SNP Response to child abuse

Discussion in 'The Bear Pit' started by RFraserC, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:14 PM.

1. RFraserC

RFraserC Member

First response.

Population Health Directorate
    Active Scotland Division
    E: graeme.hunter@gov.scot
    Our ref: 2018/0038932 3 December 2018
    Dear

I refer to your email of 6 November 2018 to the First Minister. I have been asked to reply.
    Experiences of sexual abuse in Scottish football will have a profound and long-lasting impact on those who were abused. Ensuring children can enjoy taking part in sport in a safe and secure environment – as well as giving parents’ confidence about the safety and wellbeing of their children – is a priority for the Scottish Government.
    The Scottish FA announced the terms of reference for an independent review of non-recent sexual abuse allegations in Scottish football on 2 February 2017. The interim report was published on 26 July 2018.
    The interim report allows the Scottish FA to address some of the recommendations before the final report is published when current on-going legal cases are concluded.
    I am sure you will appreciate it would be inappropriate to comment on any individual cases – particularly when there is an ongoing criminal appeal – however, the Scottish Government unreservedly condemns the abhorrent crime of sexual abuse and is working with a range of organisations to prevent and tackle child sexual exploitation and abuse.
    Yours sincerely
    Graeme Hunter
    Victoria Quay, Edinburgh EH6 6QQ www.gov.scot

Second response.

Thank you for your reply.

However, my question was not about what the Scottish FA we’re doing about the serious sexual abuse allegations. My question was to the first minister.

I understand that the government in Scotland have decided to leave from their investigation sporting organisations and religious organisations from their sexual abuse enquires.

Could you please ask the first minister and explain to me the reasons for this and why after all the cases that are ongoing the first minister is unwilling to address this issue.

Regards

Graham ,

I would like a response directly from the First Minister.

Regards

Latest response.

Thank you for your further email – I am sure you will appreciate the First Minister receives a high volume of correspondence, therefore I am replying on her behalf.

Religious organisation are not excluded from the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry. The remit covers a wider range of care settings likechildren’s homes including those provided by faith based groups.

The remit was arrived at following extensive consultation and engagement with survivors of in-care child abuse and other interested parties. If the remit was widened now to include abuse in other settings – for example, sporting organisations – it would take many more years to conclude, and would therefore fail to respond to those survivors of in-care abuse who campaigned for many years for the type of Inquiry we have set up.

The independent review commissioned by the Scottish FA is considering historical sexual abuse in football. Martin Henry was appointed chair, his experience of many years in the field of child and public protection – and most recently national manager of child sexual abuse prevention charity Stop it Now – ensured he was well qualified for the role. As I said in my previous response, the interim report was published on 26 July 2018 and the full report will be published when ongoing legal issues are concluded.

Also, the Scottish Government has engaged with a wide range of organisations and Sports Governing Bodies to ensure safeguarding arrangements are appropriate across sport in Scotland.

Regards
    Graeme Hunter

2. RFraserC

RFraserC Member

jf1960 likes this.
  3. Rev George Walker

Rev George Walker Well-Known Member

Vomit inducing liars, and speakers of half truths. Only care homes of religious bodies fall under the remit so the bulk of religious institutions get a free pass ( for religious read RC).

The entire remit and agenda was set so Bheast FC and their spiritual wing, the RC Church avoid investigation and censure.

The SNP needs the RC vote and for the SNP that is all that matters, so a blind eye is turned to all the past abuse. Those who set the remit should themselves be jailed for aiding and abetting.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 5:17 AM
  4. Superrangers

Superrangers Well-Known Member

The fact that Stalin cares more about her voters than the rape of innocent children tells you what a scumbag she is and what a bunch of shitebags the SNP are. Were that not the case, she would take the time to write personally. What would it take her, 5 mins.

Kirbybear, Coda, steve1873 and 8 others like this.
  5. jweebear

jweebear Well-Known Member

How do you contact the chap Martin Henry? I would like to ask him if he is aware of the ongoing criminal cases of two alleged Paedophiles and the previous cases of a further two Paedophiles already convicted, all with links to Celtic Football club and their Boys Club. Also will he be including their convictions and the clear prima facie case of a Paedophile ring operating at the Celtic Boys Clubs for years in his report.

