SNP Banner At Falkirk Stadium

I am reasonably sure Murderwell had SNP advertising boards back in the 80s.
I would imagine it would not be allowed in EUFA or FIFA games.
Just remember all these teams attitude to political advertising the next time any of their fans spout the line about football being a sport and issues such as politics and religion should be kept out of the game.

As the thread title alludes to, is this allowed under UEFA's no political or religious statements?
UEFA don't have jurisdiction over SPFL matches, but I take your point. When is a political statement, in the form of a properly paid-for advertisement, in breach of the SPFL rules? Would an anti-vaccine ad be allowed? Anti-abortion? Anti-independence? Pro-Israel?

UEFA don't have jurisdiction over SPFL matches, but I take your point. When is a political statement, in the form of a properly paid-for advertisement, in breach of the SPFL rules? Would an anti-vaccine ad be allowed? Anti-abortion? Anti-independence? Pro-Israel?
There's no political statement there though.

Anyone who follows junior football will be aware of the SNP’s sponsorship for their MSPs with banners at most junior grounds that is subtle in getting their image out in the public domain - they unconsciously plant the seed of dominance by exposure in the minds of those who see their propaganda every time they watch football whether on TV or at the grounds

It's allowed, but I don't think they can complain when we have our Union Flag displays or the Vote No display etc. Can't have it both ways.

Back