So, what was your 1st cup final?

Dundee Scum v St Boo 1987, Ian Ferguson scored the winner.

first real final - 1988 SKOL cup, Ian Ferguson scored the greatest goal ever scored anywhere.

can’t tell you all how happy I am that this post is my 250th - Fergie is my hero and now he’s made it possible for me to (re)enter the hallowed ground that is the lounge.

4-0 v Ayr, League Cup final in 2002.

Our first trophy in 2 yearsbit despite the final score recall being so nervous the first half hour or so. We took some time to settle and from memory Klos made an outstanding save to stop them taking the lead

Mines was rangers v St boo! We went down to nine men, Kenny Miller with an outstanding header late on won us the game! Worst thing I remember that day was the tickets being about a A4 bit of paper and being pink!

Still was a great day with my best mate and wouldn't have been there if wasn't for my brother in law giving us the tickets! Still one of the best days I have had following the gers!

What's yours?
Mines was rangers v St boo! We went down to nine men, Kenny Miller with an outstanding header late on won us the game! Worst thing I remember that day was the tickets being about a A4 bit of paper and being pink!

Still was a great day with my best mate and wouldn't have been there if wasn't for my brother in law giving us the tickets! Still one of the best days I have had following the gers!

What's yours?
2-0 versus raith rovers 1n the 48/49 ?Season

76, 3-1 v's Hearts, in the open end,
got here just before DJ scored...before 3pm lol
Huge Rangers support, gates pushed open at open end

1969 when we were handed a lesson. In the mentally challenged end as well, left at half-time (0-3) and sat waiting at our drop-off point for the bus, some bears were already there before us.

Hearts at the Piggery 98 2-1 defeat. Was too young to realise the sagnificane of that being a lot of players last game for us.

League cup final 03 beat them 2-1 am sure hartson missed a pen late on.probably my favorite season following rangers winning a treble and also we were superb that year.just turned 17 first year apprentice group of 20 odd of us from peterhead down every week home and away great times:))

1976 Scottish Cup Final v Hearts. I was 10 years old. Big DJ scored right away, the goal was actually before the scheduled 3pm kick off.

1980 junior cup final
Bailleston 2 Benburb 2, Bailleston won replay
1981 Scottish cup final
Rangers 0 Dundee Utd 0, my da wouldn't take me to replay.

1969 Scottish cup final Vermin 4 Rangers 0.

Still remember it as if it happened yesterday, was distraught for days after it.

1969 when we were handed a lesson. In the mentally challenged end as well, left at half-time (0-3) and sat waiting at our drop-off point for the bus, some bears were already there before us.
Was that the Glasgow Cup Final . I did the same ,me and my pals just could not watch it anymore. One pal arrived very late just as we were leaving.

1962 Scottish cup final Rangers 2 St Mirren 0. P.S. they beat the scum at Ibrox 3-1 I think it was, the best fans in the world invaded the park to get game postponed

April 29 1964
Rangers 3 Dundee 1
Jimmy Millar 2
Ralph Brand 1
Over 120,000 in attendance Dundee manager was a certain Bob Shankly wonder what happened to him

1983 Junior cup final
Ek thistle 2-0 Bo’ness
First Rangers cup final
87 league cup.
Rangers 3-3 Aberdeen (5-3 on pens)
In the family section which was mixed fans believe it or not

1979 2nd replay v Hibs. Won 3 2 was in the old north stand. Recall loads of stairs and winner was an Arthur Duncan OG

I am still of the firm opinion bro, that if you didn’t suffer the two mind numbing 0-0 draws with the rest of us, you shouldn’t have been allowed the joy and excitement of the 3rd game :) What a contrast to the first two efforts.

1998 cup final loss to Hearts. Was 18 and greeting like a wean. Guy on supporters bus told me in no uncertain terms to man up as I didnt know what it was like to suffer real heartache as a Rangers supporter. Felt like a right dick but I was emotional more because of the break up of that team than the result.

Back