6. George Goudie

George Goudie Well-Known Member Official Ticketer

Home Page:
    They are trying to prevent abuse moving forward.

No mention of punishing those that organsised, covered up and facilitated historical child abuse though. This is what will happen. They will come up with a raft of proposals and no punishment nor acknowledgement of those that were criminally negligent.

NO JUSTICE FOR THE POOR VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES. SNP - despicable and corrupt to their "could not give a fuck" core.

7. davidwilson72

davidwilson72 New Member

Martin Henry who just so happens to be surrounded by the same dodgy connections and coincidences as the rest?

The SFA who employed and worshipped many who caused the problem in the first place?

The next year or so is going to make the cover up of the last few decades look like nothing in comparison.

alexg123, Coda, LOL 133 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Youngsa

Youngsa Active Member

No point in going to the bloke who sent the email. He’ll pass them on and get on with his job. The letter you received will give you details on how to respond if you are still unhappy. Going after the bloke who drew the short straw to answer will only get the enquiry labelled as vexatious and allow the government to ignore. Rest assured on this topic the First Minister or her senior advisors will have seen the reply and amended as necessary before it was issued.
    I work for the Government and deal with all sorts of enquiries from the public on a weekly basis........and the bloke who replied is a good guy and doesn’t deserve the hassle

TheDeli, LOL 133, Lono and 1 other person like this.
  9. davidwilson72

davidwilson72 New Member

One of many I’m going to contact, was thinking as he’s a board member of Boxing Scotland that worst case I could ask for him at their building in Glasgow when my first point of contact inevitably falls on deaf ears.

jweebear likes this.
  10. George Goudie

Home Page:

He is a place man under the direction of Shifty McGifty:

Concern over child abuse review chairman
    A charity which supports survivors of sex abuse is asking the Scottish FA to think again about the man they have appointed to chair their review of child abuse in football.

The SFA announced earlier this month that Martin Henry would take on the role.

The charity, Open Secret, says concerns have been raised about his suitability for the role

The Scottish FA said Mr Henry had "amassed unrivalled experience in many facets of child protection in a 40-year career, including his role as vice-convenor to the Scottish Parliament cross-party group on Survivors of Sexual Abuse."

• 14 Feb 2017

Arminius, dennyperkins and jweebear like this.
  11. Alex Venters

Alex Venters Well-Known Member

Spot on.

alexg123 and Superrangers like this.
  12. Calvinist

Calvinist Well-Known Member

Here’s where the SNPs justice ministers interests lie ....

[​IMG]

I wonder why ?

[​IMG]

alexg123, Coda and The Lone Sniper like this.
  13. jweebear

Still no harm in asking him a few pertinent questions, if nothing else it will alert him to the fact that people, or certain people, are not for turning a blind eye to this.

Superrangers and George Goudie like this.
  14. Coop1872

Coop1872 Well-Known Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-38976269/concern-over-child-abuse-review-chairman

Superrangers and jweebear like this.
  15. George Goudie

Home Page:
    Hoalie moaile - they really have got the SFA completely sewn up:

Henry, who worked on the safeguarding advisory group at the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St Andrews and Edinburgh, an organisation not best known for turning allegations over to the Police can hardly inspire confidence that the game in Scotland is ready to confront and punish abusers along with the Police force.

16. jweebear

The cover-up continues unabated, fecking scum.

17. The Royal Standard

The Royal Standard Well-Known Member

Spot on mate .
    All she’s interested in is self preservation.

18. RutherglenGer72

RutherglenGer72 Well-Known Member

If he was really a good guy then he would get proper answers from the proper people. This is more than an enquiry about council tax or broken traffic lights..
    In my job I do things I don't agree with, I do things I do agree with and I can assure you if someone had serious questions about the abuse and subsequent cover up of that abuse of children then I'd burst my gut to get the proper answers

alexg123 and Superrangers like this.
  19. George Goudie

Home Page:
    The Government are aware that the historical sexual abuse that took place over decades at their preferred and revered celtc, has contributed to the deaths of some players through either suicide or substance misuse, while others had suffered serious mental breakdowns.

