SNP Banner At Falkirk Stadium

As the thread title alludes to, is this allowed under UEFA's no political or religious statements?
They don't allow Governments to interfere in the running of that country's association, they also frown upon overtly political slogans by clubs themselves but selling advertising space to political parties is ok.

St Mirren have one for Cooncillor Eddie Devine.

He is a Labour councillor who was subjected to a hate campaign because of his political leanings. Can’t imagine gangs of rampant Lib Dem’s or Tory boys in Glenburn so that leaves you know who

Noticed english clubs have GMB union adverts round the stadiums , they have links to the labour party .

It’s allowed as far I’m aware, just an absolutely ridiculous position when politicians are happy to comment on how politics shouldn’t be allowed in football when it’s politically convenient.

As is said who is paying for these as they are at every junior ground as well. Are they counted as expenditure at election time or are they brought down during an election. If not why not?

St Mirren have one for Cooncillor Eddie Devine.

He is a Labour councillor who was subjected to a hate campaign because of his political leanings. Can’t imagine gangs of rampant Lib Dem’s or Tory boys in Glenburn so that leaves you know who

when did this happen ?

Back in 2012.

It didn’t stop him continuing or his wife becoming a Councillor and then his daughter too.

Think it is only him and his daughter Karen still elected.

The cult has advertised at Falkirk for decades. I can remember their sh*tey adverts back in the Brockville days.

Political advertising seems mad to me. Who the hell is going to be influenced into voting one way or the other just because they saw a Party banner at a football match ?

Tbh not that bothered if they are willing enough to pay money to the clubs then the clubs are within their rights to accept it. I doubt seeing a political party ad in your home ground is going to influence someones vote.

I’ve just been speaking to my pal who is a Falkirk and was telling him about the banner, he’s saying it wasn’t a banner but an ad on the hoarding, but I’m sure it was a flag/banner, he also checked with the club who said there was no flag/ banner.......anyone got a pic?

If it is advertising an MSP or MP at the ground without a party logo it will be, I am 99% certain, be paid for via the public purse as they get an advertisement budget.

If it is advertising a political party it will be coming from that party, more than likely being paid for by local branches.

I know where I am my Tory party branch pays for some advertising in our local rugby and football club programmes. The clubs are lower than Lowland League so not SPFL and its not particularly as a vote winner but an opportunity to give a wee bit of cash to these teams in our community.

Not sure how a paid ad fits in with UEFAs policy. It’s maybe something they’ve gotten away with because not many of their games are televised and the ruling only applies to the top leagues

Falkirk don't play in European competition, so what say would UEFA have? It's a paid advert anyway, there's plenty around the grounds. Rugby Park has Labour, SNP and Tory banners.

Not sure how a paid ad fits in with UEFAs policy. It’s maybe something they’ve gotten away with because not many of their games are televised and the ruling only applies to the top leagues
UEFA's policy only covers UEFA's competitions.

Back