SNP’s James Dornan accused of ‘making up bigotry’ after linking bus cancellations to ‘anti-Irish racism’

Like you, I was sadly disappointed that Dornan was returned but not really all that surprised.

The fact that he was, underlines levels of voter apathy and general ignorance. When I say that, I’m not having a go at the average man or woman in the street per se. Political parties and their strategists know full well that there are members of the electorate who exercise their franchise largely along ideological lines and seldom hold errant members of parliaments to account.

Obviously some have a list of misdemeanours allied to a public profile whereby they inescapably draw attention to themselves and pay the price, but others like Dornan seem to lead a charmed existence and apparently don’t incur voter wrath for their supposedly accountable actions.

Dornan has a list of previous which leaves me quite dismayed at the residents of Glasgow Cathcart. His obfuscation of the transgender issue with regard to women’s rights has been particularly problematic. I wonder how many females would have knowingly voted for him if they were fully aware of his arrogant, inane ramblings on the subject.
That’s again the problem we as unionists have with the SNP, they’re riding a wave at the moment, yes they’re the biggest party and as you said the majority of the voters vote for them due to one issue. Scratch the surface and you’ll see their track record on health, poverty, education and public services like the police and fire service doesn’t add up. The bottom line is they do not have a majority. Yet they talk and act like they do. Hopefully this is the peak of their wave

Absolutely with you S. An embarrassment & a disgrace to a once proud country.

It irritates me so much the scheisse they come out with & are unchallenged on mate.
Tell you what mate, I'm just waiting on them calling out people chasing up the child abuse at celtic park as anti catholic/irish racism.

They will stoop to that, dont believe they wont for 1 minute. Just prepare for that mate and the nats will say nothing, but happily go along with it.

Tell you what mate, I'm just waiting on them calling out people chasing up the child abuse at celtic park as anti catholic/irish racism.

They will stoop to that, dont believe they wont for 1 minute. Just prepare for that mate and the nats will say nothing, but happily go along with it.

Its anti pervert TDE, no matter the religion of those perverts.

It just happens that one club had significantly more than the others & that their directors, maybe because they had been conditioned by a certain church, tried to cover it up ?

Does our parliament ever discuss important issues? You know, things like poverty, unemployment, drugs, improving housing. Are these issues even thought about ? It seems every politician in this country spends their time tweeting about anything and everything, but don't act or do anything to improve the lives of the citizens living here. When was the last time an MP visited your local area, chapped a few doors, asked what they could do to improve the area you live in?

Charlatans, every single one of them.
Why would they the SNP have had 14 years to act on these issues and have done the square route of f2@k all

Its anti pervert TDE, no matter the religion of those perverts.

It just happens that one club had significantly more than the others & that their directors, maybe because they had been conditioned by a certain church, tried to cover it up ?
I know that fine well mate, but there is nothing they wont lower themselves to

Make no mistake you guys are a thorn in their side, who they would like to go away.

More you pursue him the more Oxygen you give his odious views. Even if you win in court it will be reported by Scottish media as a victory.

Sad country we now live in.

The fud has not only made a clown of himself as usual, mate, but he's left himself open to being pursued through the Courts for defamation and slander. Let's hope they take him the full legal road.

Since when did St Patrick only represent the Roman Catholic demographic of Ireland? This idea that it is only an Irish Catholic holiday is in itself bigoted.
How long before St Andrew can only be celebrated by nationalist separatists?
Going by his comments one can only assume he is a bigoted arsehole.
I'm surprised the Sleazy Natsi Party don't seem to have made much effort to raise the profile of St. Andrews Day. Would have thought something like that would be right up their anti English street.

That’s again the problem we as unionists have with the SNP, they’re riding a wave at the moment, yes they’re the biggest party and as you said the majority of the voters vote for them due to one issue. Scratch the surface and you’ll see their track record on health, poverty, education and public services like the police and fire service doesn’t add up. The bottom line is they do not have a majority. Yet they talk and act like they do. Hopefully this is the peak of their

A NATS MSP was today accused of “making up bigotry” after linking the cancellation of bus services due to anti-social behaviour to “anti-Irish racism”.
James Dornan said the decision by Lothian Buses to suspend evening services on March 17 suggested the operator had concluded “Irish Catholics were to blame for this rise in anti-social behaviour” because it coincided with St Patrick’s Day.