It is heartbreaking for these poor families that they have been abandoned by their country. There is a sickening Scottish stench that the SFA are trying to stifle with the aid of Shifty McGifty - the world would be gagging if it were ever to come out. Which it wont - the rhepublic will win. There is no murder in paradise: Stalinist Russia.

Edit. 8mage changed.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 8:18 PM
  20. Div1872

Div1872 Well-Known Member

Scotland is phucked

Bheast after Bheast found guilty of abusing boys at CBC and shortly in the Dome too

Scot Govt covering up for the bastards and ignoring the Paedo ring in full view but refusing to join the dots

I’m sick of these c.unts and their rancid football club

21. flootbon

flootbon Well-Known Member

Of course it doesn't say the inquiry excludes Celtic Boys Club and the RC Church.

It does state: "The term does not include:..... children using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith based organisations on a day to day basis;......."

So the cover up is a bit more discreet.

The sports club is a stand out = Celtic.

Now what is the faith based organisation attended on a day to day basis: I give you Roman Catholic schools !

ADDENDUM

I'd challenge him on the above part of the terms of reference. Of course it excludes RC schools and other religious organisations.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:15 PM
  22. RutherglenGer72

This isn't even debatable any more. This isn't point scoring. This is about how badly these kids have been treated then and since. The snp & Catholic church are involved up to their necks in covering this up and deflecting to another group at the sfa who also are up to their necks in denial and cover up too. I've said before on this subject that any political party who don't ask questions are as shameless as the guilty. Makes my blood boil that our country is run by these bastards

23. wee bud's pit boots

wee bud's pit boots Well-Known Member

How come the SNP could apologise to the people of Manchester for 42 Rangers fans being arrested ten years ago? 42 arrests out of a crowd of 175.000?

But they're awfully quiet on five decades of child rape at the scum hut.

Any Rangers fan who votes for these vermin...…...

24. RutherglenGer72

Any reasonably minded person mate. Your right about being vermin

25. sammysun

sammysun Well-Known Member

What we need to ensure that the next elected govt. non SNP are willing to do what is needed in this country, before we give them your vote, if they try and fob us of then vote for whoever will.

George Goudie likes this.
  26. Cauldwell

Cauldwell Well-Known Member

There could be so many involved that there is always a court case going on, so they cant comment or investigate.

27. Superrangers

We need to get them out. They are not fit to govern.

28. RutherglenGer72

They never have been

29. Sam English

Sam English Well-Known Member

There has to be calls for a full investigation at some point.

Or, are the SNP hoping to sit just tight and hope that it eventually blows over.

30. RutherglenGer72

That tactic has been snp policy for years

31. wee bud's pit boots

wee bud's pit boots Well-Known Member

SNP Scotland.

A shite hole of a country where legal tax schemes are considered more abhorrent than child abuse.

alexg123, Kirbybear, Gordy61 and 3 others like this.
  32. Rangersmandownunder

Rangersmandownunder Active Member

All original members of the investigation committee, including the chair, have quite, mostly due to "governmental interference", which is of course denied by the SNP.

https://www.holyrood.com/articles/n...l-member-scottish-child-abuse-inquiry-resigns

When the investigation was announced there were calls to widen it to include all religious and sporting organisations, its only several years down the line they play the "it will take too long and the victims suffer" card, now it is patently evident why.

33. Superrangers

Not to forget the demonising and jailing of people for singing songs, while turning a blind eye to paedophile scum.

34. HillbillyRFC

HillbillyRFC Well-Known Member

That second email is quite simply a lie.

“Religious organisation are not excluded from the Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry. The remit covers a wider range of care settings likechildren’s homes including those provided by faith based groups.”

