Smoking zone

Bee-D

S t holder SJ front they tried the smoking zone today opened exit door 43 it was busy that busy the lower concourse was polluted in smoke. Think you might need to 're think that idea Rangers.

Reactions: dmg
Eject all smokers. Take that disgusting habit to your own house. I still can't fathom paying for this..

Smoking whether you agree with it or not is an addiction. A very difficult one to stop and one there may be several reasons for starting. It's a normal thing that a huge percentage of people smoke and a great thing that the club have considered it. My smoking habbit is that bad it almost puts me off going to games sometimes because I know I'm going to go through mental torchure knowing I can't smoke. If the club can accommodate it then let them. Just keep yourself out of it if you don't like it, you don't need to be involved. Terrible judgemental comment.

Eject all smokers. Take that disgusting habit to your own house. I still can't fathom paying for this..

You mean you can't fathom the club paying for it? Tens of thousands of people who have paid for tickets every week who smoke are paying it for themselfs are they not?

You mean you can't fathom the club paying for it? Tens of thousands of people who have paid for tickets every week who smoke are paying it for themselfs are they not?

Think he means paying for fags. I stopped when it hit a tenner for a 20 deck and switched to vaping. Cost me the same in a month now as I paid in a week for snouts.

Think he means paying for fags. I stopped when it hit a tenner for a 20 deck and switched to vaping. Cost me the same in a month now as I paid in a week for snouts.

Ah OK cheers.

Packs of tobacco for me mate. £20 is about ten days of I'm careful enough sometimes two weeks.

Good idea

I went for a smoke at HT

Though since the ban I have refrained for the 90 mins so not sure about it

Main thing is giving non smokers the chance to pee and breath

I assumed the poster was suggesting that Rangers were in some way paying for the "smoking zone"??

Some fud still decided to light up in the toilets I went into at half time.

Stood at the concourse at half time couldn't smell anything and could breathe in the bogs so no complaints from me

Been a smoker for 21 years, recently moved to vaping. I know different people need different sized hits of nicotine at varying frequencies, but it can only be boredom that drives people to smoke/vape inside the stadium.

Smoking is banned in flights, most flights are at least 90 mins long, they dont die, or whine, or get aggressive because of no smoking for 90 mins on a flight, treat it as the same. That’s what I do.

What ?how are you paying for this ? You seem to have a lot of strong opinions about our match going support despite not being a member .
Think the poster meant he can’t imagine why anyone would pay to smoke

Feck off.
If I want to pay a tenner a packet for fags, that is what I will do.
What I will say is I am not a compulsive smoker and I can go 90 minutes without a fag.
Today I never went to said smoking area, didn't want one. Never have went to toilets for one either.
As for the Govan rear, must have been the fumes from Govan front wafting up.
Oh, and sitting in my conservatory at the moment with a big hauf and a fag hinging oot my mouth.
Doors are open mind you.

Good idea

I went for a smoke at HT

Though since the ban I have refrained for the 90 mins so not sure about it

Main thing is giving non smokers the chance to pee and breath
The smoking nazis on here won't be happy until you and people like you behave like them, end of. Doesn't matter if what you do doesn't affect them.

It was a pain in the ass with them all leaving 5 mins before half time.

Smoking loyal at half time, Subway loyal at full time.

It was so much easier to take a piss at half time today. No arseholes smoking. Glad the club finally doing something about it. People wouldn't put up with it anywhere else. It is only because it is Rangers no-one has taken legal action against them. If that was a restaurant/pub etc they would have faced a much tougher time

In the Govan rear they let them out at the bottom of the stairs at the retail store, but when they were out they did not shut the doors, so therefore the smoke drifted back up to the concourse and it was worse than when they smoked in the toilets.
It’s a great idea, but they require a rethink how it is operated, I spoke to a couple of the senior stewards and they agreed with me.
It is a way forward for those that cannot go without a cigarette in the time frame of a game, but it needs rethought.

In the Govan rear they let them out at the bottom of the stairs at the retail store, but when they were out they did not shut the doors, so therefore the smoke drifted back up to the concourse and it was worse than when they smoked in the toilets.
It’s a great idea, but they require a rethink how it is operated, I spoke to a couple of the senior stewards and they agreed with me.
It is a way forward for those that cannot go without a cigarette in the time frame of a game, but it needs rethought.

To be fair it was a trial today. They will want to get this right before rolling it out throughout the stadium. I am at opposite end from you so didn't see or smell any smoke

I’m a non smoker and a smoking area is the way to go.

However, they’ll need to rethink how it will work. It was absolutely reeking at ht today in the SJF concourse and I was feeling a bit ill with it.

It’s still early days and I’m sure it will get sorted in the coming weeks, it’s definitely a good idea that just needs tweaked.

Or just let smokers have a fag at their seat save going outside. You can nip out for a pie and a bovril leave the person to enjoy their fag

The smoking nazis on here won't be happy until you and people like you behave like them, end of. Doesn't matter if what you do doesn't affect them.
To be honest smoking is bad for you
Even as a chronic addict I understand the non smoker view

The right to breath fresh ish air is more important than my right to pollute it

Back