He made the claim in a parly speech and later tweeted to say he’d raised “the ongoing issue of anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism”, adding: “For far too long accepted as part of Scottish life. Things are changing but we still have a fair way to go to sort this out.”
But Mr Dornan, SNP MSP for Glasgow Cathcart, was slapped down by opposition politicians, who insisted buses were axed because of “straightforward vandalism” after vehicles were pelted with bricks and drivers abused by yobs in some parts of Edinburgh - and not because of a “sectarian slight”.
Ian Murray, Labour MP for Edinburgh South, said: “A Glasgow MSP making up bigotry about Edinburgh. What a fool. For the record, it was because bricks were being thrown through bus windows endangering lives.”

Alex Cole-Hamilton, Lib Dem MSP for Edinburgh Western, said: “I’ve clashed with (James Dornan) before, but this is utterly contemptible.
“Lothian drivers had suffered nights of abuse and physical assault via stoning before the company suspended services. This was not some sectarian slight.
“He should apologise to Lothian and to parliament.”
And Neil Findlay, former Labour MSP for the Lothian region, said: “When the situation emerged I contacted Unite Scotland to find out what was going on with attacks on their members and urged government to help resolve the situation.
“At no time was sectarianism mentioned - it was straightforward vandalism.”
Lothian Buses announced it was cancelling all services after 7.30pm on the night of March 17 across Edinburgh and the Lothians to ensure customer and driver safety following a spate of attacks.
And in April it confirmed some of its services would be diverted away from particular routes.

Police have since charged 38 children and young people during an operation targeting antisocial behaviour and violence towards Lothian Buses drivers.
During a Scottish Government justice debate at Holyrood Thursday, Mr Dornan pointed to March 17 being St Patrick’s Day and said he could “only assume” Lothian Buses had concluded “Irish Catholics were to blame for this rise in anti-social behaviour”.
He added: “Why else cancel buses only for the night of a ubiquitous Irish Catholic holiday when pubs were not open and it was a stay at home order in place.
“Can you imagine if this had happened roundabout July 12 or if it had about roundabout a Muslim festival, or a Sikh festival. It just is not acceptable.”

In response, top lawyer Roddy Dunlop QC, Dean of the Faculty of Advocates, said: “As a Glaswegian who now lives in Edinburgh, this vacuous nonsense for an elected MSP is utterly bizarre.
“People in Edinburgh saw the damage caused to buses by bored/disaffected youths throwing bricks.
“Nothing to do with St Patrick’s Day, or religion in any form. Just safety.”
What an absolute rocket that man is. How the feck he is an MSP is beyond me.

My point here is we are missing the main story here as well. We are more concerned about hte rantings of an obvious bigot than the fact that bus drivers are being routinely attacked in our capital city. No-one gives a shite about that but we 200 thread post on the rantings of Dornan.

Is that really more important?
The bus violence story was well covered at the time (which to be honest makes this all the more staggering). This thread is literally about Dornan trying to turn Violence against busses in to "Anti-Irish Racism"

I’m convinced they are stealing votes. Their main objective is to get voters. Not improve out
Life’s. Just look at Ayr.
Proxy votes disabled people stealing votes from old people's homes the lot every dirt trick they are doing it bussing people t o the polls does this happen in any other democracy Ayr smells very suspicious it would be interesting the postage votes did theygo through the dodgy website Murrell set up

Graham Grant in the Daily Mail laying into Dornam today in an article titled "Dismal proof the SNP's pool of talent is shallow as a puddle"
Well worth a read if you can see it. Alas I don't know how to post the article. Hopefully someone more able can do so.

That’s again the problem we as unionists have with the SNP, they’re riding a wave at the moment, yes they’re the biggest party and as you said the majority of the voters vote for them due to one issue. Scratch the surface and you’ll see their track record on health, poverty, education and public services like the police and fire service doesn’t add up. The bottom line is they do not have a majority. Yet they talk and act like they do. Hopefully this is the peak of their wave
Pre election the lounge thread (myself included) was over optimistic because once again we'd entirely misjudged them. We talked failure, incompetence, waste, sloth, and criminality. We talked policies, and personalities. The Nat voters DO NOT CARE. That's what we keep forgetting...as I keep saying "This is different, a few years have passed....2014 was a while back, some normality will return". Nope. 40-45% of voters who turn out don't care and have no interest in finding out.

