So now they have a squad we get 5 subs back!

It's embarrassing
It's not really, if you think the way they play at 100 miles per hour, and the amount of injuries because of that, this will benefit them significantly.

But my main point is, why change rules mid way though a season, the whole point of a league campaign is that is a fair reflection over the year. The winter break is another example, they can now play players in a game they have signed that were unavailable in December, another rule change..

I'm not offended as people seem to think, I'm embarrassed by how the league is run

I listened to their game at work on Radio Scotland from overseas. I guess it was Liam McLoed but the gushing praise for them was laughable especially when compared to the hushed tones we heard about the second half.

Running out of steam as mentioned above in several posts is a constant for them. It is there to be exploited by all teams as long as they stay in the game.

I see parallels with last season when they were over the moon with keeping Edouard, Ajer and Christie as well as adding various signing like Barkas and Ajeti..

It would not surprise me to see them turn on the team the moment they drop their first points. At the end of the day the fans panicking last year and creating a desperate and damaging atmosphere around their club became a self-prophesied reality…

I watched a lot of their games and undoubtedly they were good from midfield forward.. they just never resolved the goalkeeper and defence issue in those first five months, then Dubai ended them.

Let’s hope for more of the same.

What’s to suggest it didn’t come from us? Or someone outside of Celtic?

It benefits us more than the rest of the league but it probably does benefit everyone hence the league voting for it.
Sure I read that it was them that forwarded the motion.. fair play if I’m wrong

Paranoid stuff on here now getting to pathetic timmy levels.
Can folk not see it suits us also?
It's tragic. Between this nonsense and the guy losing his shit over the Japanese flag earlier it's no surprise to learn that tonight is the first full moon of the year.

Paranoid stuff on here now getting to pathetic timmy levels.
Can folk not see it suits us also?
They were down to the bare bones before the break with hamstrings popping every ten mins.. they had almost their entire attacking midfield and forward line out due to being overworked.. then halfway through the season 5 subs gets pushed through fro nowhere… I defo smell a rat

They were down to the bare bones before the break with hamstrings popping every ten mins.. they had almost their entire attacking midfield and forward line out due to being overworked.. then halfway through the season 5 subs gets pushed through fro nowhere… I defo smell a rat
It benefits every team in the League, as much as you want something to be paranoid about, this isn't it - with their shite manager, I have no doubt that their players hamstrings will still go.

It's been discussed on here all season and the vast majority wanted the 5 subs back. That's it now back.

Let's just get on with it, we're not going to have a stroll like last season, but I still think we'll do the job.

It's embarrassing

What is embarrassing is a league changing rules more than half way through a season.

Who decided not to allow it from the start and who prompted the change ?

Teams have been in the position not to even name 5 subs some games this season.

Its not just this rule though, it was also their own rules the league broke to force St Mirren to recall youngsters to ensure they played celtic. They wouldn’t however let St Mirren recall all their players playing in Scotland.

What is embarrassing is a league changing rules more than half way through a season.

Who decided not to allow it from the start and who prompted the change ?

Teams have been in the position not to even name 5 subs some games this season.

Its not just this rule though, it was also their own rules the league broke to force St Mirren to recall youngsters to ensure they played celtic. They wouldn’t however let St Mirren recall all their players playing in Scotland.
It suits us and it does everyone else

We will run the legs off of them, GvB will be working on this, 70 minutes, they will be blowing out their timmy arseholes and we will see to it.

3 subs or 5 subs. It’s the same for all of us. 3 points for the champions is all that matters

Doing away with work permits half way through the season.

"Its the same for all of us". Celtic then sign up 3 more Japanese players.

Moving the winter break forward.

"Its the same for all of us". Celtic have their 'star' players out injured and rumours of covid in their squad.

No wonder they get away with it.

I‘m not saying it suits one team more than another, but why did we stop it from last season then reintroduce it more than halfway through a season.
The reason it was introduced was to help clubs out with respect to COVID. FIFA (or UEFA) sanctioned it.

It was withdrawn at the start of the season but is now being reintroduced even although the COVID situation is clearly waning.

Given the past history of the SPFL and Celtic why the references to ‘paranoia’?

Did the club's vote to re-introduce this rule?

