SNP MP brands McLaughlin Scotland recall ahead of Zander Clarke as utterly farcical

Two things.

1) Who?

2) What is about the SNP who claim to want the best for Scotland insisting on making decisions to the detriment of Scotland but politically and on a sporting level? Simply put, and it's not like Clarke, the Scotland manager has picked better options than but Clark and Kelly.

He’s an absolutely useless lady's front bottom just like the rest of his party. Showed zero interest in helping my family when we were looking for support from an MP. Only good thing to come from it was being able to give him some abuse!

Rangers fans and posters on here vote for Mr Newlands party

Shame on you
Your right there mate. He's my mp and had an office at one time in Renfrew.

Now what I want to know, is where is he originally from and what the f**k is some st johnstone supporting bawbag, nat james hunt doing representing the town. I blame erskine and paisley for it.

No he isn’t.
Clark had one of the worst save percentages in the whole league last season yet with the way some folk go on about him you’d think he was the second coming of Buffon.

If he never got his head on that corner this wouldn’t be a conversation.

Clark had one of the worst save percentages in the whole league last season yet with the way some folk go on about him you’d think he was the second coming of Buffon.

If he never got his head on that corner this wouldn’t be a conversation.
Mate, I said he was better than Craig Gordon. Not Buffon FFS.

Mate, I said he was better than Craig Gordon. Not Buffon FFS.
If you want to deliberately misinterpret my point then go for it. Clark has always been a bombscare. If you want to see his regular level then check the nick of him here.

Remember when politicians did their job and didn’t try to score points with voters based on their religion?

This is what the SNP have created. Political lightweights who continually court the media and social media with quotes based on their own bigotry.

Classless trash.

See the dig at us in his parliamentary motion?

What is this teuchter’s problem with Rangers? We certainly have no history with St Johnstone for it to be a footballing one.

Edit: Just seen he is from Paisley and not Perthshire, still a teuchter to me :)
Maybe he is related in some way to that old bag "Aggie" the tea lady that threw a cup at souness

See the dig at us in his parliamentary motion?

What is this teuchter’s problem with Rangers? We certainly have no history with St Johnstone for it to be a footballing one.

Edit: Just seen he is from Paisley and not Perthshire, still a teuchter to me :)
Rangers hating is a pre-requisite for all party members.

Last edited:
Fantastic news for his constituents.

Yet another warning to the Rangers-supporting turkeys-for-Christmas who insist on voting for this coalition of tyrannical bigots, racists, religious fundamentalists & deviants.

But they'll ignore it. Frankly they have no place at Ibrox.

Totally agree.

I’m more outraged that a journalist managed to get a news story out of a single tweet than I am about a St Johnston fan backing a St Johnston player.

Where did he get the idea that St. Johnstone are "supposed to keep their best players"? And why is it Steve Clarke's responsibility?

Take a chill pill mate, you sound very stressed.
I'm really not.
Not in the slightest.

Just questioning your suggestion. A question you have not answered. Preferring instead to ignore the suggestion and blame me, or rather my need for medication and my anxiety( your diagnosis), for your evasion.
I'll get back for your reply later. I'm off to the match.
Still waiting on your reply.
Whit happ'n'd. Did yer (chief) mammy send ye tae yer scratcher?

The narrative was set when Salmond and Humza et al were photographed in the Tall Crane republican pub in Govan before the Independence referendum. That's when even sensible tarr.iers had their heads turned to voting SNP. This one photo reaped massive benefits and was obviously well thought out.
With the Catholic bigot vote secured the SNP are aware from 2012 how hated Rangers are in Scotland. Its no coincidence various MSNP's show their dislike of Rangers, its not just Dornan. The sniping continues unchallenged and the votes keep mounting up for them. They have their own nationalist support and even the idiot Rangers supporters and i know of more than one.
This I'm afraid is the reality.
There was a time cretins like this would never have dared to make such comments. This will continue and get worse until the Unionist community finally stands up for itself.

Can you imagine some msp in Westminster tweeting about Southgates England selections?...nope neither can I...absolutely amateur shit up here

A once in a generation pandemic, fuel and climate crisis and people waiting 22 hours for an ambulance and we've got yahoo MSP's sulking on twitter about goalkeepers and making stupid point scoring motions about who the 2nd most successful football team over the last 10 years has been taking up valuable parliamentary time?

Forget Rangers fans voting for this lot anyone in Scotland no matter what team they support must have his or her head zipped right up the back to vote for them.

One in a line of politicians,who failed,when asked, to call for a public inquiry into the sex abuse in scottish football and in particular at celtics boys club.

