SNP Govt condemn Celtic FC over team photo Covid breach

Bolingoli flies away... no real punishment

Frimpong flies a foreigner in.... no real punishment.

Not expecting anything to happen to Celtc for this here.
Going by the rules he didnt actually break any rules, unfortunately. Obviously bolingoli did, however it makes the arguement weaker.

My understanding of the rules is so flimsy that I worry about the dhims being given a opportunity to find some technical breach that Professor Jason Leach finds so shocking that he is compelled to call for points deductions.

He seems to have become substantially more involved since the Dundee Hibs situation, and I wonder where it is heading?

I do not think that it is about Dundee United. I think that the Nats are just taking a practice tee shot against another team.

Wonder which team is being lined up for a shafting?
SNP Scottish government postponed 2 of celtics games already. Their not really doing a goos job of helping them to their beloved 10, are they? How do you explain that? I'm all for bashing them, but let's be honest, that wasnt exactly a helping hand was it.

No Mate

You were quite correct. Whether it be Natgov or Natpress, I really do think that we have been so squeaky clean so far, apart from Jones and Edmundson, that we will be left without further attention.

Let's give it a week and see whether or not there is any "Rangers Star Covid Shocker" headline.

Could be wrong, but we will see.

Last edited:
Erm not cancelled, but essentially rescheduled so celtc wouldn't have to play their game when they were weakened by enforced played absence..
Really? That's quite the take. He wasnt even a first team player and its completely fucked their whole season?

Celtic wanted to play the game..

Csnt
No Mate

You were quite correct. Whether it be Natgov or Natpress, I really do think that we have been so squeaky clean so far, apart from Jones and Edmunsen, that we will be left without further attention.

Let's give it a week and see whether or not there is any "Rangers Star Covid Shocker" headline.

Could be wrong, but we will see.
Cant see it personally. Dealt with swiftly and even praised by scot gov, yes I was shocked too.

SNP Scottish government postponed 2 of celtics games already. Their not really doing a goos job of helping them to their beloved 10, are they? How do you explain that? I'm all for bashing them, but let's be honest, that wasnt exactly a helping hand was it.
It's a fantastic helping hand. Celtc should have been forced to play with squad players replacing those who could not play, or forfeit the game. Now they get to play those games with potentially a full squad to choose from. I'd say that's a distinct advantage.

Really? That's quite the take. He wasnt even a first team player and its completely fucked their whole season?

Celtic wanted to play the game..
It's also setting things up. Celtc and Aberdeen saw no real penalty against them, but other clubs have had to forfeit results. Celtc always get the soft side strike of the hand..

It's also setting things up. Celtc and Aberdeen saw no real penalty against them, but other clubs have had to forfeit results. Celtc always get the soft side strike of the hand..
2 games in hand is putting further pressure on Celtic. They wanted to play the games. How are you making out it's a positive for them? Please just admit it isnt and it really was a penalty for them.

Reactions: GF7
It's getting silly now, there's going to be fans of all clubs trying to find stuff to get teams in trouble and the government could end up stopping football.

I don't understand your point - you're acting like the clubs here weren't 100% to blame.

Stay within the rules we all have to live with, or suffer the consequences. It's not difficult.

snp fan boy by any chance?
What do you mean? I said I was surprised to hear scot gov praise us? I've also said that Scot gov punished celtic by cancelling 2 of their games.

If not buying into the conspiracy theory that they will magic an offence up against us makes me an SNP voter then by all means you carry on. FF bingo eh, snp voter bla bla.

Tell me what I've said thats wrong?

It's a fantastic helping hand. Celtc should have been forced to play with squad players replacing those who could not play, or forfeit the game. Now they get to play those games with potentially a full squad to choose from. I'd say that's a distinct advantage.
Only 1 of their players, a back up shite left back was out of the game. So who else are you talking about?

Them having 2 games in hand is good for us, it makes the gap seem more psychologically bigger and more pressure on them.

Only 1 of their players, a back up shite left back was out of the game. So who else are you talking about?

Them having 2 games in hand is good for us, it makes the gap seem more psychologically bigger and more pressure on them.
Do you mean the celtc player that broke covid restrictions, trained and then played for celtc. That player, that meant potentially the entire celtc first team squad should have been forced to forfeit games of they couldn't field a team.. Those games that celtc were punished for, or actually allowed to reschedule..

My understanding of the rules is so flimsy that I worry about the dhims being given a opportunity to find some technical breach that Professor Jason Leach finds so shocking that he is compelled to call for points deductions.

He seems to have become substantially more involved since the Dundee Hibs situation, and I wonder where it is heading?

I do not think that it is about Dundee United. I think that the Nats are just taking a practice tee shot against another team.

