So what happens next Sunday

Well, you could always really piss Timmy off by contributing to a fervent atmosphere by singing and chanting but not making a lady's front bottom of it by including add Ons which desecrate our traditional songs.

Or, you could do what Timmy wants and shoot the club in the head.

That'll never catch on. :(

Hmmm, maybe give it a try?

The alternative presumably being behave like a bad boy and break the rules - that which has just seen us take the first step towards another dark age?

I think people will be good boys and girls.

I actually think there will be no singing at all.

All the old “Rangers classics” folk suggest are Prematch tannoy songs. They’re not songs that are sung in the heat of battle during play.

We’re not going to be 0-0 with Celtic, 15 mins to go and the fans decide to roar the players on by starting up “I’ve been in exile for some yearssss....”.

We all know that’s not going to happen. Like I said, prematch tannoy songs.

So I think the mentally challengeds, who have looked petrified in that corner the last two visits, are going to be emboldened in this visit. They know they’re untouchable and they’ll love how meek we’ve become.

I think people will be good boys and girls.

I actually think there will be no singing at all.

All the old “Rangers classics” folk suggest are Prematch tannoy songs. They’re not songs that are sung in the heat of battle during play.

We’re not going to be 0-0 with Celtic, 15 mins to go and the fans decide to roar the players on by starting up “I’ve been in exile for some yearssss....”.

We all know that’s not going to happen. Like I said, prematch tannoy songs.

So I think the mentally challengeds, who have looked petrified in that corner the last two visits, are going to be emboldened in this visit. They know they’re untouchable and they’ll love how meek we’ve become.

Well I’ll gladly see you proven wrong on the no singing part.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% with you that any sectarian singing is downright idiotic. My point was that I don't have faith in the fan's ability to restrain themselves once alcohol, Lennon and Brown are thrown into the mix.
Which is why as a support and also as a community we are so bad at PR.
They know whether through football or politics that we fall into the trap everytime.
We know how bad they are but the focus is always on us as they've worked their way into positions that allow them to control the narrative.
The garbage add ons don't belong at a football match and the rules are the rules.
We knew the pressure would increase the closer we get to them yet some of our support are to stubborn to play the long game.

As much as the whole thing frustrates me we simply have to stop singing those songs for the good of the club. It's now only a matter of time before the SFA/SPFL get in on the act of persecuting us over this too and we cannot allow them a chance to disadvantage is by closing stands or deducting points.

Currently the club is handing every supporter the gun with ambiguity and an assumption that everyone agrees on what is right & wrong.

Exactly. The club needs to show some leadership. Just appealing for common sense and issuing statements wont work. The recently launched initiative was pointless because the fans weren't involved and had no input.

Im very disappointed in the lack of communication and engagement between club and fans.

The 40000 thousand who don’t sing any other game will lead us in song,over to them,if they sing every game then the naughty stuff will surely be drowned out.

Genuine question - what would be wrong with singing TBB next Sunday? It's FARE that have an issue with it, they have no jurisdiction outwith UEFA competition. We have been singing TBB domestically for years and years and there's never been a stand closure, so we know it's fine.

Obviously against Legia we can't do it, but why not on Sunday?

Genuine question - what would be wrong with singing TBB next Sunday? It's FARE that have an issue with it, they have no jurisdiction outwith UEFA competition. We have been singing TBB domestically for years and years and there's never been a stand closure, so we know it's fine.

Obviously against Legia we can't do it, but why not on Sunday?
Bloody hell what chance have we got when you read crap like that

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% with you that any sectarian singing is downright idiotic. My point was that I don't have faith in the fan's ability to restrain themselves once alcohol, Lennon and Brown are thrown into the mix.

What? Are they all children or have the mental of of zero? Oh, I’ve had a drink so I’ll just walk straight into this glaringly obvious trap.

Next Sunday our fans will back the players to the hilt, the place will be bouncing and our fans will loudly report to the world for 90 mins what the media have failed to do.

Well, you could always really piss Timmy off by contributing to a fervent atmosphere by singing and chanting but not making a lady's front bottom of it by including add Ons which desecrate our traditional songs.

Spot on Mark,just sing Rangers songs and the traditional songs like the Sash and Derry's Walls without the add ons...SIMPLES

Only if we want to commit collective suicide.

With the eyes of the world on us why would you want to do exactly what the enemies of the club want you to?

Cause we have morons in our support that would rather sing songs than see our team in Europe

The bed wetters on here will be shown as the hypocrites they are.
‘Bed wetters’ - does that mean folk worried their club will be booted out of Europe? That their manager might chuck it? That we’ll end up with no chance of winning the league? Is that a ‘bed wetter’? Grow up you imbecile, we’re talking about the future of Rangers not your pathetic machismo.

This will be centre stage for the lurgan bigot to goad us and look for some reaction and get the club in more bother and him portrayed as a victim once more. Please don't take the bait, sing loud and proud and put the tims to the sword.

I think this is a simplistic view on a very complicated issue. By taking your stance, you almost make out that They are the ‘good guys’ in all of this?

I have never in my life been so revolted by the detestable language and action, from other human beings, than Them. The frequent mockery of the Ibrox disaster, or jeers about Lee Rigby’s head on Ebay, or references to killing OB’s.

This has been a tough day for us all. But let’s make it absolutely clear - we will stick together through this - they are still our enemy.
Mate there is nothing complicated about it.Stop singing the songs with add ons and all the other non football related crap and the problem is solved.
I think most would agree with your views on what a lot of their fans are like,but this is not about them.Once we have our own house in order we can happily point the finger at them.

What? Are they all children or have the mental of of zero? Oh, I’ve had a drink so I’ll just walk straight into this glaringly obvious trap.
Yes, the people coming to games and singing the stuff we’ve been sanctioned for are childish idiots. I don’t see how that could be a controversial statement.

This.
Rangers supporters could sing throughout several matches and not sing the same song twice and not a single word said that would offend any sane person.
Next week shouldn't be a problem.
Nor the week after ad Infinitum.

Now if we do this we will really fckn annoy those that hate us the most.

Super Rangers will be sung next Sunday without a doubt and if I was to place a bet on it so will the billy boys.

Rangers should come out in the media and tell nobody to sing it if so.

Nothing surer if Rangers win it’ll be about the singing in the papers, get on the front foot Rangers address the situation and just call them peado bastards of what they are the scum of the earth.

Why bother. They are forever cheated never defeated. If we win it won’t matter they will find something whether it’s the songbook, the ref. Or something else. We will be the bad guys who dared beat Celtic the team chasing history

Everyone of us should be in Ibrox an hour before kick off.
Cranking it up to a crescendo by kick off time with Rangers and only Rangers songs.
Build it big, build it strong and put those 19th Century Terrorist scumbags in their place giving them no room to complain.
And hump them on the park giving them no excuses.

I think what I’ve took from today is we need an atmosphere same as that day as that was hostile & noisy but obviously we shouldn’t sing the songs which made it like that simple really
Stick the UVF singing where the sun dont shine

I'm up for it I'll keep the wise head on and the famous will collect another 3 point in their quest for 55,WATP,No Surrender,

Just sing Rangers songs. If you have to sing, change the words that supposedly offend,
don't need to scrap the songs altogether.

Back