So, what was your 1st cup final?

1973 Scottish Cup Final. I was 12 and had been to a lot of games including semi finals at Hampden but it was my first final and first game against celtc.

Great day.

St midden v Dundee utd, 1987. Uncle was a saints fan and he took us along. I'd been going to Ibrox for a couple of years already and my old man said my uncle was gutted when I said afterwards that it was ok but it wasn't the real football.

On the plus side a future legend of ours scored the winner.

1970 league cup final when 16 year old DJ scored the winner! I was 16 at the time myself and of course thought it could have been me. Aye right!

1981 League Cup Final v Dundee U. The one where Redford "chipped" McAlpine to win the cup. I also had the game recorded on video and I watched it so many times that eventually the tape stretched and it was becoming unplayable.

1971 SC Final, drew 1 1 with them, big DJ scored near the end, crowd over 120,000. The replay on the Wednesday was cash at the gate,15 pence, which is about £2 in today’s money. Crowd over 100,000, they won 2 1.

1990 league cup final - King Richard with the extra time winner.

Bought a King Billy t-towel to celebrate.

Rangers 3 celtic 2, May 1973

A classic game, an immortal winner, Royalty presenting the trophy and the last crowd of over 100,000 in Scotland.

Wow.

Rangers 1 Aberdeen 4 in the 1982 SC Final. I was only 11 and lied to my maw about where I was going. I nearly missed the supporters bus back because I stayed to see the cup being presented :D
Mine too. Auld man took me and big brother there too. Abiding memory is the crush to get in and being overwhelmed when police horse stood on my foot and auld man tried to pull me out. Another memory from that day is brothers m8 needing a slash but doesn't want to get off the bus so compromises and bus driver opens door and he hangs his tadger out the door and pisses while bus moving. This was in Glasgow, on cup final day, so there was no quiet wee place to pull over.

Sure it was the 81 Scottish cup final 0 - 0 game never got down to the replay that we ended up winning 4 - 1
Rangers 1 Aberdeen 4 in the 1982 SC Final. I was only 11 and lied to my maw about where I was going. I nearly missed the supporters bus back because I stayed to see the cup being presented :D
Same was in the North Stand that day as a young 7 year old and remember walking from Rutherglen to Hampden with my Dad, I also remember leaving when after Strachen scored in ET, my Dad was furious

1979 2nd replay v Hibs. Won 3 2 was in the old north stand. Recall loads of stairs and winner was an Arthur Duncan OG

Mine too. Auld man took me and big brother there too. Abiding memory is the crush to get in and being overwhelmed when police horse stood on my foot and auld man tried to pull me out. Another memory from that day is brothers m8 needing a slash but doesn't want to get off the bus so compromises and bus driver opens door and he hangs his tadger out the door and pisses while bus moving. This was in Glasgow, on cup final day, so there was no quiet wee place to pull over.
:D I’ve got an image of that in my head now. Just as well it wasn’t me, I would have pished myself if I tried to hang my wee tiddler out the door.

1969 -SCF and I've been trying to forget it ever since.

I actually forced myself to watch all of that game not so long ago.

Some horrendous blunders for their goals and some big chances missed up the other end.

A nightmare of a result, but 4-0 flattered them big time.

Rod Wallace winner to clinch the treble against the filth. A few weeks after we'd won the title in their midden. May 99 must have been the month from hell for them.

1987 Skol Cup Final

3-3 Davie Cooper free kick
Mine too, I was in the family section with my old man right behind the goal when Cooper's rocket went in , I can still hear the crack of the net to this day. Still one of the greatest games I've been to, that and the following years final were superb and against really good Aberdeen sides too.

1978 against Aberdeen.
Second treble in 3 years!
Never for 1 minute did I think we would have to wait 9 years for another league win.

1998 Scottish Cup final at Parkhead between us and Hearts. Hearts got a penalty 2 minutes in for a foul clearly outside the box. Although it was my first final and obviously I was gutted at the defeat, it felt different as it was the end of an era with so many players leaving. I was a wee boy, but I could appreciate the efforts the players put in that season and I remember waiting to applaud every one of them.

Mine was Rangers vs St Mirren too - the 1961-62 version. Rangers won 2-0, Wilson and Caldow scoring the goals.

I believe Wilson and Caldow scored the winning goals against England, the following week !

League cup final against hearts at the piggery we won 4-3 was a cracking game. Mc coist double and a Gazza double. Neil McCann was outstanding that day I might be wrong but I’m sure he got motm?.

Cambuslang Rangers 1 - 0 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy. Junior Cup Final 1969.
First Rangers - Glasgow Cup Final 2 -2 think it was supposed to be 74 but was delayed due to the World Cup and held at the start of 75-76. Marked 800th Anniversary of Glasgow or something so the trophy was shared.
First proper - wee Doddies flying header in the LCF in 1975. Back row of the old North Stand that day.

Mine was actually Scum v Sheep in 1970. My dad's friend was a Sheep supporter and we stayed near Hampden so he took us along. He didn't want to pay the extras 1/- for the Rangers end, so we went to the Scum end. That was fun! They all left when the 3rd went in. One thing I remember was Bobby Davidson was as bad reffing them as he was with us.
First one with us was the first game the next year.

Glasgow Cup Final 1970/71

Played Clyde at Ibrox and won 2 - 0.

I seem to remember our semi final was held at Ibrox the day before.

Back