Snodgrass retires from international football

Have been in his company a few times. Decent enough guy, despite him not being from our side of the fence. Has made the most of his career with what he's got. Nice to see him acknowledging the backroom staff in his message. For those criticising his recent performances, remember that the players don't pick themselves for the squad or the team...
A chav of the highest.

XQJryH0.gif

I had a work colleague who's son had played with him at youth level. By all accounts his family were absolute nut jobs, so in that respect fair play to him in leaving that shit behind him. We all know plenty of examples of people who could'nt
He might be able to drive the range rover etc but as soon as he opens his mouth you know where he s from and what he is.

Some bizarre replies above. The guy has had a career that we could all only dream of. Fair play to him.
I do agree with you.

but this is FF. Hes a poet. It’s also scotland that it’s relevant to.

was only ever going to go one way my friend.

Definitely something weird behind the scenes as when Clarke ttoo k over, Snodgrass was the one in the papers shouting about being disrespected by McLeish, being called up not to play, etc. Sounds like McLeish was smart enough to see his legs had gone, as evidenced from a truly pitiful display v Russia. Must have told he wasn't getting a start v San Marino and spat the dummy.
He's never been the same player since he went to west ham, bilic tried everything to get rid of him but he must just be sitting drawing a nice day wage for as long as he can.

There are days in the life of an international football fan, when a special player announces their retirement, and their is a feeling of great sadness, and reminisence of what that player has contributed to the nation, and what specifically they meant to you as a fan.

This is not one of those days.

Pre Injury he was very effective. Possibly a limited player, ability wise but Work rate was always fantastic. He seems to have lost that yard that helped him stand out. Spoke to him outside Ibrox before the Georgia game and he came across as a really decent lad. These threads always seem to bring out a bit of jealousy and the worst sort of arrogance that's still quite prevalent within our support. As has been said above, its good to see him acknowledging backroom staff.

Never seen it with Snodgrass.

Slower than a week in Saltcoats and no where near good enough technically to make up for it.

The fact he’s had the career he has had is testament to just how poor the EPL is outside the top 6 or 7 teams.

He’ll be sorely missed.

Remember that time he hit that screamer into the top right or remember the time he skinned the full back and swung that peach of a cross in for wee thingy to put it away and win the match??

No. Me neither.

Epitomises everything that is shite about the Scottish national team.

The real sickener is that this clown is probably worth about £20m

Definitely something weird behind the scenes as when Clarke ttoo k over, Snodgrass was the one in the papers shouting about being disrespected by McLeish, being called up not to play, etc. Sounds like McLeish was smart enough to see his legs had gone, as evidenced from a truly pitiful display v Russia. Must have told he wasn't getting a start v San Marino and spat the dummy.
He's never been the same player since he went to west ham, bilic tried everything to get rid of him but he must just be sitting drawing a nice day wage for as long as he can.

Strange to state he’s sitting drawing a wage, he played over 30 games for West Ham last season. Not featured so much this season but he is still in and around the squad.

Strange to state he’s sitting drawing a wage, he played over 30 games for West Ham last season. Not featured so much this season but he is still in and around the squad.
Think it was the year before, the manager made it clear he wasn't wanted, but he sat pretty despite rarely featuring.

You just know he'll reverse his decision should Scotland get through to the Euros via the Nation's League route.

He’s a good striker of the ball. Other than that I cannot think of any other attributes he has to his game. Will he be missed ? I doubt it.

Back