So how much did we net $ wise on the EC run?

Think some of the sums on here may be a little up in the clouds, but conservatively it still looks like being around the £20m mark.

We do still have a £24m loss to contend with remember, but some decent trading this summer should hopefully see us at the very least more or less break even in the next set of accounts.
Just about 17 million in prize 12 million in gate money played 2 Germany teams they pay good money for TV rights could be 40 million easily

Think some of the sums on here may be a little up in the clouds, but conservatively it still looks like being around the £20m mark.

We do still have a £24m loss to contend with remember, but some decent trading this summer should hopefully see us at the very least more or less break even in the next set of accounts.
Just about 17 million in prize 12 million in gate money played 2 Germany teams they pay good money for TV rights could be 40 million easily

Players in the last year of their contracts that walk for free next summer should be sold in the next few months - don’t care who they are.

We cannot afford any more Goldson’s.

It’s also a major reason why Celtic won the league, their rebuild was financed off 2 big sales.
What if they don’t want to leave? We can’t force them to leave nor can we force them to extend their deals.

Whether it's £20m, £30m, £40m or whatever, worth bearing in mind that's income and not profit. There are significant costs incurred for every tie we play, both home and away, not to mention player bonuses for progressing. Just urging caution if anyone thinks Gio is suddenly going to have tens of millions to spend. I'd like think he'll get a good proportion of the EL profit, plus hopefully any income from player sales will be reinvested in full.

Whether it's £20m, £30m, £40m or whatever, worth bearing in mind that's income and not profit. There are significant costs incurred for every tie we play, both home and away, not to mention player bonuses for progressing. Just urging caution if anyone thinks Gio is suddenly going to have tens of millions to spend. I'd like think he'll get a good proportion of the EL profit, plus hopefully any income from player sales will be reinvested in full.
He will get about 25 million I think

The fixture list is agreed upon before the season starts.
It is arranged around the international breaks in nearly every major league in the world.
Had we played the games against The Filth and Aberdeen as they had been arranged, we would have been going into them on form and on a run of wins whilst both of these clubs were struggling and in The Filth's case, they had major problems with their squad.

Had we won both these games, it would have meant a difference of five points to us and given us a nine point lead over them and indeed for The Filth it may have altered their entire approach to the winter break and their spending as they may have decided that it was the wrong time to spend chasing a league that was looking beyond them.

In the end, we would lose two points to Aberdeen and The Filth would have their re=arranged game under the floodlights at their stadium in a midweek fixture, always a huge advantage for either of the Glasgow clubs.

Make no mistake the biggest factor in their league win was their desperate success in avoiding a crucial fixture that they were dreading.
This was an exact replication of their devious manipulations in 2008 that saw them steal another title.
The power a Club has to request or activate a postponement should be tightened up considerably. That's twice the vermin have manipulated fixtures against us in a cowardly manner to gain an advantage, and it worked both times.
Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on us...

Very true, I was being overly simplistic.

Celtic manage it, so can we, though each case is different.
Not saying you don’t get it, you obviously do. There’s countless posts on this subject every day with folk criticising Ross Wilson etc.

People need to realise these two points tho. The players hold all the power, Ross Wilson should be commended for some of the signings we’ve made over last few years.

All good points, but the turnover figure is extremely good indicator of the financial well being of the club.

If Morelos, Kent or Aribo walk away for free next summer after Goldson this year then questions 100% need to be asked about the board and Wilson.
If the player decides to run down a contract, or we don’t get acceptable bids, then not much we can do. For all we know Goldson may have said he was running down the contract and that was that. We are starting to see it happen more and more, as the in demand players know they are gonna get hefty wages due to the lack of transfer fee. Ramsey and Mbappe are just two off the top of my head.

You could also argue that if the option was to punt Goldson for £3m last year or keep him in order to make a dent in Europe, then arguably it was a good decision, given the run we had. What you don’t want to do is lose a £8m-£20m player for nothing. So hopefully the futures of the 3 players you mentioned gets sorted one way or another this summer.

The fixture list is agreed upon before the season starts.
It is arranged around the international breaks in nearly every major league in the world.
Had we played the games against The Filth and Aberdeen as they had been arranged, we would have been going into them on form and on a run of wins whilst both of these clubs were struggling and in The Filth's case, they had major problems with their squad.

Had we won both these games, it would have meant a difference of five points to us and given us a nine point lead over them and indeed for The Filth it may have altered their entire approach to the winter break and their spending as they may have decided that it was the wrong time to spend chasing a league that was looking beyond them.

In the end, we would lose two points to Aberdeen and The Filth would have their re=arranged game under the floodlights at their stadium in a midweek fixture, always a huge advantage for either of the Glasgow clubs.

