So when are the bookies paying out?

RobbieRFC

Remember when this was a thing and was an early sign the league was over.

Maybe I’ve missed it and they already have, I don’t read the papers.

What’s the biggest payout anyone on here is getting, if you don’t mind saying?

Paddy power usually take the opportunity for some headlines but I haven’t seen anything about them paying out. I never put money on us winning the league for the first time since we came back up so I’m taking the credit for it.
Same here, first year I've not bet on us after a disagreement with the c***s at skybet last season, not really found a bookie app I like other than VirginBet or the new Livescore Bet and I can't use those

Same here, first year I've not bet on us after a disagreement with the c***s at skybet last season, not really found a bookie app I like other than VirginBet or the new Livescore Bet and I can't use those
The uncertainty at the start of the season with covid threw me off and I forgot to put it on until a bit into the season so I put a free bet I had on us to go unbeaten.

I just started using paddypower which I like for shots on target/cards betbuilders. I like that you get your money back as a free bet if the bet builder loses on 1 leg which seems to happen a lot. If you follow somebody called Andy Robson tips on Twitter he does bet builders which have been excellent recently, he also does cheat sheets with players fouls/shots info for big games. Bet365 is clunky but better for in play imo and skybet layout is best for the accumulator longlists. I’m still crap at it though lol.

They priced us so high at the start of this season that they will be bombarding people with "cash-out" options ten minutes before we win the title at a much lower rate than offered.

I don't know the intricacies of when they actually have to pay out, but watch out because they'll be trying every trick in the law book over this loss.

Paddy Power paid out early 5/6 years ago when the poets were 1/10 to win the league at the start, it was all just for publicity as hardly anyone would've bet them at those odds,

This season will be different as I would imagine they'll have big liabilities on Rangers winning.

Paddy Power paid out early 5/6 years ago when the poets were 1/10 to win the league at the start, it was all just for publicity as hardly anyone would've bet them at those odds,

This season will be different as I would imagine they'll have big liabilities on Rangers winning.
Doubt the bookies have massive liability’s on us . Ante post isn’t a bet big hitters bet singles on as they have to wait 9 months and we were a biggest 5/2 iirc . most big liability’s are on accas etc . Read a bit about it after Leicester’s win . Because in the Leicester area there was plenty of £1,£2,£5 ,£10 singles out of loyalty etc now usually a 5000/1 is a great result for a bookie but in ante post markets the simply don’t have anything like the usual backing the favourites .

Not the bookies it was just a personal bet between me and a pal (one of the pals that doesn’t follow Scottish league). It was only £50 bet that we would win the league this season. He paid me it after they dropped points to Hibs after the Dubai trip to be fair. He said there was no chance Celtic were coming back after that

I never put a bet on us this year!
last year I also had a bet on with a mentally challenged work colleague. £100, I obviously never paid him as they never won it. I believe some bookies never paid out ob sellik last year either!

Because its alot to pay out, the interest lost on large amounts isnt worth it.

When they paid out the Tim's most mentally challengeds wouldnt have bet due to low odds ect and they were odds on, no where near as much as they have to pay out now.

Most folk lumped on bears at a decent price.

So basically they’re not paying out because they’re getting taken to the cleaners, glorious :D
I’m not a gambler but I hope you all get a good whack off them this season.

They priced us so high at the start of this season that they will be bombarding people with "cash-out" options ten minutes before we win the title at a much lower rate than offered.

I don't know the intricacies of when they actually have to pay out, but watch out because they'll be trying every trick in the law book over this loss.
What are you on about?

As long as you've bet with a reputable bookie you'll be getting paid out. Cash out will be long gone, doubt the algorithm runs to 1.000000001.

Last edited:
Doubt the bookies have massive liability’s on us . Ante post isn’t a bet big hitters bet singles on as they have to wait 9 months and we were a biggest 5/2 iirc . most big liability’s are on accas etc . Read a bit about it after Leicester’s win . Because in the Leicester area there was plenty of £1,£2,£5 ,£10 singles out of loyalty etc now usually a 5000/1 is a great result for a bookie but in ante post markets the simply don’t have anything like the usual backing the favourites .
Leicester was a great result for firms - it was the equivalent of Real Madrid going 1 down after 5 mins to say Cadiz when at home (or any big odds on) and the match ending 0-1. Bookie PRs certainly know how to fool folk.

