SNP Medical Advisor performs a U-Turn, as Lawwell calls for test friendlies with crowds present

What would we ever do without Saint Peter. Amazing selflessness on display every time he talks and we are in his presence. How can our government ignore such a man of high esteem and rousing speeches. He really is a role model and symbol for our country.

You really wanted to write that instead keef, didn't you.

I think that the mentally challengeds are really struggling on season ticket sales.

Their fans know that with only 800 Rangers fans at old firm games they can easily pick up tickets for that game now and don't need a season ticket to secure a seat for game.

There uptake has been slow apparently hence why the record spinning crowds be back in August flag days etc is all designed to try punt season books.

Interesting. Clearly I’m very keen to get back to Ibrox but I can’t help wondering if their season ticket sales weren’t low and the first OF was at Ibrox, would be hearing from this fat abuse apologist?
Not a chance would we be hearing from him.
He knows a large portion of his fanbase are slavering at the prospect of seeing the rangers in action, and like someone else said there, it’s easy for them to just buy a ticket rather than a full season book, plus he’s desperate for the oneupmanship to begin. He knows that it’s unfair advantage if the glitterdome is empty for the first old firm game, and he won’t want that to happen, so he’s making a desperate attempt to swing the press and set the narrative that fans should now be allowed back in.

pity he won’t be so forthcoming with comment about other issues that he tried to stupidly to seat away with separate entity excuses...

They may not have been skint last year but they sure are now. A lot can change in 12 months and Covid has rocked their boat more than it has ours.

If rumours are to be believed they’ve sold an Aberdeen level of season tickets (5,000) with a Champions League level of payroll (£60m). Whereas we’re going to sell out again.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them enter administration soon. They’re done for.

So we finished it early to give they scumbags 30 million
Now we can go back to grounds so they can get more
Craig Gordon I’d imagine wouldn’t be looking for astronomical wages but they couldn’t find it for what is a good keeper
They seem to be struggling for the money to get Forster back as well There’s something not adding up at the hame of shame and all I say is keep it coming

All blister from Liewell! Trying to make himself look good before court cases call him into question. Having friends in high places won’t help you this time Peter! As for the leagues he claims. Let’s not kid ourselves splurgeon hasn’t done anything first that boris hasn’t in England she has always waited two weeks. The EPL won’t be having crowds back anytime soon so dont see how this twat thinks he knows better than the prime minister and the PM’s scientists etc ! All bluster to look good and to get the tims to believe they are safe to go to football. Utter nonsense!

How is this test study going to be governed.

Will they test every supporter before they are allowed a ticket to get in? Will they then test everyone for the next two weeks to see how many get the virus?

If anyone dies who will shoulder the responsibility for the deaths?

The fat 19th Century Terrorist,pig eyed b@stard has been told to forget about it...

Snippet from The Scum 'newspaper' -

19th Century Terrorist bastard chief executive Peter Lawwell has insisted it "isn't impossible" for some of the club's fans to be in Paedo Central for the club's flag day at the start of August.

But this mentally challenged chancer's comments appear to be contradicted by national clinical director Jason Leitch, who has told Premiership clubs to forget crowds until October...

And what Peter says goes!!!

Away ram it up yer hope ya prick, I sick to the back teeth of the fat Japanese telling me what’s best. How’s about you get your own sinking ship in order first

This is all to get the Scottish cup finished make no mistake they will use this as the guinea pig of games then say no BCD

Let's see if they do another u turn like the schools. And that would mean they think everything leitch is saying is rubbish.

What is this idiot leech actually saying? Crowds or no crowds?
And I find it shameful that u can’t have a large wedding but they are shoehorning these tramps in
He doesn’t get to make the decision, so he is sitting on the fence as it will be up to nippy.

Is Lawell putting Celtic finances and income from crowds ahead of Scotland's health?

I will be barred for what I say next about this cu"t.

It could also be a vote loser for the Nazis if they get the go ahead and other bits are still in lockdown.

if we go through july with as little cases and deaths as we're seeing now, we absolutely should be allowed back.

what they won't want to do is let football fans in with masks on, because that would make it difficult for police scotland to film and identify us

I think that the mentally challengeds are really struggling on season ticket sales.

Their fans know that with only 800 Rangers fans at old firm games they can easily pick up tickets for that game now and don't need a season ticket to secure a seat for game.

There uptake has been slow apparently hence why the record spinning crowds be back in August flag days etc is all designed to try punt season books.
Yet you still get Rangers fans moaning they can’t get a ticket for parkhead. If the bigger picture means it hurts them more than it hurts us, then great.

If they do test games with crowds of a 1,000 or more. Who gets to go to these games and who doesn't? Does every one of them have to be tested before going into stadium like the players and staff? Then police and stewards as well? Ok, there will be less than usual, but still. If they can let thousands protest all mingling together, then why not let football fans go support their teams?
It is just mental whatever happens?
Let crowds back in or none at all.

If they do test games with crowds of a 1,000 or more. Who gets to go to these games and who doesn't? Does every one of them have to be tested before going into stadium like the players and staff? Then police and stewards as well? Ok, there will be less than usual, but still. If they can let thousands protest all mingling together, then why not let football fans go support their teams?
It is just mental whatever happens?
Let crowds back in or none at all.

