Smokers in toilets

Smoke
Yet again there was unsavoury incidents in the Sandy Jardine Front at half time. This time actual blows were exchanged between fans because of people who can't be bothered to use facilities that Rangers provide. There didn't seem to be any security in sight at all today. Rangers really need to enforce the smoking ban by beefing up security in toilets at half time. Just punt anyone out and remove their season ticket and people will stop smoking

Smokers stink. They think they don’t but they do. They smell bad and they don’t care if they make you smell as bad as they do too. They are weak and should not be allowed to smoke within the stadium. FFS if they can’t not suck on a fag for a couple of hours they should’ve stayed home and passed on their cancer to their own loved ones and not everyone else’s.
Shove it up your arse guys eh ?

Don’t know if anybody has brought it up already but the thing that annoys me more than the smoaking is the you team taking patsys. I take my daughter to the game and need to wait on the young team finishing in the bog before I can’t take my daughter for a pee

Rangers need to put a winning team on the park rather than the woman worrying about fans smoking
Can't stop people smoking because we need to focus on putting a winning team on the park? Its not really an either / or situation is it?

CF toilets were as bad I have seen today.Walking through puddles of pish really isn’t fun.

Just to clarify you can get jailed and banned just for singing- smoking could be upgraded to a hanging offence anytime soon
Yes.
And u need look no further than on here for the Hangman.
Nobody's safe on here the nite, hope Broxi Bears tucked up in bed and no swinging from a tree!!

No there's people all over the world starving to death and children dying but smoking is so sad.

If there's facilities outside then use them so the women can do the toilet and ffs don't drink Bucky in the stands. oh my goodness no.

This thread should be titled smokers vs non smokers.
If you're going down the black v white rule
Then it's law abiding Vs law breakers
People not wanting their health rights violated Vs people happy to pass on passive smoke to others including children
Decreased risk in cancer vs increased chance of cancer

It's not a black and white scenario, it's not a slagging match it's the law, it's the rules from the club, it's protecting children's health, it's improving the matchday experience.
Folk don't do it in planes because of the consequences, or any other public area because of the consequences.
There is only one colour in this situation

As an ex smoker it doesn't bother me in the slightest but reading this thread it appears that folk can nip outside for a smoke so there is no need to have one in the bogs.

Last edited:
Rangers need to put a winning team on the park rather than the woman worrying about fans smoking
The coaching staff will deal the team, those running the club overall need to let those competent deal with that and in the mean time ensure the club’s rules are adhered to. Safety is being affected when people start throwing punches.

There are some complete fannys in this thread
"Get the police to them"
"Its illegal"
"Ban them for a year"

I thought football was a mans game?

I bet these are the same people that get offended when they hear a naughty song
Fannys in the thread and cunts in the loos.

I maybe mistaken but I seem to remember that smoking was restricted in our Main Stand some time before the smoking ban in Scotland came into effect. Reason being that the construction of the historic stand being in many parts, wooden and the increased fire risk was mitigated by applying these restrictions.

Focusing on this fact alone says to me that many should step back and have a think about what the consequences of this could be to our magnificent stand, let alone potential harm to fellow supporters

Yeah it seems a petty complaint unto you act see people trying to take young children into the toilet and its like a thick smog of cigarette smoke it's unacceptable

Some absolute weapons on here.

Wanting to ban a fellow supporter for having a fag. Pathetic.

The only weapons are the people trying to defend it, or deflect to other issues. They’re all outing themselves as the selfish wallopers that smoke in toilets.

If people can’t adhere to the rules of the stadium, particularly ones that affect other fans, they should be banned.

Why should they approach them? That's the police's job.
if correct, why are we paying for stewards in such areas? if you go to the movies and don't like the film, does that give the smokers the right to Smoke in the toilet? don't think so

"Get the police to them"
"Its illegal"
"Ban them for a year"

Aye, no worries mate. My wee nephew has bad asthma, that can be triggered by things like excessive smoke in a confined space. But he should just man up, that’ll stop an asthma attack. Or piss himself in his seat.

I forget how utterly thick some people are on here.

I wouldn't take my kid to Ibrox to be exposed to that

Everyone calling folk drama queens seems to forget kids make up a large part of our support, and what about the older bears who might have serious health conditions made worse by smoke? Are they supposed to just pish themselves in the stand?

Folk wouldn't do it in a hospital toilet or shopping centre toilet so I don't understand why Ibrox is so different

Stewards don’t give a shit and these morons are smoking dope and drinking Buckie when kids are in the bogs.
You are spot on, recently I witnessed 2 individuals taking cocaine from the surface of one of their phone screens at the sink area. This isn't one of those cool guy moments where others should say man up! Its criminal and anti social behaviour. It will only stop when arrests are made and the club wants to get involved.

"Get the police to them"
"Its illegal"
"Ban them for a year"

Like it or not, it’s no longer “a man’s game”. Times have changed. Match day has become a family event for a lot of people. Many families will be using precious time together and a significant amount of money to hopefully enjoy the match day experience at Ibrox. If it’s an unpleasant experience they’ll eventually use their time and money elsewhere. I don’t think I need to spell out the longer term implications of that.

Stewards don’t give a shit and these morons are smoking dope and drinking Buckie when kids are in the bogs.

I’ve seen it regularly in the Broomloan rear. One security guard getting dogs abuse by fans, just for being there. There is no way a security guard is throwing anyone out.

Like it or not, it’s no longer “a man’s game”. Times have changed. Match day has become a family event for a lot of people. Many families will be using precious time together and a significant amount of money to hopefully enjoy the match day experience at Ibrox. If it’s an unpleasant experience they’ll eventually use their time and money elsewhere. I don’t think I need to spell out the longer term implications of that.

Good point which I agree with you
My point was more about the people wanting to get the police on them,withdraw there season ticket and ban them for a year.
That's a bit much in my mind

I agree that the addicts surely can go without a fag for 2 hours
Why no stock up and smoke 10 before you come in,that should do you through the game?

As an ex smoker I never once used the toilets to get my fix at half time, it’s a disgrace especially when the club has now opened up a designated smoking area. It’s a complete lack of respect for your fellow fan and the club, some people treat Ibrox as a Saturday night out with what’s been going on lately

I heard the mention over the tannoys of the designated areas for a smoke therefore I cant understand why people would do it in the toilets.

Having said that. Ive read someone on this thread complaining about a few guys sharing a bottle of wine and another guy mentioning the words junk and junkies.

Now either we have people in the stadium taking heroin or some absolute f*cking virgins on here.

Drama Central on here. How did people cope when smoking was allowed in pubs? Did you just stay at home? I'm a non-smoker but I'm rational enough to know that enduring a bit of second hand fag reek for a minute or 2 isn't going to kill me. Also, for the people focusing on the fact that guys were drinking Buckfast in the bogs, would it be more acceptable if they were drinking craft ales or maybe a G&T?

Heard about the incident at half time just after it happened.

Some of these smokers aren't the brightest, at rugby park last week there's people in the toilets smoking, they don't seem to realise that when you go down the stairs to the toilets you're actually outside.:rolleyes:

I was in GF1 yesterday rather than my season ticket seat in CR3 and witnessed the incident.

Folk smoking in the Govan toilets is stupid when you're able to get outside for a fag in that section.

The guy going mental trying to drag the steward into the toilet was an embarrassment.

If you can get outside for a fag then use it,if not then buy a vape and vape in the concourse.

Back