Leicester was a great result for firms - it was the equivalent of Real Madrid going 1 down after 5 mins to say Cadiz when at home (or any big odds on) and the match ending 0-1. Bookie PRs certainly know how to fool folk.
Wasn’t bookies PR , was internal figures from the firm I work for . Unless they were trying public relations with that ?

Wasn’t bookies PR , was internal figures from the firm I work for . Unless they were trying public relations with that ?
Bookies PR was meaning in general. Personally I was told Leicester was a good result for Ladbrokes as they were the ones who were constantly biggest on Spurs in the final months.

Bookies PR was meaning in general. Personally I was told Leicester was a good result for Ladbrokes as they were the ones who were constantly biggest on Spurs in the final months.
Maybe difference being online rather than in shops which I guess was the context what I was reading internally . Pretty much every shop in Leicester would have been bankrupt if not part of a big chain .

Normally bookies pay out after the leading club goes ten points clear of second ( well bet 365 does ),i never took us this season tho however i've already received my winnings on Man City who i took pre-season @ 5/6.

Normally bookies pay out after the leading club goes ten points clear of second ( well bet 365 does ),i never took us this season tho however i've already received my winnings on Man City who i took pre-season @ 5/6.
That is only 365 really. All the other early payout stuff is just a gimmick for PR. This will be paid out once it is mathematically impossible, how it should always be really. I doubt this is a whopping payout for any Firm really, the doubles on Real and City probably cost more last night.

To be fair to 365 that is a good perk, they never really get involved in the billy big bollocks stuff like the other firms saying how much they have laid a Horse for etc... or do any silly early pay out stuff on the spur of the moment. They are miles clear now on the responsible gambling front as well.

Last edited:
Maybe difference being online rather than in shops which I guess was the context what I was reading internally . Pretty much every shop in Leicester would have been bankrupt if not part of a big chain .
Have you had anyone come in demanding to be paid out yet? It is funny how some people just don't get how it works and you can't just pay a bet out because it looks 99.99% certain it is a winner. Had a fella one day waiting on Barcelona for £300 off a £10 acca, (they were 1/10 on the coupon) - wanted the cash so he could go on the piss that night.

Last week I cashed out £1534 of a possible full payout of £1550 just because I can make better use of the money now, rather than wait a potential month or so for the extra £16.

I had two bets on with 365; one at 7/4 and one at 6/4.

I had a third season-long bet on, doubling Rangers and Liverpool, which has gone to poo.

Fourth and final is for West Brom and Rotherham to go down and Sunderland to go up. Will probably run that to the start of the play-offs then cash in if it stays as it is.

What makes you say that ?
Department dedicated to due diligence etc.. looking in to where money comes from etc.... Can only self exclude once at 365 and be let back in. Place any kind of limit on your account you don't get the promotions (such as the free x amount in play on big matches). Don't dish out free bets constant (they may have stopped now but skybet were at it constantly). 365 are so big now they know they don't need to do certain things to try and make money so they are taking steps to be responsible before they ordered to.

Ironically just had an email about this topic:

Few jobs appearing in Holland if you fancy it!

Last edited:
Department dedicated to due diligence etc.. looking in to where money comes from etc.... Can only self exclude once at 365 and be let back in. Place any kind of limit on your account you don't get the promotions (such as the free x amount in play on big matches). Don't dish out free bets constant (they may have stopped now but skybet were at it constantly). 365 are so big now they know they don't need to do certain things to try and make money so they are taking steps to be responsible before they ordered to.

Ironically just had an email about this topic:

Few jobs appearing in Holland if you fancy it!
Trying to get a permanent move back here but cheers, have possible options of going back to Gib or even Prague post lockdown but not sure I'm keen to travel around much more.

Was only asking to see what they might be doing that my lot aren't, as a new venture we've been able to get most if not all they do in place from the start. With the regulatory changes already made and the new ones coming in I think it' the bigger legacy companies that need to catch up but 365 are definitely ahead of most others.

Back