I dont know what would happen re a civil claim if heaven forbid someone caught COVID in their dump and subsequently died at a match under these conditions. Granted they would do an internal inquiry and say it was a separate entity.

The fat Japanese is a khunt, we all know that. But take away who is saying it and there’s a bit of merit in what he is actually saying.

I think we would all love to get back to Ibrox as soon as possible so im

Absolutely mental they are thinking of letting the most unhygienic fans in Scottish football through the gates first. They had to be send a letter reminding them to shower, wear deodorant and brush their teeth. How the hell are they meant to explain social distancing, face masks and hand sanitising on to this lot.

Are no other clubs involved in talks with snp? Only celtic ? snp/celtic joined at the hips.Scum.

All the fat Japanese cares about is his vile paedo club . Where is the concern for the safety of crowds..Won't be long 'til the wee track suited monkey is in the press backing him

I wouldn't put it past the b4st4rds trying to get their game against us as 1 of the test matches, and you can bet your last pound it will only be scum fans allowed in

So let me get this right.

We're saying that Peter Lawwell is now influencing the Government Chief Medical Officer's decisions in the middle of a global pandemic?

That's what we're going with, aye?

They may not have been skint last year but they sure are now. A lot can change in 12 months and Covid has rocked their boat more than it has ours.

If rumours are to be believed they’ve sold an Aberdeen level of season tickets (5,000) with a Champions League level of payroll (£60m). Whereas we’re going to sell out again.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see them enter administration soon. They’re done for.
If that’s true then The Rangers have sold twice as many season tickets as the rest of Scottish football put together. We really are The People.

It's all very social distancing in the ground but you know that say 10,000 fans are not social distancing outside the ground. I suppose it's not celtics problem then.

Their accounts do show cash reserves. Is this actual money or a line of credit.
If I have a credit card limit of £5000. I can say I have a reserve of that.
Wirecard said they had 2 billion resting in a Philippines bank.

Their fans have deserted them in droves because they can’t guarantee they’ll get into the stad du gad anytime soon.

They’ve extended their season ticket sale numerous times already and the need a big worm to hook the punters back in, being the ‘test bed’ for fans at football again is the only way they can do this.

Was going post this myself. Can’t agree more!

Surprise, surprise, the Natz changing their tune for Lawwell. What will be the next big surprise, Dundee providing the opposition?

Peter Lawwell has called on the Scottish government to let fans back into football before the national game ends up in intensive care.

The Celtic chief confirmed Record Sport’s exclusives revealing how his club has joined forces with SRU bosses to set out an a plan which will allow the padlocks to come off at Parkhead and BT Murrayfield.

Lawwell revealed he hopes to run the first ‘test event’ before the end of this month and ahead of the SPFL’s big kick-off on August 1 in a bid to prove the new campaign doesn’t need to be played behind closed doors.

Yesterday we revealed SRU chief operating officer Dominic McKay has been given a tentative green light from Holyrood to put on a trial run in front of around 1000 fans at Murrayfield on August 22, when the Pro-14 will restart with Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh clashing.

With fans returning to stadia all over Europe, Celtic hope to be given similar dispensation from parliament in a bid to prove supporters can be kept socially distanced and in a secure environment.

Speaking exclusively to Record Sport Lawwell said: “Nearly half of the nations in Europe are back playing with crowds so it’s a much more positive situation than it was just three or four weeks ago.

“We’re now seeing grounds in Denmark operating at 50 per cent capacity, Finland are up at 50 per cent and Holland hope to start on the first of September with 25 per cent. On the same day Denmark hope to get up to 100 per cent.

“These are all great signs of the progress being made around Europe and, here in Scotland, we have been working with the SRU to show that we can do something similar.

“We thank them for their help and we are working towards hosting a test event in a pre-season friendly towards the end of July. We hope we can work in collaboration with the SRU and the Government to get it up and running.”

Cash-strapped clubs who feared they may have to play on for months behind closed doors will be paying keen interest to Celtic’s proposals.

As we revealed yesterday, Lawwell has not ruled out the hope that some Celtic fans could be inside the ground to see the unfurling of a ninth successive Premiership title flag on the new season’s opening weekend.

When asked if this was a realistic target he said: “I don’t think it’s impossible, definitely not. We’ll certainly be ready for it.

“Matchday revenue is absolutely vital for Scottish clubs due to the levels of our broadcast deals.

“It’s our main income, therefore if we don’t get crowds back as soon as possible then the effects of this pandemic will be even more strongly felt than they already have been.”

In a bizarre twist, government medical adviser Professor Jason Leitch performed something of a U-turn last night, although did leave the door ajar.

He said: “I think we’re saying pretty much no chance of crowds in August. I can’t imagine physically crowds in August or September but I might be wrong. With a fair wind we could get there.

“We might run test events in that two-month period, maybe a big match with a small test crowd.

“Either rugby or football or both. Then into autumn and winter we may be able to get back to physically-distanced crowds.”

Copy and pasted, as it's a Keech Jackson/Daily Record article. Don't give them the hits.

The power of a yoofa exec compels you.

Not just the fitbaw world he's influencing.

They're not. They show the books every year. It's not lies. Much as you would like to kid on it didn't happen they got 20 plus million for Tierney last summer. Yes they have a big wage bill but they're miles from skint.
With a wage bill of 60 mill and all other costs that they have 20 mill won't last long if you have no other income.

Back