So after a troubled start the team is starting to gel

Lets not get too carried away. Both Dundee and Ross County are poor and we have failed to win the 2 games we've played against prospective top 6 sides. That being said, there is a clear improvement on last season.

Lets not get too carried away. Both Dundee and Ross County are poor and we have failed to win the 2 games we've played against prospective top 6 sides. That being said, there is a clear improvement on last season.

I agree, Dundee are utter mince.

Whilst I understand the opposition has been low quality look at the stats from this team compared to last year. There is definite improvement and should be more to come.

Difference from last season we are now beating the lower placed teams rather than throwing points away against them so long may it continue

A turn around of 23/24 players.

Was never going to click into place at the push of a button.

How are AC Milan and Everton getting on. Two sides that have spent millions and brought in numerous faces?

Clear signs of improvement, we are certainly heading in a positive direction.

Okay. Dundee may well have been poor but you can only beat what's in front of you - Saturday, had it not been for poor execution, we would have scored at least 6...

We've got the makings of a very good team and squad. If we can continue to add one/two/three players with genuine quality, then we will be even better. Our away league record under Caixinha is solid, improve our home record and we are in great shape.

You just have to read all the comments on Steve Parish and Frank de Boer - Rome wasn't built in a day.

Still too open for me and we will get punished against the better teams imo 442 won't work against the better sides imo.

Also you can question the manager continually picking Miller it's hurting us.

Yes we look better but let's see how we get on in the bigger games.

We seem to be getting better middle to front. We haven't really been tested defensively, that will come. I think that will tell us how much to expect from this season.
This in spades. In these games we will see the true value of having a clever DM like Jack protecting the backline.

I still think defensively we are incredibly suspect. Teams have missed absolute sitters in every game against us.

Strangely though I think we are better than we were in that regard
In every game against any team the lesser team will always get a chance or 2 to score. In every game we have also missed alot more than 1 absolute sitter. I have no concerns about our defence now, and its a million times better than its been for a good few years.

Still too open for me and we will get punished against the better teams imo 442 won't work against the better sides imo.

Also you can question the manager continually picking Miller it's hurting us.

Yes we look better but let's see how we get on in the bigger games.

Post match interview with Pedro Caixinha sounds like he's ready to make a few changes, well it did to me. He wasn't happy with two things; his selection and conceding a goal. At least his changes worked.

We will see what he does in Friday!

For me, we cannot go in to the game against them with 4-4-2 formation. That's just asking for trouble.

I still think defensively we are incredibly suspect. Teams have missed absolute sitters in every game against us.

Strangely though I think we are better than we were in that regard
Correct
Our full backs (Tav in particular) allow far to many crosses into the box, Saturday again at the start of the 2nd half showed this.

Post match interview with Pedro Caixinha sounds like he's ready to make a few changes, well it did to me. He wasn't happy with two things; his selection and conceding a goal. At least his changes worked.

We will see what he does in Friday!

For me, we cannot go in to the game against them with 4-4-2 formation. That's just asking for trouble.

I watched the game again yesterday and the space Dundee were finding in between our CBs and fullbacks was worrying and they looked a threat when they got forward. Against them we can't go with 2 in midfield they will eat that up imo.

Niko should be brought on for the last half hour when the other team are tired and he can pass and do his wee flicks and turns to run them ragged. He is older now and was never the fastest but his football brain is still there and for that last half hour, he can still be our Wee Prime Minister.

Can't disagree with anything you have said there. Although I do still like having Kranjcar in the team, just for his passing ability alone. I'm hoping for a big season from Pena, looks like he has the potential to be a cracker.

Starting to really like Windass too, after the shite he served up last season, he really looks like a player.
Windass is an interesting wee conundrum who would have wanted him in the team after the end of the season. Granted we are only a few games in but for me he has been exciting all be it in patches . Looking forward to getting Pena in the team I think he could be the catalyst for a really exciting front line.

Make no mistake

The current team subbing Josh and Pena (or Herrera) in for Niko and Miller is capable of a title. On paper we beat every team.

But we have no depth for injuries in defence or attack. It will cost us. Unless we land lucky til Christmas stay in touch and sign 2 in January

Motherwell will be a top 6 club imo.

Long way to go. Thought we were bang average on Saturday ( playing with 2 passengers) until about 70 minutes. I would dread playing the bheasts with our starting 11 on Saturday.
I like Windass but am concerned about his defensive discipline

Long way to go. Thought we were bang average on Saturday ( playing with 2 passengers) until about 70 minutes. I would dread playing the bheasts with our starting 11 on Saturday.
I like Windass but am concerned about his defensive discipline

Miller and Kranjcar certainly never had there best games, but to say we were playing with 2 passengers is a bit disrespectful mate.

Trust me, if we had been playing with 9 men then you would've noticed the difference.

Whilst I understand the opposition has been low quality look at the stats from this team compared to last year. There is definite improvement and should be more to come.

No doubt about it.

This team would have taken 4 or 5 off last years imposters. Things are moving in the right direction. Hopefully we get 2 good performances and results against Thistle to set us up nicely against Scum FC

Definitely looked to be getting better with each game. As would be expected though.

Still room for improvement as well.

Would probably swap in Herrera and windass for Friday. Get pena a decent appearance from the subs bench and a start in the cup.

Big test will be the celtic game obviously hoping for at least a draw.

A couple of wins in a row, seven goals scored in them and we're a little more optimistic, but that's all it really is for me at this stage.

We need to build momentum and confidence so back to back wins over Thistle are essential, but the litmus test, as it was always going to be, is the Celtic game.

I still think he needs to take something from that before we can really begin to say we're seeing any definite or lasting improvement.

Two good results, but results we should be expecting! One game at a time, I'm refusing to get carried away just yet. Some big games coming up, we'll find out where we really are over the next three

A turn around of 23/24 players.

Was never going to click into place at the push of a button.

How are AC Milan and Everton getting on. Two sides that have spent millions and brought in numerous faces?

Clear signs of improvement, we are certainly heading in a positive direction.

Okay. Dundee may well have been poor but you can only beat what's in front of you - Saturday, had it not been for poor execution, we would have scored at least 6...

We've got the makings of a very good team and squad. If we can continue to add one/two/three players with genuine quality, then we will be even better. Our away league record under Caixinha is solid, improve our home record and we are in great shape.

You just have to read all the comments on Steve Parish and Frank de Boer - Rome wasn't built in a day.
Well that's a very fair assessment imo.I wish to furk folk would stop setting targets for the next 2 or 3 games as a must win or take minimum 7 from 9 etc. I want us to win every furkn game we play but I know we won't. Listen the last 5 years have been hell for the ssupport we've suffered amateur level football at times and I think at times that does a disservice to them some really awfull results and major upheval at every level of the club.So going forward if we lose or draw a couple or more it's not the end of the world ffs I can handle it. We are only 5 games in with as you have alluded to mate a brand new team. People need to relax a bit that's when you experience the best of life

I'm taiking it 1 game at a time ,2 wins on the bounce is encouraging
Still feel with this team ,first goal is crucial,as teams are setting up to frustrate.
We get the goal they open up an it's a massive help
As others have said
Millie's an kranjkar should be used as subs
IMO
Better to have pace an power

Still super nervous every match
Need a run of wins up to the game against them

Back