So far this season

BigBuff

So far this season after being away to Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs and Celtic we are sitting with

Won 9
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Clean sheets 9
Scored 26
Conceded 3

And we have also just qualified again for the Europa League, we are definitely on the right track

And we need to continue on in the same vein.

As much as we made them look like donkeys (again) at the weekend, we know that group of players and manager are capable of going on a long winning run simply because their squad is better than the other shîte in the league. We really can't afford to drop many points, if any.

And we need to continue on in the same vein.

As much as we made them look like donkeys (again) at the weekend, we know that group of players and manager are capable of going on a long winning run simply because their squad is better than the other shîte in the league. We really can't afford to drop many points, if any.
100% this form counts for nothing if we don't kick on from it, the goals Conceded is the best part of them stats of you ask me

I'd also include Motherwell on the list of tough away games.

We've given ourselves a great platform first quarter. We need to hammer it home 2nd quarter.

we are definitely on the right track but consistency and maintaining results over a season has been our downfall in the past.
I actually forgot all about Motherwell mate, its laughable people in the press said they had the tougher start to the season

I actually forgot all about Motherwell mate, its laughable people in the press said they had the tougher start to the season
I think I'm right in saying they've only played Kilmarnock away out of the top 6 or 7 teams from last season before it was stopped.

At home they've had us, Hibs, Aberdeen (postponed), Livingstone, & Motherwell.

We'll have to do it all again in the new year of course but we've definitely had the harder run of fixtures so far.

I'd also include Motherwell on the list of tough away games.

We've given ourselves a great platform first quarter. We need to hammer it home 2nd quarter.

we are definitely on the right track but consistency and maintaining results over a season has been our downfall in the past.
If we can make this next quarter count, this is where the league can be won IMO. They have a tougher run of games, there's a little discontent at the moment in their ranks. If they were to slip further behind it could be the nail in the coffin. But as always, our biggest threat to winning this league is ourselves. We simply cannot capitulate again

Interesting few weeks ahead. Let's see how both teams respond?

Last season we heard the same; Lennon's lost the dressing room, close to imploding, they will drop points etc. We were the ones that got ahead of ourselves and completely collapsed.

It's got to be different this time around. We need wins, consistency, find the ability to put together winning runs, take three points when we've not been at our best and look like dropping our points. Applying pressure and taking our opportunities are a must.

Thus far we look a different animal. Both in terms of the way we play and how Gerrard has gone about his management. Long may that continue.

If we can make this next quarter count, this is where the league can be won IMO. They have a tougher run of games, there's a little discontent at the moment in their ranks. If they were to slip further behind it could be the nail in the coffin. But as always, our biggest threat to winning this league is ourselves. We simply cannot capitulate again
I think so, also do they not have the Scottish Cup which is going to mean they have more league games to catch up on

Last season we heard the same; Lennon's lost the dressing room, close to imploding, they will drop points etc. We were the ones that got ahead of ourselves and completely collapsed.

It's got to be different this time around. We need wins, consistency, find the ability to put together winning runs, take three points when we've not been at our best and look like dropping our points. Applying pressure and taking our opportunities are a must.

Thus far we look a different animal. Both in terms of the way we play and how Gerrard has gone about his management. Long may that continue.
The only way he loses the dressing room is when we apply pressure on them for a period of time

It really is all about what we do

I think those games where you look like dropping points, then snatch the 3 are the ones that make the biggest difference. Its a massive boost to us and at the same time a kick in the stones to them. Look how many times last season alone we thought "right today's the day they drop something" then they score. It was like the same story over and over. It totally drained any belief out of us and at the same time galvanised them

I dunno about that to be honest I think we were all saying that we had to win every game and then dropping anything would be against that lot.

Saturday doesn't take away from our 2 silly draws and the not learning from last season. However the league table doesn't lie and glad to be at the top. Whatever it takes.

Have we not been pretty similar they last 2 seasons at the start ? It’s keeping it together after Xmas wee need to concentrate on , I think the difference between this season tho and the last 2 is squad depth , we know have the squad depth to deal with a European run and stay strong in the league

This all day long. Even if they do have problems we have to be setting a high standard and points total.

