So this "sizeable transfer kitty" in January....

Naismith, Moult, McLean , Walker and Morgan.

Get rid of Dalcio , Nemane, Windass, Kranjcar and Miller.

Look for 2-3 real quality signings for the summer.

where would you spend it?

A left midfielder and a midfield general of the Souness type would be the first positions I would fill.

What do we think?

A right back and 2 new centre halves. Declan John on a permanent deal.

Will not progress with any of the defenders we have outwith John.

Left midfield and another striker after sorting the defence.

Multiple transfers windows and yet to sort the cluster f.u.ck that is our defence

Hopefully both Herrara and pena’s reputation is still reasonable in their homeland so we can get some cash back from them

We can then add it to any transfer kitty

I agree. He's turning up at places like Hamilton and Thistle and thinking what the f.uck is this. And enduring the hammer throwing aspect of Scottish football.The fact that he came because of Pedro I can't see him being here too long. I understand his position to be honest.

for what we are probably paying him, i wouldnt be fussed if he moved on, not performed how i thought he would

I still maintain every last penny of the pedro project should be paid for by the board including the mess he has left us with in terms of high wages of players etc.

Soft loans should be for the next guy.

IMO those soft loans WILL be repaid back partially when we finally get a share issue approved. Not for the Pedro spend it shouldn't.

A disaster from the word go.

Pedro spent millions and we still need a full back, a centre back, a midfield creative player, a winger and a striker.

But if we can only have 2 of them it would be the midfielder and the winger for me.

I'd be delighted if the new manager is given the same amount of backing as Pedro.

6-7m net spend is huge in the context of Scottish football

You build a team from the back.

Therefore we start with a top quality goalkeeper, which at this present time we do NOT have.

More likely in the summer though.
If you think a goalkeeper is our top priority in January then I've a bit of advice , have one or two less pre match drinks, you'll see the game much more clearly.

I still maintain every last penny of the pedro project should be paid for by the board including the mess he has left us with in terms of high wages of players etc.

Soft loans should be for the next guy.

IMO those soft loans WILL be repaid back partially when we finally get a share issue approved. Not for the Pedro spend it shouldn't.

A disaster from the word go.

That’s like Ricky or Julian repaying a loan

Left mid / wing is a priority after that I would only add quality not quantity as we have enough of that already

The rhetard know fuk all, we`re all desperate for good news but why would these forum trolling maggots know anything about what`s going on at our club,clueless fuks!

It will be interesting to see how Murty sets the team out to play today? Will it be the same style as Pedro or will he go 2 up front?
I agree with Alastair Johnston that there's more we should be expecting from the players than we've seen so far.... hopefully the new manager can bring that out?
January will be a very interesting month regarding possible transfers.
Will the new manager be interested in Walker, McLean, Moult and Morgan?
If so, will their respective clubs be happy to lose these players for nothing at the end of the season?
For the money we would be paying Aberdeen compensation for McInnes we could possibly have all these players in January.

I assume a new manager will be given stricter instruction to work a bit harder with what we have

We were very quick to simply chuck the last squad out some rightly - some wrongly but....there a slight irony that Holt for example was becomming one of Pedro's stronger performers

I think the new manager should be told for example that they have to work with Morelos, Cardoso etc albeit most sensible managers would do that

We have been getting told about this sizeable kitty for some time now but all our money is getting frittered away on manager payoffs and average players we need to get more value for the money we are spending.

We,d be better spending the money in the summer transfer window asplayer tend to be over priced in the january transfer window.

So to put this nonsense to bed. Here is what he said AJ, was at the board meeting via teleconference, therefore whoever comes in is getting buttons in Jan.

Johnston acknowledged there will be a cost to pay off the current coaching team and employ replacements, but said Caixinha has left a squad which needs only minor alterations.

He said: "There are financial implications but in the circumstances they had to be seconded, to the best interests of the club.

"My own view is that we have a better squad than people think and perhaps a new management team will get more out of them.

"A lot of Rangers fans thought the players we brought in during the summer were actually positive.

"I don't think we have seen the best of them and I would like to think that the new management team will be able to get more out of them.

"In many ways that's what Celtic did when they brought in Brendan Rodgers."
We have a better squad than we did under warburton.but we still have a squad that lacks heart whos heads at times go down to easily.

I think we could be left disappointed in January. I have a hunch the majority of money won’t be made available until the summer.

Weiss, a left back - dont think DJ is good enough and a striker in the dado/jelavic mould to play alongside AM and i’ll be happy, not asking for much :D

It all depends on the new manager . If he says he can't live with the players we've got and wants to sign some new blood then we will give him enough for the minimum and tell him to use what he has at his disposal.

With the exception of the odd pre-contract, I wouldn’t think we’d do much business in January

With the exception of the odd pre-contract, I wouldn’t think we’d do much business in January
Possibly, however any new manager will want the guarantee of at least some cash to spend to put his own stamp on the team, it would be a very hard sell to tell a guy he has very little and has to work solely with the players that are already here.

where would you spend it?

A left midfielder and a midfield general of the Souness type would be the first positions I would fill.

What do we think?
A right back and a left back that can actually defend, first and foremost, are a must for me . The late equaliser Killie got sums up everything that is wrong with our full backs . A pathetic goal to give away and valuable points lost. Spend the whole kitty to solve this problem.

Back