Make no mistake the biggest factor in their league win was their desperate success in avoiding a crucial fixture that they were dreading.
This was an exact replication of their devious manipulations in 2008 that saw them steal another title.
Again, excuses just don't fly. Took the lead in 3 different games we went on to drop points in.

If, buts, maybes, hypotheticals and excuses.

Should also be noted that Rangers fans are the best Covid relief fund any of these Countries have seen!
The club deserve to pocket a healthy wedge, due to our fans essentially being like the World Bank

Again, excuses just don't fly. Took the lead in 3 different games we went on to drop points in.

If, buts, maybes, hypotheticals and excuses.
I think you should look up the word hypothetical.
The interference of the fixture list actually happened.
Since when does a league get its fixture list run according to the problems of a particular football club?
Maybe you should explain to the forum why this is acceptable?
The floor is yours.

Did Stewart Robertson not just recently say that this run has made us more than being in the Champions League Group Stage? So that is around £30m plus, then you have £12m for Patterson.

Judging by some of these threads, a lot of people haven’t grasped how big this rebuild is going to be.
Celtic sold a handful of players and pretty much brought in a new team on the back of 2 sales.

I don't see any reason we couldn't do something similar. People are forgetting that Patterson went for £15 million, and that'll hopefully be a benchmark for future sales.

If true, surely the need to sell players to help balance the books is a non-starter?

We need to sell players to free up space in the wage budget. We can't just keep adding players and increasing the wage budget. Irrespective of how well the club has done with money during this Euro run.

If we're gonna offer new deals to players new and old, then we'll need to sell to do that. At the very least we'll need to do that to bring new bodies in.

Since when does a league get its fixture list run according to the problems of a particular football club?
11/12 clubs voted for it.

We didn't lose the league because the winter break got brought forward. We lost the league by giving up stupid points.

Got from twitter

Rangers Final #UEL Prize Money.

Group Stage: €5,474,348
2nd in Group: €500k
KO Stage: €500k
R of 16: €1.2m
Q-Finals: €1.6m
Semi Finals: €2.8m
Finalist: €4.6m

10 Year CO bonus: €924,000

Prize Pot: €17,598,348*

*excl tickets, tv rights share + sponsorship.

Also

Rangers #UEL Ticketing Income:

Alashkert - £1,194,172
Lyon - £1,841,146
Brøndby - £1,920,522
Sparta Prague - £1,983,170
Dortmund - £2,146,905
Red Star - £2,186,505
Braga - £2,444,700
Leipzig - £2,469,850

Total income (Final): £16,186,970*

*Assuming tickets are sold at adult price band, £41 for Group matches, £45 for Knockouts and £50 for quarters and semis.

Note: Does not factor in hospitality and other operational expenses and UEL Final tickets sales.

Not seen what Tv money we will be due.

Add in Money from Patterson and Gerrard this season as well.

11/12 clubs voted for it.

We didn't lose the league because the winter break got brought forward. We lost the league by giving up stupid points.
Jeezus, you really are up for being taken.

Why was there even a vote?
Who would suggest such a thing when the logic dictated to get fixtures played rather than the other way around, given the lessons of the seasons before?
What other league in Europe had a vote to change their fixture list?
Take your time now.....

Your apologising for the cheating isn't a surprise, I expect it on here, what does surprise me is that you don't even see it for what it was, ... which actually sickens me.
You and me in a trench and I think I would probably shoot you rather than have you undermine the position.
No disrespect other than that which you deserve.

No wonder the Filth know they can manipulate such things in seasons when it becomes necessary, they are pushing at a door populated often by total mugs.

Just to clear this up, was Robertson referring to the £13m clubs get when first entering the Champions League?

It sounded like that rather than the end total of £40m when I read it.
Arsenal supposedly made just short of 29 million from prize money, coefficient bonus and market pool for making the semi final of the Europa league last season, that's not including any match day revenue. Don't think we will have made as much as that but it won't be too far off and add in match day revenue i don't see why it wouldn't have been total revenue Robertson was talking about when mentioning the champions league money as the media have regularly said it's worth somewhere from 30 to 40 million

It was £16m in prize money

We had 9 home games

We get TV money

We get a coefficient bonus

Won't be far off £40m total revenue. Of course that had costs to be paid buy a fair wedge of cash still

Another awful post about money. I preferred when the club and the fans counted silverware ffs
Fair enough but the two are inextricably linked in the current football environment.
It could be said we bucked that trend this season but I doubt we could do it again anytime soon given virtually zero spend in the last year.

