So we could be league champions next week ?

I fear Livingston away more than any other due to that plastic pitch.
It’s a leveller.
I think we’ll play a weakened team. Getting through that fixture without injuries is more important than the result imo. Full strength team against St Mirren.

R:WW
C:L or D
This is the only scenario where we go to Parkhead as champions

C:W
We win it at Parkhead with a draw.

There are some disastrous scenarios that mean we can’t win it until after Parkhead but as it stands, winning it there is most likely.

EDIT: ignore my shit maths

Last edited:
How many key players do we really want to risk on that Livingston pitch?

None imo..... and it’s got nothing to do with trying to win the title at the piggery.

The league is in the bag. Whether it’s mathematically sealed at tannadice, the piggery, or the first game after the split - it’s only a matter of time.

However, the europa league is our whole season now. Therefore, I wouldn’t risk a single key player on that plastic pitch.

This is a game for Itten, Wright, Simpson plus the covid 3 (if available)

would rather its won before 21st - so we can focus entire efforts on beating Slavia Prague over two legs then play the back up players at the midden.

Bad thing is if we don't win it next weekend, it's a two week break until Sharkhead.

Good thing is even if we don't win it next weekend, we have a free weekend in between the Europa League games.

:D

But we've got a game in hand and we've to play them twice so we're really 24 points ahead. Well, going by their logic all season that is.
But, but, but, having to play them twice, & all the other teams pyoor loving them & hating us we could find ourselves 14 points behind if we're not careful. I blame Dave King - it's all his fault!:eek:

Bad thing is if we don't win it next weekend, it's a two week break until Sharkhead.

Good thing is even if we don't win it next weekend, we have a free weekend in between the Europa League games.

:D
THe 21st is of minimal importance in the bigger picture. And I'm happy - in fact almost expectant - that the squad is utilized to the full extent of prioritising our main players for the EL efforts. Finishing the job at the midden would be great - but, at the same time expendable for the greater good

I think we’ll play a weakened team. Getting through that fixture without injuries is more important than the result imo. Full strength team against St Mirren.

There are some disastrous scenarios that mean we can’t win it until after Parkhead but as it stands, winning it there is most likely.
or a win and draw for us and a defeat for them...

Think we'll win it next Sunday, a last minute equaliser from a DU player.
A 2 week party before sending out the youth team at the piggery, with a wee Euro adventure in between, happy days.

Wrong.

R: DW
C: L

That's a 7 point swing that gives us the title before we go to sharkhead.

Not saying I wanna drop points. But mathematically this is correct.

Anyone that thinks we will put out a weakened side in Livi is living in cloud cuckoo land tbh. Gerrard will want momentum and while he might rotate a couple, wholesale changes are not going to happen.
Agreed. And nor should they be, particularly in midfield. The minute we do that we struggle. St Mirren and Hamilton away are two warnings on that front.

If we win both games even 1-0 it's done, they are not turning over a 24 goal diff, yes that extra point makes it seville calculator proof I know that too.

I would prefer if we won it whilst we where playing but if its while they are playing so be it :) Quite early on a Sunday for fireworks!

If we win both games even 1-0 it's done, they are not turning over a 24 goal diff, yes that extra point makes it seville calculator proof I know that too.
That's a bit of a fallacy.
If we lost 6 games at that point.
And they won 6 games.
A 24 goal swing would be 50/50 I'd think.

Not that either scenario is going to happen.
The league is done now.
Done with a win Wednesday.
Done with 6 points and done with 7.

Last edited:
Do they play Dundee Utd after we play St Mirren? If so the SPFL need to change the ko times.

Back