So after a troubled start the team is starting to gel

two2tango

Official Ticketer
Think the team is starting to look better each week

Understandings developing all over the pitch

the new players look real gems, el buffalo looking the pick of the bunch, very impressed by the lad.

Pedro has a massive couple of weeks ahead, win all three games and we will rightly get carried away a bit and expect a title challenge.

The only negatives for me is the blind spots for miller and kranjcar who both look done at the highest level.

If pedro can stop making them fist picks and pena comes good. We have the makings of a very decent team

Great few weeks for the team and things could have been so much better but for beatons cheating performance, which really sticks in my craw still cant get over it still angry!

Can't disagree with anything you have said there. Although I do still like having Kranjcar in the team, just for his passing ability alone. I'm hoping for a big season from Pena, looks like he has the potential to be a cracker.

Starting to really like Windass too, after the shite he served up last season, he really looks like a player.

As players get to know each other's game we'll improve more, I know it's obvious but Rangers Fans are not the most patient

I still think we need four or Five players if we are to win the league and a striker to compliment Morelos, that could be Herrera but neither ever seem to get on the Pitch at the same time.
Left back/right back is weak areas and we still need a Midfielder that can see the runs and pick a pass.
Dorrans needs more time as he could be the Playmaker not fully fit just now.

I think half the reason why Miller and niko look poor is down to the fact they are both playing in the same team. Particularly niko. He still has the talent.

I think remove Kenny from the starting 11 will afford us to have niko in the first 11. That said, there should be no onus on him to track back and tackle.

He is god awful at tackling

We're getting closer to where we need to be. If we can get a result next saturday I could really see us going on a brilliant run of form.

Yes, I believe it is. My optimism is slowly increasing. A long, long way to go - including dealing with the filth - but I sense that the enthusiasm is stronger for most of us than it was this time last year.

Things definitely starting to look positive.

Pedro had a massive job on his hands clearing out all the duds from Warburton's time and trying to keep those still being kept on happy at the same time as introducing many new faces and helping them settle as well.

Candieas is one of the best crossers of a ball I have seen at Ibrox for a long time, the way he picked out Windass on Saturday was sublime and he consistently gets the ball right into the danger area.

Morelos looks the complete striker, strong, persistent, aggressive and a natural goal scorer.

October is a big month - we play serious games then and we haven't won many of them

Wins against Dundee, Ross County should be a given that's likely to be 2 of the bottom 3

Had we not been cheated by an appalling refereeing display, we'd most likely be sitting joint top. Things certainly seem to be improving. A big couple of weeks coming up.

I think out strongest 11 could be

Wes

Tav Bruno Cardoso Wallace

Candieas Jack Dorrans Windass

Pena

Morelos

4-4-1-1 which turns in to a 4-5-1 if needed Pena drops back extra protection in Mid.

I'd be happy with that. We need to go for the throat right away and we will struggle if both Miller and Kranjcar start.

Our first game under pressure will tell us a lot - Pedro's record to date has been poor in this type of game, but I for one have been impressed at how quickly he has went about dismantling last years shambles. We are streets ahead of last seasons impostors, but we still need to strengthen in a couple of areas to put up a sustained and sustainable push for the league.

I think out strongest 11 could be

Wes

Tav Bruno Cardoso Wallace

Candieas Jack Dorrans Windass

Pena

Morelos

4-4-1-1 which turns in to a 4-5-1 if needed Pena drops back extra protection in Mid.

We'd get more from Dorrans and have Pena in his most effective position if we payed this imo :-

Fod

Tav Cardoso Alves Wallace

Pena Jack

Candeias Dorrans Windass

Morelos

Think the team is starting to look better each week

Understandings developing all over the pitch

the new players look real gems, el buffalo looking the pick of the bunch, very impressed by the lad.

Pedro has a massive couple of weeks ahead, win all three games and we will rightly get carried away a bit and expect a title challenge.

The only negatives for me is the blind spots for miller and kranjcar who both look done at the highest level.

If pedro can stop making them fist picks and pena comes good. We have the makings of a very decent team

Great few weeks for the team and things could have been so much better but for beatons cheating performance, which really sticks in my craw still cant get over it still angry!