I seriously doubt it. And just because we have a good amount of cash coming, it doesn’t mean to say we should spend it in a single transfer window. We need to be sustainable long term and reduce debts.
Agree and it’s not unreasonable to accept that the board who have provided working capital from their own pockets to see some sort of return.

We’ll easily set a record revenue this season. In 2020 our revenue was 59 million pounds, 8.9 million of that came from UEFA prize money and solidarity. Although our report states 20.7 million came from European football. Presumably the difference is mostly gate money from the nine home European games and the market pool, etc. Our 2008 year was 64.5 million pounds.

We played nine home games this season too but the UEFA payout will be higher. It’s sitting at 18 million euros ( 15.3 M pounds) just from prize money and ten year coefficient. We’ll get a decent market pool payout too. I’d guess we are in the 30 million pound range just from Europe.Overall, I think we will be over 80 million revenue, probably in the 85 million range.

He will get about 25 million I think
I agree I think even up to 30 mil. We will use player sales and income generated from this year and still be healthy balancing the books along with some smart recruitment of free transfers or small fees hopefully along with a couple of marquee players we will comeback stronger. Re-signing Alfie should be top priority or if he does not wish to extend put it into securing Kent. Aribo will hopefully generate close to 10mil if we sell also

Judging by some of these threads, a lot of people haven’t grasped how big this rebuild is going to be.

Potentially Goldson, Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Aribo, and more. Get nothing for Goldson, but you would imagine a significant sum for the others individually far less combined.

I'd imagine we'll make at the very least one big sale this summer as well so could be looking at upwards of £70m in extra income combined from Europa, Patterson/Garrard and what we bring in this summer in the market.

Also we are guaranteed at the very least money from the Europa league group stages and if we make it to the UCL play-off round a £5m parachute payment kicks in the worst case scenario.

The Ashley thing looks over as well so no more having to budget for more court nonsense either and we should have a clear indication of what can be spent on players to a certain degree.

Absolutely no need to be shopping in the bargain bins this summer now and while we can't go crazy and spend silly money we definitely should be looking at £15-20m for the manager to rebuild while making a healthy profit.
Why is the castore money never mentioned in these threads either. Back when we signed to castore the question was asked about potentially how much the club could benefit to, and the reply was that in a good year we could be looking at up to £7million. Surely this must be a VERY good year for castore, what with the 150th anniversary tops and the europa league merchandise etc etc. hopefully we did exceed the £7million!

Players in the last year of their contracts that walk for free next summer should be sold in the next few months - don’t care who they are.

We cannot afford any more Goldson’s.

It’s also a major reason why Celtic won the league, their rebuild was financed off 2 big sales.
Another major reason Celtic won the league was Frank Connor and manipulated fixtures

Why is the castore money never mentioned in these threads either. Back when we signed to castore the question was asked about potentially how much the club could benefit to, and the reply was that in a good year we could be looking at up to £7million. Surely this must be a VERY good year for castore, what with the 150th anniversary tops and the europa league merchandise etc etc. hopefully we did exceed the £7million!

Our Merchandise must've hit the £7m mark this season. The majority of supporters have the 4 strips, lots have the 5th strip for the legends games and then the early release of the 3rd strip for next year which was flying off the shelves before Wednesday. Lots of training tops, jackets etc.

I would be intrigued to see the figures.

Add this to the £12m for Patterson and circa £5m for Gerrard’s team, why do we not seem to have any money?

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong in the summer but I doubt it.
I think it is forgotten how much debt the owners of the club have had to manage to help rebuild the club. You can’t ask investors to keep on writing cheques for losses

I think it is forgotten how much debt the owners of the club have had to manage to help rebuild the club. You can’t ask investors to keep on writing cheques for losses
So, we’re at an impasse where we have a massive rebuild but little money.

How do we unblock that otherwise mediocrity lies ahead unless we can pull off some miracles in the window?

So, we’re at an impasse where we have a massive rebuild but little money.

How do we unblock that otherwise mediocrity lies ahead unless we can pull off some miracles in the window?
I’m sure the Board will back Gio to try and make the CL…but I’m sure they will insist on 1-2 transfers going out also.

That is meant to be the model.

I’m sure the Board will back Gio to try and make the CL…but I’m sure they will insist on 1-2 transfers going out also.

That is meant to be the model.
I agree but the model is not working when Goldson is walking out the door for nothing and we have some of our best and most sellable players entering the last year of their contracts.

I agree but the model is not working when Goldson is walking out the door for nothing and we have some of our best and most sellable players entering the last year of their contracts.
last summer window was impacted by the Euros etc. led to not being able to trade as easily as we’d have liked.

Will be different this summer.

Back