Pity it wasn't here all season we may not have dropped as many points.

Paranoid or not the Sheep play far harder in games versus us. They are usually allowed to kick us off the park up there.

With their playstyle, the 5 subs will help them a lot more seeing as half their team have cheesestrings for hamstrings. If it remained 3 subs then they'd have been snookered in 8 weeks times again.

What has changed for the other teams to vote for this now but at the start of the season they didn’t want it ?

It benefits us also but it’s the ease in how that bastardised football team can manipulate our game to suit that annoys me. We shouldn’t be voting to change the amount of substitutes midway through a season just as we shouldn’t be voting to change select fixtures midway either.

Should be whole season not at all.. you can't change rules half way through a season
It’s a changing situation.
Back in August it looked liked society was going back to normal.
This rule change suits us really well, we have a depth of squad that others simply don’t have.
Adding Sands and potentially Souttie by end of January gives us more options again

It's tragic. Between this nonsense and the guy losing his shit over the Japanese flag earlier it's no surprise to learn that tonight is the first full moon of the year.

Someone lost their shit at a Japanese flag? %^*& me that is tragic. Would love to know his reasoning.

Given the fact we have the biggest and best squad in the country this suits us more than anyone, especially given the run of games we have.

Leave the paranoid conspiracy nonsense to the shettlestons

Someone lost their shit at a Japanese flag? %^*& me that is tragic. Would love to know his reasoning.
Thread got chopped and rightly so. Celtic fans flying Japan flags was a direct insult to him apparently because his uncle was a prisoner of war during WW2.

Don't know wether to feel happy or sad that the Tims don't have a monopoly on all the crazy.

you do realise that we voted for 5 subs and we were one of the teams pushing it forward?

Some people man !!

you do realise that we voted for 5 subs and we were one of the teams pushing it forward?

Some people man !!
Wit ! Where does it say we didn’t ? They have major injury buildups due to pushing the players too hard, so having five subs allows them to lighten the load on their squad, we don’t have such problems so don’t have the same need for the extra subs.. dear dear

Wit ! Where does it say we didn’t ? They have major injury buildups due to pushing the players too hard, so having five subs allows them to lighten the load on their squad, we don’t have such problems so don’t have the same need for the extra subs.. dear dear
your saying you smell a rat in terms of the 5 rule being brought in... we voted for it we wanted it brought itn Both Rangers and Celtic voted for it to be a thing at the start of the season and we voted for it again after the break. There is no conspiracy we are getting what we asked for. This thread reeks of tim paranoia

your saying you smell a rat in terms of the 5 rule being brought in... we voted for it we wanted it brought itn Both Rangers and Celtic voted for it to be a thing at the start of the season and we voted for it again after the break. There is no conspiracy we are getting what we asked for. This thread reeks of tim paranoia
Aye read it again.. I said I smell a rat purely because it has been brought in halfway through the season. Most people in the know have commented in the media that it is very unusual for that to happen, and if it wasn’t for their need to lighten the load on their players, I don’t think it would have been voted through. That’s clearly been my point from the start

Aye read it again.. I said I smell a rat purely because it has been brought in halfway through the season. Most people in the know have commented in the media that it is very unusual for that to happen, and if it wasn’t for their need to lighten the load on their players, I don’t think it would have been voted through. That’s clearly been my point from the start
I read it fine. We were asked again at the halfway point and said we wanted it brought in. Hell we even asked again in November if it could be brought in. We complained that we had 5 subs in europe but only 3 domestically. There is no rat we were asked half way through the season if we wanted 5 subs, we said yes again. And we got it. Yes it is unusual to happen half way through a season..... In case you havent noticed this season is not normal. we have covid , lockdown and pretty bad fixture congestion.

There is no conspiracy we got what we have been asking for all season, stop acting like one of them.

also I think we have more injuries/ players unavailable than they do.

Doing away with work permits half way through the season.

"Its the same for all of us". Celtic then sign up 3 more Japanese players.

Moving the winter break forward.

"Its the same for all of us". Celtic have their 'star' players out injured and rumours of covid in their squad.

No wonder they get away with it.
yet hibs couldnt play their new norwegian signging due to work permit issues.

Back