing them from football altogether would be good for football as a whole. Their influence and their supporters in high positions are pure poison and not good for the game in the slightest.

I think a summer league would be a good idea for TV coverage but how do you get to a summer league when all the leagues end in May and people are looking at a potential March/October timeline?

end the leagues in January and then have a few months off? even top clubs couldn't be off from May to March for a new league and it would kill a lot of the lower league losing that amount of money

Multiball. Let’s see more football.

Good call, DM.

I would couple that with instructing referees to clamp down hard on time-wasting.

First offence - warning.

Second offence - yellow card.

Third strike - YER AFF!

If other players in the team tried to be smart and spread the offences round, then they are obviously playing to instructions. In that event, the club is sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute.

St Mirren, Livingston, Motherwell etc would have to completely re-think how to play the game.

Re brand the full thing.
Promote our game properly by having adverts on tv etc,get kids involved,all clubs should have fan zones.
Free public transport on the day of the match with your match ticket.
Have a proper highlights show on sat night like
MOTD.
Have the whole country,press,politicians etc to speak positively about the good things and stop talking about sectarianism and constantly bringing our game down and being a bunch of self loathing point scoring bastards towards certain clubs.
That’s just off the top of my head

Employ professional executives to run the game for the benefit of all, not just Celtc. Said professionals should not be employed by clubs.

From the mundane to the almost impossible.

By all means moving Celtic to Ireland would be a nice idea but try to think outside of that.

Ban clubs from playing in the top flight without a grass pitch - much like they used to require a minimum number of seats in stadiums or whatever it was.

Mandatory children go free ticketing for all clubs to local schools when there's going to be thousands of empty seats.

Link football clubs to universities and encourage players to complete some tertiary education. I'm pretty sure that most of the Germany team that won the World Cup in 2014 had some form of university/college education as will most American athletes at the top of their games in their respective sports.

Any other ideas big or small that could better the game here?
NO points for a 0-0 draw then teams wont defend for 90 minutes.

An Association funded youth system that works like drafting in the USA. The lowest ranked team gets first pick and their wage is funded for one for 1/2 seasons before the player can be transferred.

Parking, access and facilities for disabled fans

Cup to be seeded.

Proper bans for thugs.

Lower divisions regional only. Winner of each goes up.

Abolish European games in July.

Scrap international breaks. Play them after the season.

Under soil heating mandatory.

Bin plastic pitches
Goal line tech
Smaller, more modern stadiums (for daddy teams)
Kids go free if you can’t fill it
Colts in Championship
2 leagues of 18
Team mergers - look at all the Stirling and Fife teams
Make league cup rule - must have 5 players u21

Aussie rules had a problem with fans running on the pitch, they fined the individual £5k and it soon stopped. Would love to see something like that rather than club fines etc.

Use the summer months for properly run ( & very closely monitored ) academies with tuition for kids - funded by SFA - using players from all clubs & those without clubs - create competitions climaxing in prestigious trophies / awards which can attract corporate sponsorship, media coverage, commercial advertising exposure & celebrate excellence

(Surely the above isn't difficult, expensive or un-desirable in any way ? Surely any association worth its salt could manage a decent attempt at this ? Even the shambles masquerading as a governing body that is the modern day SFA could achieve this as a minimum ?)

It might not even be all that successful to begin with - but it could develop & improve annually till it was a wortwhile exercise in the longer term

Tickets sold for the stand directly opposite camera gantry 1st. Only once every one of those is sold are tickets for stand with gantry made available.

Small thing, but it looks horrendous as a television product when the stand that is always in shot is almost always, at best, half full.

Bring back school Football, Larger league, fan representation at the big table, Michael Stewart to stop talking tam kite or even better get shot of Michael Stewart.

Back