Yes, and then some.
The Steven Bonner he mentions, was one of several SNP . MP's who had council tax arrears paid by the SNP . Apparently it is an offence for MP's to get into debt in this manner ,but strangely enough the Police have alledgedly never charged or reported it to the P.F. and it was never taken further by the SNP hirearchy

Last edited:
The Steven Bonner he mentions, was one of several SNP . MP's who had council tax arrears paid by the SNP . Apparently it is an offence for MP's to get into debt in this manner ,but strangely enough the Police have never charged or reported it to the P.F. and it was never taken further by the SNP hirearchy
No surprise there then, at least they are predictable in their hypocrisy.

Finally, someone takes Dornan to task in the papers. Well done Graham Grant.

Hopefully, others will take a leaf out of Graham’s book, after all James is one easy, easy target. Not that you’d expect a craven media to hold him to account, but a start is a start.

Like most constituencies in Scotland the opposition is just not good enough
Opposition is diluted and not good enough. Until we stop standing up candidates who either them or their party have no chance we are fucked.

Finally, someone takes Dornan to task in the papers. Well done Graham Grant.

Hopefully, others will take a leaf out of Graham’s book, after all James is one easy, easy target. Not that you’d expect a craven media to hold him to account, but a start is a start.
Daily Mail - he will take the as a Badge of Honour

Very true.

It’s better than nothing though. How many political commentators in the Scottish sphere who could be described as professionally impartial, would deviate from the prescribed script though? Editorially, too many Scottish publications (not Branch Office operations) and televisual and audio media outlets turn a blind eye to Dornan and his rhetoric.

Therein lies the problem. The fact that it is rarely highlighted, never mind challenged, only serves to embolden him (and by extension the apparatchiks that brief) to the extent whereby his false narrative is given a level of legitimacy which it scarcely deserves.

Pre election the lounge thread (myself included) was over optimistic because once again we'd entirely misjudged them. We talked failure, incompetence, waste, sloth, and criminality. We talked policies, and personalities. The Nat voters DO NOT CARE. That's what we keep forgetting...as I keep saying "This is different, a few years have passed....2014 was a while back, some normality will return". Nope. 40-45% of voters who turn out don't care and have no interest in finding out.
I fear you could be spot on!

He will take it as proof of the Anti-Irishness and Anti-Catholic they are subject to without any regards how Scotland is shown to the wider World, in fact they are all guilty of that from Sturgeon downwards.

A guy who supports terrorism like this if he was asian he would be in jail, https://www.itv.com/news/granada/20...j6SVIA-SKuQl90OW68ZUFD3EdHxUjP4XH_iK08eeRchqM
Absolute miracle no one was killed.

Sadly the British government (Blair) ultimately sold us out, along with some of our own Unionist leaders.

We had the boot on pira's throat and they were beaten. Every last one of those murderous bastards should have been hung.

But no, let's put terrorists in government. Sadly a decision the PUL community may live to regret with the rise of SFira on both sides of the Irish border.

They will have been riding a wave of 19 unbroken years in government after this last result.

Indy is an ideal and nothing else matters to their support, which sadly a large number of non yahoo's also support and subscribe to.

I would suspect that one of these days those cvnts will strike it lucky with indy and that will signal the end of us. The "20%" will rub our noses in the dirt and there will be no air.

Unionist parties need to up their game big time, but when you look around at the political talent available, we've a long way to go.

Very true.

It’s better than nothing though. How many political commentators in the Scottish sphere who could be described as professionally impartial, would deviate from the prescribed script though? Editorially, too many Scottish publications (not Branch Office operations) and televisual and audio media outlets turn a blind eye to Dornan and his rhetoric.

Therein lies the problem. The fact that it is rarely highlighted, never mind challenged, only serves to embolden him (and by extension the apparatchiks that brief) to the extent whereby his false narrative is given a level of legitimacy which it scarcely deserves.
Their narrative and agendas have been going on for decades as we know ....it's only now we are starting to be bothered to fight back ....and they don't like it , hence the upsurge in faux cases and blatant lies.....

Latest posts

Back