STEVE CLARKE'S decision to recall Rangers goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin to the Scotland squad instead of St Johnstone's Zander Clark has found criticism from an unlikely source - SNP MP Gavin Newlands.

In Mr Newlands' opinion, Clark - who was odd man out as the national team boss went with McLaughlin and Liam Kelly behind established No 1 Craig Gordon - is a "better keeper" than the other two and has demonstrated better recent form.

Clarke left Gers keeper McLaughlin out of his last squad, citing a "little issue" at Rangers at a time when many Ibrox stars had to self-isolate following a Covid issue.

But the national team boss was adamant that the Ibrox star WAS likely to be "at the front of my mind for selection" again when he was fit and available.

And McLaughlin has done his bit - playing the last two matches for the Ibrox men and earning two clean sheets in the process.

He saved a penalty as the Ibrox men won at Dens Park - although Dundee boss James McPake felt he should have been sent off for the challenge on Paul McMullen which earned the penalty in the first place.

Kelly hasn't done badly either - helping Mothewell win four of their last five matches to keep pace at the top of the league table - with the only match the Fir Park men didn't win being a 1-1 draw against Rangers at Ibrox.

That wasn't enough, though, for St Johnstone-supporting Newlands.

He took to Twitter after the squad was announced to say: "Utterly farcical decision.

"Not only is @Zanderr1 a better keeper than both Kelly & McLaughlin, he's playing regularly & in top form which u can't say about Liam & Jon.

"How are clubs like St Johnstone supposed to keep our best players if they must move to get Scotland recognition?"

Mr Newlands previously brought a motion to the house "wholeheartedly congratulating St Johnstone Football Club on winning the Scottish Cup."

The motion "acknowledged that this victory makes St Johnstone F.C. the most successful Scottish team in the 2020-21 season and the second most successful Scottish team over the last decade."
Wee prick

Bigoted Bastard. And this is why I, nor any other union minded person will never vote for him or his like. Much like everything else, it's not down to ability, or competency, for his type it's down to who you support.

"How are clubs like St Johnstone supposed to keep our best players if they must move to get Scotland recognition?"

Would be a great point if the 3 goalkeepers selected ahead of Clark weren’t all playing in Scotland :D

Last edited:
For a politician to take to Twitter to rant about football, when
*the health service is wholly inaccessible, with the recruitment of new doctors at a record low.
*rising cost for wholesale gas will be pushing up energy costs substantially for everyone within a week,
* legal aid disputes leading to unheard of industrial action by members of the law society,
* Newly qualified teacher recruitment at a record low.
* Lowest record of educational attainment in the United Kingdom
*Lowest economic productivity level in the United Kingdom.
A type two diabetes epidemic for the foreseeable future.
Diminished GDP at a time when public service investment in no way balances societal demand .
All of this is insignificant , when the chance to gather likes for hating Rangers on social media presents itself. Scottish nationalism is like a social disease.

lady's front bottom should be trying to solve the issue of why the primary school being built round the corner from his house is going to be 6 months.

Would be a great point if the 3 goalkeepers selected ahead of Clark weren’t playing in Scotland :D

As if a St Johnstone players going to turn down a big move, because hes the back-up Scotland keeper fs

"Nah its fine Pep, honestly. Im delighted here at St Johnstone because i got a Scotland cap. I dont care how much more money you want to pay me. Perthshires the place for me"

Not remotely surprised at this latest idiocy from Newlands. When he was last on the campaign trail he tried to provoke my dad into a fight with him after my old man said he'd never vote for the SNP and asked Newlands to leave.

Have you not heard of the clubs initiative "Everyone Anyone", where anyone, irrespective of creed, colour, religion, etc is welcome at Ibrox.
I’m quite sure when the board started the initiative they didn’t think for one second that bears would vote and support the SNP , a party that is full of ira sympathisers , rangers haters and racists .

if you support the snp you cannot support rangers , the two cannot go exist

remove repeated lines

Why aren't these clowns addressing things like the drug problems/deaths in Scotland and leave football issues to the fans?

As a club we are continually subjected to these attacks by the SNP and nationalists.

I can understand that we have always taken pride in our 'stiff British upper-lip', handling ourselves with the utmost dignity, etc.... however there comes a point when I feel like we have to start fighting back against the SNP. They have made their position quite clear - they are going to continue to go after us... do we just accept this?

Many SNP people make their anti-rangers hatred and bigotry very clear.

They keep going on about anti-catholic racism which doesn't really make sense, but people should be making a bigger deal about anti-protestant racism from SNP which also doesn't really make sense, but play them at their own game.

Back