I've said it before but, after this first round of fixtures, this is championship winning form. The (obvious) key is maintaining it.

Have we not been pretty similar they last 2 seasons at the start ? It’s keeping it together after Xmas wee need to concentrate on , I think the difference between this season tho and the last 2 is squad depth , we know have the squad depth to deal with a European run and stay strong in the league
Every year we have had slight improvements, id like to see what our goals scored to conceded was compared to this time last season, I'd imagine its much better

Just remember that we have to go to all these places twice before the split. They only go once.

Now at least one of those teams (Livingston) probably won’t make the top 6. So it needn’t balance out.

Also they are mathematical certainties to get at least one of them 3 times at home. And equally certain is that we will be away three times to one of them.

At the moment I’d put money on them three times at home to Hibs and us at Easter Road three times.

I could be wrong, the random computer may well come up with something different.

Every year we have had slight improvements, id like to see what our goals scored to conceded was compared to this time last season, I'd imagine its much better
I remember starting last season on fire and been mega confident going in to the first old firm , I new we lost that and think 1 other draw in something like our first 20 odd games

This also like to see it compared to before we went down and Walters last year also to get a grasp of how well we are doing.

We've yet to string more than 3 wins in a row together so the next few fixtures are crucial, particularly Kilmarnock (A).

We have to assume they are good enough to win all their up and coming league games in a tricky fixture list for them and go on a run of games ourselves that we can say may be Championship winning. There is still a long way to go yet but the signs are good so far. We do however need to go on the type of run that has eluded us so far.

The next half dozen league games coming up are massive. They have 2/3 tricky fixtures that could hopefully take points from them. If we can go on a run and hope that their heads are down then it's looking good. Fingers crossed.

Definitely on the right track and I'd suggest we've had the much tougher start to the season with visits to Pittodrie, Easter Road, Fir Park and Livi.

We really need to put the pressure on that lot now!

One game at a time. Keep the pressure on and I’m convinced they will implode. The cracks are already there. Last year we let them off the hook. This year needs to be different.

Livingston were 6th in the table on Saturday after the final whistle went at the Knewcamp so by then we had played 4 of the teams from 2nd to 6th away from home.

The roles are reversed now and the yahoos have to face these teams away and mostly after Europa games as well when they might be tired.

Trying to fit last season’s Scottish cup into the mix will also cost them big time with fixture backlogs and a big points gap to overhaul.

Go ahead Doncaster I dare you to call the league on average points per game anytime soon.

I think those games where you look like dropping points, then snatch the 3 are the ones that make the biggest difference. Its a massive boost to us and at the same time a kick in the stones to them. Look how many times last season alone we thought "right today's the day they drop something" then they score. It was like the same story over and over. It totally drained any belief out of us and at the same time galvanised them

Livingston away, barely troubled at the back, created umpteen chances, missed sitters and just couldn't find that goal.

Hibs away we played poor in the first half but through out the 90 we created a ridiculous amount of chances. Morelos header, Helander chance, Kent and Arfield should have all scored. Defending was unlike what we've seen this season and their second was offside.

Those are the games in seasons gone by that the bheggars find a way of winning. We need to find that.

So far this season after being away to Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs and Celtic we are sitting with

Won 9
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Clean sheets 9
Scored 26
Conceded 3

And we have also just qualified again for the Europa League, we are definitely on the right track
After the 2 draws the overreaction was hideous to see.

The first, on the worst playing surface I have ever seen.
The second, at one of the toughest places to go in Scottish football and only dropped points to horrendous officiating.

We need to remember we are up against it.

We will drop more points sometimes through a bad game, sometimes due to bad decisions, sometimes bad luck. This team deserves a support that realise that, not a bunch of goons contorting their faces and abusing their own.

Leave that to the other mob.

We have played 4 out of 5 of last years top 6 away from home in the first quarter of a season.

arguably you could swap Hibs and St Johnstone also and say well it’s 5/5 of last seasons top 6 away from home. And we stand at that record.

its a great start , we must continue and any chance we play at home on Saturdays , RAMP up the pressure on that lot when they have to go away to Aberdeen , Hibs , Motherwell , Livi , they will struggle but we must do our part.