Agree with all of the above. Would like a back up centre half and another striker in January if we are still in touch at the top though.

I'd be happy with that. We need to go for the throat right away and we will struggle if both Miller and Kranjcar start.

Playing with Miller and Niko is like starting the game with 9 men, if any of those 2 start in the OF we will get slaughtered.

Take care of Partick, and then focus on them

That lot are absolutely due a doing from us. We need to man up and be at it.

I still think defensively we are incredibly suspect. Teams have missed absolute sitters in every game against us.

Strangely though I think we are better than we were in that regard

re Pena:

I'd start him on Friday and probably Tuesday to see if he can get match fitness.
If he doesn't look up to it then he wouldn't be starting the OF game

Pena isn't a sitting Midfielder though.
Do your research. The guy is a box to box midfielder who's best form is when playing in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1 formation. His partner is the sitting midfielder, he is box to box. He can also play central attacking midfield, but when moved here his form slumped.

Do your research. The guy is a box to box midfielder who's best form is when playing in the 2 of a 4-2-3-1 formation. His partner is the sitting midfielder, he is box to box. He can also play central attacking midfield, but when moved here his form slumped.

More attacking than box to box any time i've watched him here and in Mexico.

In fairness, we have to consider any changes to his game, and differences in how Mexican football plays out as compared to Scottish football.

So far, it looks like playing him deeper wouldn't be best for him. We haven't had a lot to go on though.

Dorrans' game has certainly changed as well. I knew we weren't getting the WBA player, and it seems he's became more of a "behind the ball" midfielder over the years.

More attacking than box to box any time i've watched him here and in Mexico.

Obviously the player who provides the greater goal threat plays further forward, Dorrans is neat and tidy but shouldn't be playing off Morelos.

Let's have Pena playing off Morelos against Patrick and see how we get on.

In fairness, we have to consider any changes to his game, and differences in how Mexican football plays out as compared to Scottish football.

So far, it looks like playing him deeper wouldn't be best for him. We haven't had a lot to go on though.

Dorrans' game has certainly changed as well. I knew we weren't getting the WBA player, and it seems he's became more of a "behind the ball" midfielder over the years.
I would accept that. It just seems to me that we have two players who have, in the past been very effective in one position and less effective in another. Pena as the box to box and Dorrans as the CAM utilises both players qualities better. Whether it works for us in this league remains unanswered

We seem to be getting better middle to front. We haven't really been tested defensively, that will come. I think that will tell us how much to expect from this season.

I'd like to think so, IMO Miller and Niko have no place in the 1st 11 they slow us right down.
Agree with this, they should be impact subs at best, although Kenny has had a stinking start to the season, he should really be sitting on 5 goals.

Niko will do us a turn imo in tight games going into the last 20 minutes with the way he can pass a ball.

Agree with this, they should be impact subs at best, although Kenny has had a stinking start to the season, he should really be sitting on 5 goals.

Niko will do us a turn imo in tight games going into the last 20 minutes with the way he can pass a ball.

Said for ages Millers sitters will cost us points, thank %^*& for Morelos eh ? if this was last season we'd be sitting bottom 6 right now.

Partick can be quite difficult to break down so we need our best attacking players on there, Pena cost us 2.5mill and although rusty he will be an upgrade on Miller once up to speed, Miller is 37 ffs, he should be coming off the bench and that is all.

Agree with this. We are starting to click and create/score chances. The concern is Miller being shoehorned into the team every game, the balance is all wrong and same can apply to Niko. It's no coincidence we looked far better once the changes had been made on Saturday.

Impossible to tell until we play that lot.

They unfortunately are the bench mark of where we need to be.

Krancjar is an option for the #10 role and absolutely not left mid. But there are signs of the team starting to build something. Granted, it's not always been pretty but it's important that we are able to win games ugly and win games that we might not deserve to. Massive qualities required to challenge for honours.

Big couple of weeks ahead, I hope we are building enough momentum to be competitive against the beasts.

Promising signs but still a long way to go. Impressed with some of the summer signings and Windass improving. Kenny and Niko getting a bit of stick but still important squad players for us, maybe just not starting every game.

Back