So, what was your 1st cup final?

The scum at Hampden on the hottest day I can remember at a game. Got sunburned in the North enclosure. That prick Aitken stole a throw in and the ugly wee prick joe miller scored the only goal for the poets. 1989
Cheating poets cost us a treble, I was there and I’m still pissed off about it.

Scottish cup 1992 v Airdrie. I was 6 and it was only my 2nd ever game. Apparently i met willie waddell too.
I never made it to another cup final until 2010 against the scum when jelavic scored the winner.

Mines was rangers v St boo! We went down to nine men, Kenny Miller with an outstanding header late on won us the game! Worst thing I remember that day was the tickets being about a A4 bit of paper and being pink!

Still was a great day with my best mate and wouldn't have been there if wasn't for my brother in law giving us the tickets! Still one of the best days I have had following the gers!

What's yours?
1988 skol cup final 3-2 against the mutton molesters.

My old man took me to the 73 cup final when I was 7yrs old, he couldn't get my gran to look after me so I was lifted over the turnstile and what a day that turned out to be.

My first ever cup final attended was the 1978 FA Cup Arsenal 0 Ipswich 1.

I managed to come across a ticket for sale at face value in my local Luton pub the night before.

The FA Cup was huge back then, bigger than regular league games, so I jumped at the chance and purchased the terrace ticket (Ipswich, tunnel end) - can't remember how much it was but almost sure it was less than £2?

My first Rangers cup final also happened to be my very first Bears game attended.

Mar 31st, 1979 Scots League Cup Final Aberdeen 1 Rangers 2.

I was invited by the local (sadly long gone and much missed) Luton Rangers Supporters Club.

It involved Fri - Sun Return rail ticket from Luton - Glasgow Central - the cost - FIVE Pounds !!! .......plus match ticket (sure it was only about a £1) in the covered Rangers end terrace at Hampden.

We won 2-1 after the Sheep led 1-0 with a glorious winning late header from Colin Jackson RIP.

In over 12 years of attending football matches at Luton, Wembley England Internationals and various Div 1 games at all of the top flight English clubs bar Man U & Everton ................NOTHING compared to the atmosphere I experienced in the Rangers support that day............. I've seen us play at Ibrox 47 times - plus Hampden, other Scots clubs and grounds all over Europe another 70 times on top, since that 1979 marvellous occasion.

Reactions: SSR
1998 SCF. Sat behind the dugouts at Parkhead, weird experience.

We were robbed by Willie Young that day. Still hate him

The scum at Hampden on the hottest day I can remember at a game. Got sunburned in the North enclosure. That prick Aitken stole a throw in and the ugly wee prick joe miller scored the only goal for the poets. 1989

I was there, stood on the open side terrace immediately behind when they were disgracefully given a CLEAR Rangers throw in - which of course led to the Paedo's goal!

The Lovenkrands cup final. It was amazing. My 1st old firm too

WHAT a day and game that was in 2002.........I flew up from Luton on the morning of the match knowing I had NO chance of a ticket, but still had a brilliant time watching it in the old Partick Memories Bar................stayed the night in the city centre - which belonged to Bears all evening. ;)

1980 Scottish Junior Cup Final - Baillieston v Benburb , aged 7 , never made the replay . First Rangers final 1981/82 Scottish League Cup Final Rangers 2-1 Dundee Hibernian . Hamdump was a right manky hole at the start of the eighties , still a dump now .

Just had a count up, I've seen us in 16* Cup Finals - not bad for a sassenach living miles away ;) 10* wins - 6 Defeats.

1979 League Cup Sheep 1 Rangers 2

1983 Scots Cup Sheep 1 Rangers 0

1984 League Cup Scumdee Utd 0 Rangers 1

1989 Scots Cup Paedos 1 Rangers 0

1989 League Cup Sheep 2 Rangers 1 AET

1992 Scots Cup Airdrie 1 Rangers 2

2002 League Cup Ayr 0 Rangers 4

2002* was up for the Scots Cup Lovenkrands 3-2 win against the Paedos, but couldn't get a ticket so watched it in Memories Bar, Partick.

2003 League Cup Paedo's 1 Rangers 2

2003 Scots Cup Dundee 0 Rangers 1

2005 League Cup Murderwell 1 Rangers 5

2008 UEFA Cup Rangers 0 Zenith St Petersburg 2

2010 League Cup Rangers 1 St Boo 0

2011 League Cup Paedos 1 Rangers 2 AET

2014 Ramsdens Cup Raith 1 Rangers 0 AET

2016 Petrofac Cup Peterhead 0 Rangers 4

2016 Scots Cup Hivs 3 Rangers 2.

Three for the price of one (not literally) - 1979 Scottish Cup Final V Hibs, 0-0, 1st replay 0-0 (aet), 2nd replay 3-2 (aet).
Was at the first 2 missed the 3rd one as we didn't get back from Wembley in time,old man decided to stay at his uncle's in Corby an extra couple of days.

