So, what was your 1st cup final?

GAZMAC93

Mines was rangers v St boo! We went down to nine men, Kenny Miller with an outstanding header late on won us the game! Worst thing I remember that day was the tickets being about a A4 bit of paper and being pink!

Still was a great day with my best mate and wouldn't have been there if wasn't for my brother in law giving us the tickets! Still one of the best days I have had following the gers!

What's yours?

Mines was rangers v St boo! We went down to nine men, Kenny Miller with an outstanding header late on won us the game! Worst thing I remember that day was the tickets being about a A4 bit of paper and being pink!

Still was a great day with my best mate and wouldn't have been there if wasn't for my brother in law giving us the tickets! Still one of the best days I have had following the gers!

What's yours?
Mines was the Drybrough cup final against them Cooper and Jardine scored fantastic goals that day .

The scum at Hampden on the hottest day I can remember at a game. Got sunburned in the North enclosure. That prick Aitken stole a throw in and the ugly wee prick joe miller scored the only goal for the poets. 1989

I remember that purely because I remember my old man nearly doing the same volly across my living room with a can of T.

1981 Scottish Cup Final v Dundee United. Sitting in the back row of the old North Stand at Hampden. A turgid affair which ended with “that” penalty from the late Ian Redford.

First cup final I went to was Motherwell V Dundee Utd, was 1991 I think? Finished 4-3 to Well.
First Gers final was 2002 league cup final beating Ayr 4-0.
Closely followed by the Lovenkrands final a couple months later.

1980 SCF,,, as a kid, absolutely devastating mind it like yesterday, following year went to final again not much better, then missed the replay thru illness, 2 sheep games followed we had a terrible time in the 80s with the SC

Rangers v Aberdeen Scottish cup final in 2000. Jim Leighton got injured early on and Robbie Winters went in goal. We won 4-0 with Alberts with an absolute rocket in off the bar!

edit: that was Albertz 20th goal of the season, Dodds was on 25! When did we last have a midfielder on 20 goals in a season!

Last edited:
1988 skol cup final 3-2 v the sheep. Remember being in the section next to the sheep fans and being pelted with coins when the winner went in. As a 7 year old made a fortune on the way out

What's yours?
Great one for your first

1986 Skol cup. 2-1, Aitken pulls Butcher down in the box and Cooper scores the winning penalty.... My first Hampden experience.
Yip mine too,winter afternoon always remember Cooper and super Ally goal celebration after winning penalty.

1983 Scottish Cup final versus Sheep. Eric Black scored the only goal with four minutes left of extra-time.

I have hazy memories of it since I was only a wean. Sat on a barrier in the North Enclosure and think Rangers were the better team on the day, got a goal chopped off.

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 4 in the 1982 SC Final. I was only 11 and lied to my maw about where I was going. I nearly missed the supporters bus back because I stayed to see the cup being presented :D

Another one for the 1976 Scottish Cup Final v Hearts. Schoolboy enclosure with my old man. First time witnessing the Rangers end at Hampden and I think I must have spent as much time watching them in full flow than the game itself. I was never in the schoolboy enclosure again but spent many happy days from that day on in the middle of that Rangers end.

2009 - 1 - 0 v Falkirk SCF

Novo scored a screamer with the only highlight of what was a pretty rubbish game. It was so hot, player's were very lethargic and it was just too hot for any exertion. Think the pitch side temp was near 40 degrees. Still a great feeling to see your team lift the cup for the first time in person.

1976 final , can’t remember too much about it as too young. 1979 finals v hibs first two were brutal then we get the 3-2 game out of left field.

1981 Scottish Cup Final v Dundee United, Ian Redford missed a penalty right at the end. Think it was the last time a Final went to a replay

The first one I can remember without really watching was when we lost to Dundee Utd, the Ally Maxwell final as I recall.

The first one I watched properly was the Laudrup final 2 years later. What a performance, 5-1 against Hearts.

1998/99 League Cup Final against St Johnstone.

I was just 6 years old, but remember all the goals pretty well.

What I remember most of all though, was it was played at the piggery.

Back