This is from the BBC’s story last year on it where victims said the remit wasn’t wide enough https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&s...aw2vnWxf-dZwae4JXoGvTfaH&ust=1544212268190134
    • Children's homes (including residential care provided by faith based groups);
    • Secure care units including List D schools;
    • Borstals and Young Offenders' Institutions;
    • Places provided for Boarded Out children in the Highlands and Islands;
    • State, private and independent Boarding Schools, including state funded school hostels;
    • Healthcare establishments providing long term care, and any similar establishments intended to provide children with long term residential care.
    • Children in foster care.
    But it does not cover children who were abused while living with their natural or adoptive families, while using sports and leisure clubs or attending faith based organisations on a day to day basis.”

It has as little to do with religious groups and sports groups as possible for pretty obvious reasons. Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas and catholics won’t be voting for the SNP any more if they dig any deeper.

35. RutherglenGer72

There should be more digging into not only the snp but the Catholic church, two cheeks of the same arse

alexg123, Kirbybear, Arminius and 2 others like this.
  36. amabluestar

amabluestar Well-Known Member

Once so many cases go through court all with guilty as charged the gates will open and it will all come out.
    Yesterdays guilty case against another cretin only puts this in one direction.
    A certain boys club was not mentioned throughout this trial, but it was today in pape rs.
    It will take a while, but it will all be out in the open eventually.

37. nemessis

nemessis Well-Known Member

Since you work for the government then why are they giving the real perpetrators indemnity ? and what do you suggest should be done by all who are concerned about a government half cover up?

38. George Goudie

Home Page:
    It won't. Ever.

Unless the poor victims and their families pursue justice.

Hundreds of victims have so far failed to come forward.

What there should be is a trust fund set up for the poor victims (funded by the Scottish government) so that compensating the families for their decades of torture can start immediately.

If justice is finally 'seen to being done' it may encourage others to come forward as they see it's no longer a lost cause and that celtc are culpable.

When the criminals are finally all named, imprisoned and shamed, when all the disparate cases are conjoined with celtc at the core - only then will the truth out. Then the Government could pursue the compensation paid out by those that were judged criminally negligent. Either the individuals or the club they worked for.

I just don't see anyone willing to take on the corrupt SFA or the insidious celtc darkweb aided and abetted by Opus Dei.

My prediction. FWIW. Thomson's Solicitors will settle out of court for those currently pursuing the club and there will be gagging clauses galore - all the while the remaining hundreds of poor anonymous victims carry their 3 decades of pain on in secret for evermore.

It's heartbreaking.

sammysun likes this.
  39. Sam English

Sam English Well-Known Member

Really hope that that is what happens. Both the victims and their families deserve that at the very least.

jf1960 likes this.
  40. George Goudie

Home Page:
    It won't happen Sam. The last 4 decades have shown is that it's buried.

Individuals will be pursued and prosecuted - but the dots will never be joined up. This will leave hundreds of victims too afraid to come forward with their stories.

We need to examine closely the events of the last 30 years in this country. The political machinations, the infestation of: the football authorities, the judiciary and the government - all the chess pieces have been lined up perfectly. There will be no justice served on that club - it will be the most despicable legal stalemate of all time.

41. amabluestar

amabluestar Well-Known Member

It will come out, and one day it will be checkmate.

42. gersfanal

gersfanal Active Member

Are they're no victims who have come out to state their case !
    Have they been silenced ?

43. Superrangers

I hope you are right. All of those victims deserve justice and those culpable of the acts and their cover up, need punished within the fullest extent of the law.

44. jf1960

jf1960 Well-Known Member

Just done it see if he replies

45. A kind of blue

A kind of blue Well-Known Member

Even that is highly selective, scum fans are singing terrorist songs encouraged by the stadium announcer, raising banners, hanging effigies. A blind eye is turned to that also.

Superrangers likes this.
  46. Superrangers

Absolutely. Scotland is rotten to the core. Ruled by biased, corrupt, self-serving scum.

A kind of blue likes this.
  47. geoallison

geoallison Well-Known Member

What a pile of shite.
    Cover up, they are kidding no one.

Arminius likes this.
  48. LOL 133

LOL 133 Well-Known Member

Martin Henry was hand picked for a reason and it wasnt because of his experience or qualifications.

Arminius and jweebear like this.
  49. LOL 133

I think you know this will not happen.

50. LOL 133

They know it'll blow over.