1970 League Cup Final v them. 1-0 with a great winning header by 16yr old Derek Johnstone for Gers first trophy in four seasons.

84 (?) League Cup Final. Iain Ferguson goal to beat Dundee United 1-0. I would have been 10 and absolutely loved it.

It was absolutely sweltering that day, I mind a Bear offering me 40 quid for my ticket outside the ground, helluva lot of money 31 years ago I thought. My auld boy told him where to go.

Mines was rangers v St boo! We went down to nine men, Kenny Miller with an outstanding header late on won us the game! Worst thing I remember that day was the tickets being about a A4 bit of paper and being pink!

Still was a great day with my best mate and wouldn't have been there if wasn't for my brother in law giving us the tickets! Still one of the best days I have had following the gers!

What's yours?

I gave my tickets for this to a mate who had a friend up visiting from down south. Didn't mind helping the boy out as it was a rare chance for his mate to see us and I also assumed it would be a standard win for us. Was absolutely gutted after the game that I wasn't there and especially after our recent troubles I know I'll never take a cup final for granted again.

As for my first cup final it was also in the league cup in the 02/03 season. Another cracking final to be fair. beat the scum, Lennon ordered off, a goal for them wrongly disallowed and a last minute penalty miss. What a day/season that was.

First ever cup final was 1971 junior cup final between cambuslang rangers v newtongrange star
First rangers cup final was 1976 v hearts

1973 Junior Cup Final
Cambuslang Rangers v Irvine Meadow

First Rangers one was the 1975 League Cup Final v Celtic. Doddie flying header won it.
Sort of the same:

1981 Pollock 1-0 Arthurlie Junior cup final.
1988 Rangers 3-2 Sheep. League cup final.
Happy days :cool:

1978 cup final v Aberdeen aged 5 north terrace sitting on a barrier can still se the cup shining in the sun waiting to be lifted

March 1984 3-2 v them,2-0 up & cruising then they took it to extra time with a last minute pen.Abiding memory is they all went mental when Bonner saved the pen only for Coisty to immediately silence them with the rebound.
Guess who I was in the playground the next day!!

1981 v Dundee utd. This was in the day that they sold paper tickets at various outlets across the country . I remember my dad gave me a £10 note to buy two tickets at a newsagents in shawlands. I was petrified I would lose it until I bought the tickets.

Disappointed it was 0-0 and the replay was one of the first games I went to alone. Not long after the final whistle there was a huge thunderstorm but I managed to miss the worst of the rain .

13 August 1983 Glasgow cup final (yes it did count in those days).

Won 1-0. Main memory was us singing "where's your Charlie gone". Cause Nicholas had moved to Arsenal.

Edit- just realised I was at the 1982 league cup final when the rabid won 2-1.

1973 Junior Cup Final
Cambuslang Rangers v Irvine Meadow

First Rangers one was the 1975 League Cup Final v Celtic. Doddie flying header won it.
I was at the replay(s) as well watching Cumslang, ( think there was at least 1 replay, auld git loyal) Eric Morris playing for Irvine Meadow. Skipped into the League cup final and that was my 1st experience of the dust when Rangers scored, my mum said I looked like I had been up a chimney (I was 12)

I just watched that final earlier funnily enough! What a header! He deserved that goal! 100%
I was a poor eleven year old from Castlemilk, no money to get in. Walked down to Hampden and tried to get a lift over. No joy. About half way through the first half the steward opened the big sliding door at the Rangers end at the North Enclosure side and let about a half dozen of us youngsters in. Those were the days.

Last edited:
I was at the replay(s) as well watching Cumslang, ( think there was at least 1 replay, auld git loyal) Eric Morris playing for Irvine Meadow. Skipped into the League cup final and that was my 1st experience of the dust when Rangers scored, my mum said I looked like I had been up a chimney (I was 12)
Yip, went to two replays, I never attended either.

Mine was actually Scum v Sheep in 1970. My dad's friend was a Sheep supporter and we stayed near Hampden so he took us along. He didn't want to pay the extras 1/- for the Rangers end, so we went to the Scum end. That was fun! They all left when the 3rd went in. One thing I remember was Bobby Davidson was as bad reffing them as he was with us.
First one with us was the first game the next year.
I went to this one as well, Aberdeen supporter I knew got me and a mate tickets for it, never expected it to turn out so well, unfortunately I was there the year before which was my first.

League Cup final 1993 against Hibs at parkhead. Super Ally overhead kick. I was right behind it in the terracing behind the goal.

Back