Wonder which team is being lined up for a shafting?
He's not actually a professor.pretty sure it is an honorary title

While this is quite funny because it is them, and their statement is plainly deceitful via the careful deployment of the word "recorded", I think this is a real non-issue and we want to be careful what we wish for.

Any opportunity for the government or SPFL executive to start pissing around with fines, suspensions or other interference in the season should be strenuously avoided.

Reactions: GF7
While this is quite funny because it is them, and their statement is plainly deceitful via the careful deployment of the word "recorded", I think this is a real non-issue and we want to be careful what we wish for.

Any opportunity for the government or SPFL executive to start pissing around with fines, suspensions or other interference in the season should be strenuously avoided.

Why?? The precedence has just been set by handing 3 x 3-0 defeats to teams who weren't adhering to Covid protocols. How should they feel if two teams have flouted those same rules yet escaped any form of punishment? It seems the SPFL have pretty much backed themselves into a corner here and it will be interesting to see how the react.

Of course the major difference to remember here is that no games have been postponed arising from these breaches so will they look to just give a couple of fines and another slap on the wrists or do they have the power to hand out points deductions.

I am guessing two heavy fines will be getting dished out here unless they can prove they had clearance to do these group shots - the SPFL didn't have any power to give them the go ahead if that is what happened they themselves will be under scrutiny.

Watch out and never trust the mentally challengeds or their motives.

The league is slipping and they will do anything to have this voided or to a lesser extent 'tainted' due to any points deduction.

Last seasons title given to them doesn't even resonate in their thinking about this season ...

Celtic's own stringent protocols have ensured that, to date, following thousands of individual tests, we have recorded no positive cases within our squad, with the only cases affecting the club being recorded while our players have been on international duty."

That doesn't sound iffy at all!

mentally challengeds in house testing looks to be default to negative.

What a complete shambles, no one has a clue what they can or can’t do, it seems that the rules are made up as things come to light.

So if we were at home today and just before kick off we decide to take a photo of the players and subs involved in the game on the pitch would that be allowed?

What a load of absolute pish.

Get this vaccine sorted and get this nonsense to f*ck.

Brother Covid, return to Masonic High Command. Operation Stop The 9.75 Complete. This transmission will self destruct much like the mentally challengeds.

Let's get real about this, if they are in a bubble why does it even matter? Sick of this covid balix. As it's them I will laugh anyway.

It's not really hard to grasp. They have allowed footbal to continue. All parts of football that is essential is allowed. Training, games etc. Anytbjng non essential isnt allowed and unnecessary close contact.
I'm not finding it hard to grasp at all mate, I know they broke the rules in place. it's the rules that's a farce.

I just find it mental that one minute these group of players are allowed to have full body contact, sweat, tears snotters the lot during a game but cannot stand side by side for a photo hahaha

Unnecessary if you ask me but hey ho that's the rules.

I noted the change in tone during yesterday’s discussion on Radio Scotchland. Originally when Dundee United and their team picture were talked about it was punishment punishment punishment. Then Tom English said that he had received word that Celtic did the same re team photo, you could hear the change in desire for punishment straight away from the panel.

It’s almost as if they all have a soft spot for the green and greys.

Pretty sure Tom English and/ or Dick Gordon yesterday put forward the idea of football being told to “take a break” to allow clubs to get their acts together.

it’s clear where that idea emanates from and as above Celtic will do anything to ensure this season is voided if the slip out of the race.

never trust a mentally challenged or bbc Scotland.

They will not be punished.This republican loving government will not punish them.They are afraid to offend their west of scotland voters.They couldn’t even condemn them for a covid breach without dragging us into it.Spfl likewise will not punish them.If they are not punished then game is truly corrupt.Clubs have lost points for breaches in the rules and if these two clubs don’t get the same treatment then it’s done.

The only way they will get sanctions if they couldn’t play their match. Then again it’s Celtic so they can do what they like

Watch out and never trust the mentally challengeds or their motives.

The league is slipping and they will do anything to have this voided or to a lesser extent 'tainted' due to any points deduction.

Last seasons title given to them doesn't even resonate in their thinking about this season ...

I think the Tim’s want the season abandoned and if I’m being honest I’m sure there’s an element of this behind the Lemmon out protests that aren’t going to end any time soon.

No evidence, just a hunch.

Pretty sure Tom English and/ or Dick Gordon yesterday put forward the idea of football being told to “take a break” to allow clubs to get their acts together.

it’s clear where that idea emanates from and as above Celtic will do anything to ensure this season is voided if the slip out of the race.

never trust a mentally challenged or bbc Scotland.
Start of your last sentence is something I lived my whole life believing.Lower than a snakes belly.

Back