We have played 4 out of 5 of last years top 6 away from home in the first quarter of a season.

arguably you could swap Hibs and St Johnstone also and say well it’s 5/5 of last seasons top 6 away from home. And we stand at that record.

its a great start , we must continue and any chance we play at home on Saturdays , RAMP up the pressure on that lot when they have to go away to Aberdeen , Hibs , Motherwell , Livi , they will struggle but we must do our part.
Hopefully this time is going to be different the fact we have beat them and are straight onto prep for another game has got to be good

Those 2 draws still wind me up - especially Livingston. Anyway, cautiously optimistic, but we're only 25% of the way there.

Those 2 draws still wind me up - especially Livingston. Anyway, cautiously optimistic, but we're only 25% of the way there.
The hibs one is the annoying one for me, we had chances even at 2-2 and the dodgy goal makes it even worse

We've played them off the park in the last three OF games and only lost the Cup Final when the linesman failed to spot a quarter of the Celtc team offside at their "goal".
In Europe we have been nothing short of excellent both at home and away. We have made huge strides in this sphere.
The two stats in the OP that is still a real concern, are those draws at Livi and Hivs. They were not a blip because those type of games have been our achilles heel for a while now. That mob, while playing like the shite we know they are, dug out wins at St Johnstone and Dundee Utd. I appreciate though that it is undeniable that most of the other opponents raise their game to a higher level against Rangers than they do against the Scum. The reason for that, no doubt in my mind, is the historical enmity towards us by those of a certain demographic. Some of whom have been more vocal about TIAR than the Celtc players. Solve and overcome that continuing problem then we are almost there.

I say almost because most officialdom, on and off the park, can still influence events to large degree. I would contend that any influence they do exhort will be to the detriment of Rangers.

I dare to dream though, and that dream has becomes more tangible after the weekend.

If we manage 9 wins and 2 draws in our next 11 league fixtures it'll be a damn good run.

Anything better would be phenomenal.

We're gonna have the odd dropped point here and there. I fully believe we're better equipped to deal with that this season.

If we manage 9 wins and 2 draws in our next 11 league fixtures it'll be a damn good run.

Anything better would be phenomenal.

We're gonna have the odd dropped point here and there. I fully believe we're better equipped to deal with that this season.
Agreed, we need to be ready to accept if we do or draw though not to go into meltdown like last time

As mentioned by Martin on H&H next Sunday is huge. A game we have completely failed in the last 2 years and the sort of fixture that lot will be looking too for us to drop points.

If we go there, struggle and drop points the pressure is back on us, we will have let them off the hook again, and the legitimate questions of us being able to genuinely challenge will be asked again. Every time we have got our noses ahead in the last 2 years we have messed up and Rugby Park is the place we always seem to do that.

Win comfortably to go 7 clear and all the pressure is on them.

We've been absolutely outstanding, but it doesn't mean much if we don't keep winning. It makes no difference if we win the first 11 games 4-0, if we drop points in the next few the scum will likely scrape enough jammy wins to catch up, and then we're right back where we started.

Next time we’re at Livi , should be full throttle from first minute , no respect shown
We didn’t start trying until the 80th minute

And didn't their goalie not have a wonder save thrown in for good measure to

100% this form counts for nothing if we don't kick on from it, the goals Conceded is the best part of them stats of you ask me
We have a colossal battle ahead of us, make no mistake.

But we do now also know the lay of the land, atleast the majority of the players do, so we are much better equipped to execute our plan and rip the title from their filthy trotters.

Agreed, we need to be ready to accept if we do or draw though not to go into meltdown like last time

To be honest, more than ever before the reaction of the fans is somewhat unimportant.

The team have reacted well to the disappointment of the Hibs game. That's the main thing.

We are on track for bang on 100 points with current form. That would be enough to win the league.

We need to go and win the next 6+ games now and really pile the pressure on them.

Back