Smokers in toilets

Its stinking and pretty unfair when you need to take a young child in and the smoke pretty thick. These guys are idiots if you ask me.

If the doors are open 50 yards away to have a fag outside, I'd suggest that the weapons are the people choosing to smoke in an enclosed room that children need to use.
I think you missed my point. Of course people should be using the facilities provided, but wanting to ban fellow supporters, this place is mental.

Yet again there was unsavoury incidents in the Sandy Jardine Front at half time. This time actual blows were exchanged between fans because of people who can't be bothered to use facilities that Rangers provide. There didn't seem to be any security in sight at all today. Rangers really need to enforce the smoking ban by beefing up security in toilets at half time. Just punt anyone out and remove their season ticket and people will stop smoking
One of the guys involved got security in and they took a boy out.Don't know if he got ejected or what.
The guy was shouting at them to go outside to the smoking area and not be ignorant b*stards etc

Its been happening for years.

I don't smoke now but remember not that long ago smoking when in my seat watching the game.

Best thing was the 2006 act.

Do folk who moan never used to go to a pub pre 2006?

To get someone banned is a bit OTT.

FFS banned & jailed for having a fag good God.
Remember smoking & drinking on the train to the game and sitting in my seat at the game smoking.
Firing squad next is it?

I had the opposite in GF7. Was refreshing to go into the toilet and have absolutely no smell of smoke
Same in the enclosure today - could see there was some confusion about the doors being open but the toilets were a bit fresher.

I think you missed my point. Of course people should be using the facilities provided, but wanting to ban fellow supporters, this place is mental.
The problem is that we need them to stop doing it. If opening a smoking area doesn't make them stop, then what options do we have for making them stop?

The problem is that we need them to stop doing it. If opening a smoking area doesn't make them stop, then what options do we have for making them stop?
Tbf I don’t think it’s been very well promoted. I don’t know if it’s only the Govan or if all stands have the smoking area.

Maybe the stewards could tell folk when they enter the stadium that there is a smoking area available at half time and they are encouraged to use it.

FFS banned & jailed for having a fag good God.
Remember smoking & drinking on the train to the game and sitting in my seat at the game smoking.
Firing squad next is it?
Just to clarify you can get jailed and banned just for singing- smoking could be upgraded to a hanging offence anytime soon

Tbf I don’t think it’s been very well promoted. I don’t know if it’s only the Govan or if all stands have the smoking area.

Maybe the stewards could tell folk when they enter the stadium that there is a smoking area available at half time and they are encouraged to use it.

They announced it over the tannoy on the 40th minute while game was still going on. Before I was annoyed at Rangers for not providing a facility for people who wanted to smoke. Now they have done they need to take action against the people who can't even be bothered using it and would rather blatantly break a decade old law.

As I said before, not one of these people would spark up in the Louden, so why do it at Ibrox?

Just to clarify you can get jailed and banned just for singing- smoking could be upgraded to a hanging offence anytime soon

Smoking kills. That is a fact. It is not a victimless crime. 2 minutes in the toilet at Ibrox is the equivalent of smoking a pack of fags the smoke is that thick

lot worse things gan on than smoking in the toilets am sure, last time i was at Ibrox there was loons like in the same toilet prob on the mkat or charlie

Steady, its no that bad lol

I know haha I pictured the scene like this after reading his post.

part-the-mists-of-time.gif

Can just see the club statement: ‘Rangers Football Club are fully aware of the issue of smoking in the toilets, however, at this stage no action will be taken as we would like to concentrate our efforts on putting a winning team.’

Fvck sake - it’s not Gerrard’s or the players role to get fans to stop smoking in the bogs.

I think that Gerrard coming out and making a public statement on this issue is essential. The players promoting a 'Show Toilet Smokers The Red Card' campaign would also help.

Stewards were checking the cubicles in the Main Rear toilets at half time. Everytime someone left the steward was going in and looking. Hmm.

Bit of an over reaction there
No there's people all over the world starving to death and children dying but smoking is so sad.

If there's facilities outside then use them so the women can do the toilet and ffs don't drink Bucky in the stands. oh my goodness no.

This thread should be titled smokers vs non smokers.

Rangers need to put a winning team on the park rather than the woman worrying about fans smoking

Fucking stupid post of the year goes to you.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Rangers have literally put in a smoking area and yet the hard of thinking are clearly still happy to disrupt people going to the toilet at half time. It’s the behaviour of complete reprobates.

No there's people all over the world starving to death and children dying but smoking is so sad.

If there's facilities outside then use them so the women can do the toilet and ffs don't drink Bucky in the stands. oh my goodness no.

Are blokes now smoking in the women's toilets? FFS, the lengths that these savages will go to.

As a smoker, i completely agree about not smoking in the toilets. Ive never smoked in Ibrox at all but to say its the saddest thing in the world is a bit much

So what is the answer, they have already been asked not to smoke in the toilets. It is against the law. The club have made provision for them to have a fag legally and they have said fvck you, I'll smoke where I want to. What is the next step?

I know haha I pictured the scene like this after reading his post.

part-the-mists-of-time.gif

To be honest if you suffer from any respiratory problems walking into an enclosed room where people have been smoking and fag smoke isn't as visible but your lungs feel as if your walked into a room resembling that one of the most horrible feelings when your airways tighten and you start coughing and can't get a breath :(

Im sure the club gets fined if people smoke in the toilets as its a health and safety issue.

Back