Smallest XI In Rangers History

Jan Žižka

Working in tandem with the Tallest XI we could field, what about the smallest?

Of our current squad, Jermain Defoe is listed as the shortest arse at Ibrox at 1.71 metres. Gives him a height advantage over Rod Wallace of 1 cm. :)

With Rod at 1.7m (5 foot 5 and a smidgeon ) and John Spencer at 1.68m (5 foot 5 just) are these the 2 tiniest strikers we have had or has the glaringly obvious passed me by with our strikers?

Gordon Ramsay

4CA3D73B00000578-5774233-image-a-58_1527329969039.jpg

The great Andrew McCreadie of our first ever League and Scottish Cup winning teams in the 1890s was a centre back and just 5'5" tall.

Working in tandem with the Tallest XI we could field, what about the smallest?

Of our current squad, Jermain Defoe is listed as the shortest arse at Ibrox at 1.71 metres. Gives him a height advantage over Rod Wallace of 1 cm. :)

With Rod at 1.7m (5 foot 5 and a smidgeon ) and John Spencer at 1.68m (5 foot 5 just) are these the 2 tiniest strikers we have had or has the glaringly obvious passed me by with our strikers?
1.7 m is 5 foot 7 inches .

Last edited:
I don’t think Reyna is small , he had a really small back but I reckon he was around 5ft 10 .
Laudrup is another who people think is smaller than he is but he had small legs and a really long back which is what most great players have .

I’d throw in John macdonald he was a wee guy must have been maybe 5ft 6 ?

May as well do a small 11

Goram
Porrini
Cowan
Roberts
Rodriguez
Prytz
McCall
Mclean
McDonald
Wallace
Henderson